Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old November 27th, 2013, 10:16 PM

Samaritan is surprisingly tart
Exclamation Heroscapication

This project dares to ask the question, what if the DnD sets had been used to create figures from the Heroscape Universe rather than from the DnD Universe? In other words, what if Wizards of the Coast had used DnD models, but not as characters from their words, but as characters from the already established Heroscape worlds and races? Sacrilege, some say, but we are not those people, we are Heroscapers!

This project is pretty straight forward, convert the DnD figures/cards to be more like the original Heroscape lore, generally changing as little as possible so that most tactics players have used with them can remain the same. Some units may be changed more then others, as needed, but generally the changes should be as small as possible.

Spoiler Alert!
Spoiler Alert!

Its time to reclaim Valhalla!

Battle for the Underdark

Darrak Ambershard

Spoiler Alert!

Ana Karithon/Durnipia
Spoiler Alert!

Erevan Sunshadow/Erevan
Spoiler Alert!

Tandros Kreel

Spoiler Alert!

Deepwyrm Drow

Spoiler Alert!

Pelloth

Spoiler Alert!

Feral Troll

Spoiler Alert!

Othkurik

Champions of the Forgotten Realms

Mogrim Forgehammer

Spoiler Alert!

Brandis Skyhunter

Spoiler Alert!

Fen Hydra

Spoiler Alert!

Warriors of Valhalla

Spoiler Alert!

Heroscapification

Science and Religion are not at odds.
Science is simply to young to understand.

Last edited by Samaritan; February 19th, 2018 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Shurrak
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:30 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscapication

Well met!

Interesting concept, and I like the changes you've made to Darrak. I look forward to seeing the rest of the cards. If they are as reasonable, it is likely that the Gang of Four, at least, will view them favorably.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:35 PM

Thanks for the welcome and your kind comments. I really look forward to hearing opinions, both good and bad, about my ideas.

Ana now also uploaded!

Ana Karithon/Durnipia
Spoiler Alert!

Heroscapification

Last edited by Samaritan; November 28th, 2013 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Durnipia
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Bugger

El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness El T wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Now this is a "custom" project I can get behind! Finally the wrong WotC has done is fixed!

Excellent idea, perfect execution. Two thumbs up.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

There were non-SotM cards after SoTM, specially Wave 10.

Also, I'm fine with how DnD is added into Heroscape; they did a great job converting it to HS as it was. I wish you luck in the project, though.
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:56 PM
...Something unique

Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death! Ninja Status is hot lava death!

These, these are cool! Welcome aboard man!
Old November 27th, 2013, 10:59 PM

obfuscatedhippo has disabled reputation

Very interested concept and thanks for sharing with the Heroscapers community.

One request would be - that if you are going to modify Ana - please have her Protection from Evil also work against Valkrill units : )
Old November 27th, 2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
There were non-SotM cards after SoTM, specially Wave 10.
You are half right.

If you look at Wave 10 boxes, you'll note that the Wizards of the Coast logo is on the box. I've always felt that Wave 10 ("Special Release") was a test by Wizards of the Coast to see if anybody would still buy Heroscape. Kind of "if nobody buys it then we don't have to make any" sort of thing. They also took advantage of it to trial run Dungeon style cards. I actually thought of fixing the Granite Guardians and Quasatch Hunters, but as the only thing I would change is the Card Style, it seem unnecessary. Plus its nice that Aquilla isn't the only general without non-jungle style cards, even if they aren't in the original style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obfuscatedhippo
One request would be - that if you are going to modify Ana - please have her Protection from Evil also work against Valkrill units : )
I've thought of that! But remember, this is Heroscapication, converting D&D Heroscape cards into Classic Heroscape cards. Valkrill doesn't exist in regular Heroscape, just the D&D subgame.

Heroscapification

Last edited by Samaritan; November 27th, 2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: spelling
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:39 AM

Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness Serenity wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like the D&D characters, but for those that don't this seems like a pretty good alternate version.

However, rouge is a cosmetic. Darrak is a rogue.
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:42 AM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

I like these new cards! It's always annoyed me that Darrak wasn't useful outside of a dungeon.

Quote:
Strictly speaking, a rouge is a deserter
Well, strictly speaking, a rouge is a type of makeup.

As for Valkrill... are you going to make The Death Knights of Valkrill into The Death Knights of He Who Shall Not Be Named? Just curious...

Looking forward to seeing the next cards!
Old November 28th, 2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
I like the D&D characters, but for those that don't this seems like a pretty good alternate version.

However, rouge is a cosmetic. Darrak is a rogue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IshMEL View Post
I like these new cards! It's always annoyed me that Darrak wasn't useful outside of a dungeon.

Quote:
Strictly speaking, a rouge is a deserter
Well, strictly speaking, a rouge is a type of makeup.

As for Valkrill... are you going to make The Death Knights of Valkrill into The Death Knights of He Who Shall Not Be Named? Just curious...

Looking forward to seeing the next cards!
Good catch, lol.

Except technically he is a scout now

Erevan Sunshadow/Erevan released!

Spoiler Alert!

As for the Death Knights, I might have some surprising ideas for them . . . cue evil laugh . . .

Heroscapification

Last edited by Samaritan; November 28th, 2013 at 12:49 AM. Reason: spelling/grammer
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:40 AM

Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Lyrgard is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

First, I must say that I like the idea behind this project. It is true that many D&D heroes (especially from the MS3) was made with the idea of Dunjon Crawl, and they don't see a lot of play out of that. I may print this cards and use them as a possible alternative to the official ones.
There is a point I don't really like in your project, throught :
- You negate the existence of shadow. I understand for donjon tiles, no others type of terrain that come in 24hex tiles are refered to on powers, so I understand why you would change all power refering to donjon tiles. But shadow is a fine addition to Heroscape. It follow nicely the water, ice and molten lava tiles, each having rules of their one, each having powers refering to them.

Also, I don't know how I stand for Valkrill. It was introduced with D&D waves, but it is a Kyrie, not a D&D god. Truescape already introduced new general, with Aquila, right ?

Now, on the card already made :

I think Darrak is too strong as you made him. He will be played with the dwarves, so the player can always keep it adjacent to another dwarf (it also help a lot for his attack). 2 def + 1 auto shield, 4 life, a normal attack of 6 (7 with height), and bonding with a very solid 4 figure squad, all that for only 60 points ? It's too much.
Also, you removed a power that worked with a dice roll and replaced it with an automatic shield. I would have prefered if instead of 1 auto shield, the power granted additionnal defense die (2 or 3). This way, like the official card's power, the power can fail to help Darrak.

Erevan could have stayed with Jandar. From the bio, for instance, we know the existence of Tyrian, a former Protector of Ullar, that switched side and then served under Jandar. Erevan could have done the same. (Jokingly, pehaps he is an albino and was segregated by the others elves, making him eager to leave them)

As for Ana. You changed Erevan race because it doesn't exist in truescape, yet you add a new race just for Ana. I understand your concern about the origin of figures, but perhaps, like Kelda, Ana drank the water of a Wellspring after being summoned, and it awaken in her dormant magical healing powers (Perhaps Kiova took a liking to her and allowed her to drink it). As for her skin tone, especially as she now is a Lady, it was fashion during lot a era on earth that women try their best to keep their skin as white as possible.

all in one, I like the changes you made, but I think you overlooked another thing that can be changed for a card : the bio. You said you wanted to make as little change as possible to cards. By creating a bio for Erevan and Ana, you could have let Erevan on Jandar's side, and let Ana be a Human. This way, you change less of the card, and it is still coherent with truescape.

Let the next cards come, I'm eager to see them !

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards