Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 11th, 2021, 01:59 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Well, without the boon for the Arrow Gruts, it would have a very different role on the battlefield. You think there would be a lot of overlap?

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:05 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Well, without the boon for the Arrow Gruts, it would have a very different role on the battlefield. You think there would be a lot of overlap?
It would be another (most likely) 25 pt unit for them, and would bring them a cheap SA (if you cant afford Mimring). Sure, they aren't getting their stat boosts, but I'm not seeing Swog Riders brought that often right now anyway.
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I had another thought. Just make them wild swogs that haven’t yet been captured. Do you have the mini? How does it compare to the swogs?

= =
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:13 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I had another thought. Just make them wild swogs that haven’t yet been captured. Do you have the mini? How does it compare to the swogs?
I've had the pictures in a spoiler in the initial post.
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:16 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Ok. They are similar to swog riders but bigger. I’m ok with that and it supports giving them 3 life. Makes the mini work. My only remaining problem is the story you’re telling. Let these be wild swogs from Grut, not escaped from the battlefield, and I think you’re there.

= =
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Ok. They are similar to swog riders but bigger. I’m ok with that and it supports giving them 3 life. Makes the mini work. My only remaining problem is the story you’re telling. Let these be wild swogs from Grut, not escaped from the battlefield, and I think you’re there.
If that's done, then the Beast Training ability doesn't make any sense. Though I guess you could argue that it's because they trained the Swogs after the fact.

They could be Feral Swogs from Grut instead of Vahalla, though. There are Feral Horses in Western US and Hogs in Eastern US. It would explain their larger size too.

Basically, they could be a generation or two removed from tamed Swogs on Grut. Grew to large size due to location and prey options. But the Gruts can still Capture and train them, even if they don't/can't ride them anymore. And Aquilla wants them because of their ferocity.
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:27 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

On the contrary, Beast Training makes perfect sense. Like wild horses, they are not tame when encountered, but they are subject to capture and training.

= =
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
On the contrary, Beast Training makes perfect sense. Like wild horses, they are not tame when encountered, but they are subject to capture and training.
Yeah I was editing my post yet again lol

Thanks for going over it Dad_Scaper.
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:39 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

Feral Swog is a fun idea. Personally I would rather see him without Beast Training. The Arrows already have a lot of Beast options in VC. What would Feral Swog bring to the table that the others are not? I think the Swog connection can just be lore, without explicit tie-in to the Arrow in gameplay.
Old August 11th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I’d like that approach, too. I’d like this design with or without. And adding Beast options presents complicating factors, as vegie says.

= =
Old August 11th, 2021, 04:07 PM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Fo-To-Ki-Ro is cool and thematic. Don't know about his Resistance ability, not every unit needs 3 powers. Some of the most thematically tight units only have 2 or even just 1. You could honestly condense the first two powers into one and get the ever-coveted "one-power unit" that are some of Heroscape's finest.

Swog is a great sculpt. If it were me I'd probably make him Common, bump the Defense to 5 a la Hounds/Deathstalkers since it's a beefier sculpt, lose the Disengage, and give him Pounce SA (or maybe a Large variant of it since he's double-spaced with a "if possible" clause on the placing over top the destroyed figure).

~TAF,

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old August 11th, 2021, 04:41 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I will definitely boil down to 2. 1 would be cool but I think enough is happening that 2 makes for pretty clear reading.

As for questions of size, yes this guy is 11 or maybe youd consider him 12. Comparable to nilfheim in size. He is double based, wide stance places a foot in each side of the peanut without worry of overlap.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards