Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media
Other Media Books, Music, Movies, Television, Comics, etc.

View Poll Results: X-Men: The Last Stand...
...was a great movie! 15 44.12%
...could have been better. 15 44.12%
...sucked! 3 8.82%
...is not worth renting or wasting a rainy Sunday watching on network television. 1 2.94%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 30th, 2006, 08:36 AM

Havokscry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius
I finally got to see X-3 yesterday and had I not actually been an X-men fan, I would have loved it. As it was, I thought there were too many inconsistancies, though you all have explained away alot of them.

My big stickler was making the Juggernaut a mutant and you all say they have done that in the comics? I have missed the last 6-7 years of the comics (big follower through the nineties) so I dont know what they have done with the characters but I did know that it was widely publicized that the juggernaut was not a mutant, he was Charles Xaviers half brother with mystical powers from the gem of cytorrak.

I didnt stick around for the scene after the credits, I didnt know there was one. Could someone describe it please?
You're right about Juggernaut in the regular Marvel Universe. He's not a mutant, he is Xavier's step-brother, and he gets his powers from the gem. In the Ultimate X-Men universe, the Juggernaut is a mutant and he is not associated with Xavier. It looks like all three movies took elements from both of the universes. On a side note, Singer will be writing Ultimate X-Men in the coming months.

The scene after the credits, shows Moira (at the facility they had shown earlier) and it pans to the comatose man and he wakes up and speaks with Patrick Stewart's voice. So he transferred his mind into the comatose man's body.
Old May 30th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Grindmaster

allskulls has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by netherspirit
Maybe you should have wrote and directed the movie. :P
No, just someone else . But would't we all like it our way?

Quote:
My review was my opinion. You are entitled to yours...
Agreed...ditto. I hope I didn't seem to be shooting down your opinions. If so, I appologize. I was just surprised that no one here actually disliked the movie. I gave some of my reasons why I disliked it and others disagreed and gave their reasons...cool. That's sharing different opinions. We can still .

Quote:
I was not let down very much and the let downs did not overshadow the good things for me. Hence the reason I gave it a good review.
I was let down very much and the let downs did overshadow the good things for me. Hense the reason I gave it a bad review.
Old May 31st, 2006, 08:30 PM

kookalives has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by caravaggio
the only thing more absurd than the snakes on a plane preview, was the girl next to us balling at the end of the movie. i mean, i could understand my girlfriend balling during united 93 but i could have cared less about wolverine stabbing jean grey. hugh jackmans performance was ok, but there simply wasnt the story to back it up (famke janssen dialling it in didn't help either).
I think my wife will cry when she sees that scene myself. It was an intense scene and I felt it was very well done to get the emotions out there. I had no problem understanding just how intense that was. Although it does help to have read the comics that shows their relationship better. But still, even in just those three movie you know enough to understand just how hard that had to be for Wolvie.

Quote:
i was more concerned trying to figure out how the most powerful creature in the universe could be killed by some stake knives!
That was easy. Jean had enough control at that point to allow it. She wanted to die and needed it to happen quickly before the Phoenix could regain control.

Quote:
as far as cyclops goes... i seem to remember liking him in the little bit that i knew about the xmen prior to the movies. but the actor who plays him really pisses me off for some reason. seems like the typical so-cal beefcake beach boy cast in everything these days.
He was not very likable in the movies at all. I really felt nothing with his death. That is one area where things could have been done better.

Quote:
you would think that the ability to control the weather would have a much more devasting effect (especially when on a tiny island in the middle of a huge bay). she could have been throwing tidal waves, tornadoes, blizzards, ice storms all over those guys. jean grey's powers seemed to cause more atmospheric disturbances than storm's. what's up with that?

Storm was not out of control, while the Phoenix was. We have seen Storm out of control in the comics and really pissed, and then things get bad. but she is not going to just start up a hurricane that might destroy much more than her intended targets. Learning control of one's powers is a large part of what the X-Men teach.
Old May 31st, 2006, 09:11 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
When Cable arrived from the future, it was Moira who taught him English and introduced him to Xavier.
Old May 31st, 2006, 10:43 PM
Heroscape Architect Extraordinaire

caravaggio is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydcomebak
When Cable arrived from the future, it was Moira who taught him English and introduced him to Xavier.
?

i have no response to that. other than something completely impertinent like this.

Havoc's grandmother in an alternate timeline was infected with DNA from a planet in alpha system and became Caspiterina. she then travelled through a dimensional portal to the 16th century and met the real caravaggio who gave her the emerald amulet. in the secret wars saga, Xavier used kitty pride to trick janet and chrissy so he could place a telekenetic lock on the amulet before firestorm stole it and returned it to 67th dimention where he fell in love with moira who then killed xavier (after teaching cable english, of course) and opened the lock releasing the mutant strain of DNA that caused wolverine's mutation. sometime after the x-project, logan had an epic battle with darkseid. just before darkseid vanished he told him about the crystal planet and how havoc was planning an invasion! stealing the delorean time machine, wolverine, spider-man, the hulk and the thing travelled back in time to interupt havoc's past. this is where they first met moira and psyloche who had been sent to protect the amulet. during the battle, havoc's grandmother transformed into the first dark pheonix but before being destroyed, moira was impregnated by the hulk and followed the amulet through the crack in the space-time continuum. moira then named her baby caravaggio, introduced him to sgt drake alexander and taught him english before she was killed by nightcrawler....
Old May 31st, 2006, 11:19 PM

Sydcomebak Woo who?
Quote:
Havoc's grandmother in an alternate timeline was infected with DNA from a planet in alpha system and became Caspiterina. she then travelled through a dimensional portal to the 16th century and met the real caravaggio who gave her the emerald amulet. in the secret wars saga, Xavier used kitty pride to trick janet and chrissy so he could place a telekenetic lock on the amulet before firestorm stole it and returned it to 67th dimention where he fell in love with moira who then killed xavier (after teaching cable english, of course) and opened the lock releasing the mutant strain of DNA that caused wolverine's mutation. sometime after the x-project, logan had an epic battle with darkseid. just before darkseid vanished he told him about the crystal planet and how havoc was planning an invasion! stealing the delorean time machine, wolverine, spider-man, the hulk and the thing travelled back in time to interupt havoc's past. this is where they first met moira and psyloche who had been sent to protect the amulet. during the battle, havoc's grandmother transformed into the first dark pheonix but before being destroyed, moira was impregnated by the hulk and followed the amulet through the crack in the space-time continuum. moira then named her baby caravaggio, introduced him to sgt drake alexander and taught him english before she was killed by nightcrawler....
What?

I was linking my previous prediction to the curreet direction of the thread. Havok or Cable saved Scott. We were introduced to Moira... Look, another Cable link!
Old June 2nd, 2006, 03:49 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I liked it and don't quite understand why people have been determined for months and months to hate it..it's like it's some sort of fan whipping boy. So Singer moved on to other movies....the movie was still well done. The big fight at the end is what I'd been hoping for all along.

I thought the first X-men movie was good but not great, and looked like they skimped on the action to save money. I thought X2 was utterly fantastic, and I thought X3 was about as good as the first.
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM

DemoDougie has disabled reputation
Re: Movie Review: X-Men 3 (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allskulls
Midnight showing at my friend's theatre...it was free. Packed auditorium, but no worries, my friend puts it on a separate screen for about 30 of us.

That was the highlight.

Then the movie came on and spoiled the evening.

Let me just say that the first X-Men movie was tons better than "The Last Stand" (good title, cause I don't know if I could stand anymore). I will say that there were some cool scenes (Juggernaut doing his thing, Iceman icing, Beast's acrobatics) but they were hard to enjoy after enduring an underdeveloped storyline just happen and horrific diolouge (I was waiting to hear someone say "cut scene...take 2"). This was the worse movie that ever had me with high expectations and anticipation.

One good thing was the trailer for an upcoming Uma Thurman movie, "My Ex-Super-Girlfriend". Looks hilarious. She actually throws a living shark through an apartment window that eats some chick! A must see!
There were sooo many things wrong with this film it pains me to re-hash the horror! But here's the highlights:

(1) How did Storm lose her African accent from the first two movies?
(2) The Phoenix WASN'T the Phoenix...nothing like her, so why not call her something else since she's a totally different character?
(3) The whole middle of the film is SOOOOOOO redundant - cutting from the woods and Magneto reminding us ,"a war is raging," and the White House, also reminding us, "a war is raging," for a good 20 minutes.
(3) Did Juggernaut and Professor X forget they're brothers?
(4) Why did Magneto have to move the Golden Gate bridge to get them across when everyone had metal in their costumes?
(5) When Magneto started moving the bridge it was daytime. When they reached the end it was nighttime.
(6) Why in the name all that is Holy did the X-Men run for cover when Pyro and Magneto started throwing cars like little pansies? I believe when they reached cover Storm looks at Logan and says quizically, "We need a plan?" I've got one, grow some nads and have Colossus start cathing them and throwing them back or why don't you get off of your sorry ass and make a tornado? Remember you can do that! You have done this before...
(7) Why does Wolverine act like a pansy here? He's Wolvie, he NEVER goes in with a plan...
( If "Phoenix" can desentegrate people, why is there a need for an army?
(9) Seeing Angel was pointless. The "story arc" for him with his father was ant-climactic and clumsy.
(10) Iceman ices up for 5 seconds of screen time and then nothing else. Elvis just friggin' left the building!
(11) At the end Storm is all like what do we do now and everybody is like I don't know, and she's like well I'm not leaving like Logan but I don't know what I'm gonna do and the kids have to leave and some junk and Logan of all people is the one who says we should stay and keep the Prof's dream alive or some junk and Storm says okay and I'll BE THE LEADER OR SOME JUNK!
(12) Who wrote the dialogue, Jessica Simpson?
(13) Who was the acting coach on set, Halle Berry or Jessica Simpson?
(14) So, instead of having Scott leave the team because he's so distraught over the loss of Jean (which he did in the comics, but I guess that's why they changed it), they had to kill him!?!?!?!?! And in the first 5-8 minutes of the film!
(15)And kill Professor X??!?!?!?!?! Patrick Stewart signed on for four (he needs to get a new agent). How? He DESENTEGRATED INTO TINY BITS AT A VERY SLOW RATE OF SPEED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I feel a Dallas twist coming...

OMG I feel a Lewis Black anurism coming coming hjhkll;;;,.. trt

Dragon's Dungeon Games...Where everyday is gameday!
Old August 28th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Which Team Am I On?...

Tiberius has disabled reputation
Re: Movie Review: X-Men 3 (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemoDougie

(1) How did Storm lose her African accent from the first two movies?
(2) The Phoenix WASN'T the Phoenix...nothing like her, so why not call her something else since she's a totally different character?
(3) The whole middle of the film is SOOOOOOO redundant - cutting from the woods and Magneto reminding us ,"a war is raging," and the White House, also reminding us, "a war is raging," for a good 20 minutes.
(3) Did Juggernaut and Professor X forget they're brothers?
(4) Why did Magneto have to move the Golden Gate bridge to get them across when everyone had metal in their costumes?
(5) When Magneto started moving the bridge it was daytime. When they reached the end it was nighttime.
(6) Why in the name all that is Holy did the X-Men run for cover when Pyro and Magneto started throwing cars like little pansies? I believe when they reached cover Storm looks at Logan and says quizically, "We need a plan?" I've got one, grow some nads and have Colossus start cathing them and throwing them back or why don't you get off of your sorry *** and make a tornado? Remember you can do that! You have done this before...
(7) Why does Wolverine act like a pansy here? He's Wolvie, he NEVER goes in with a plan...
( If "Phoenix" can desentegrate people, why is there a need for an army?
(9) Seeing Angel was pointless. The "story arc" for him with his father was ant-climactic and clumsy.
(10) Iceman ices up for 5 seconds of screen time and then nothing else. Elvis just friggin' left the building!
(11) At the end Storm is all like what do we do now and everybody is like I don't know, and she's like well I'm not leaving like Logan but I don't know what I'm gonna do and the kids have to leave and some junk and Logan of all people is the one who says we should stay and keep the Prof's dream alive or some junk and Storm says okay and I'll BE THE LEADER OR SOME JUNK!
(12) Who wrote the dialogue, Jessica Simpson?
(13) Who was the acting coach on set, Halle Berry or Jessica Simpson?
(14) So, instead of having Scott leave the team because he's so distraught over the loss of Jean (which he did in the comics, but I guess that's why they changed it), they had to kill him!?!?!?!?! And in the first 5-8 minutes of the film!
(15)And kill Professor X??!?!?!?!?! Patrick Stewart signed on for four (he needs to get a new agent). How? He DESENTEGRATED INTO TINY BITS AT A VERY SLOW RATE OF SPEED?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I feel a Dallas twist coming...
I'd argue to defend the X-men but I actually agree with most of the points, it was no where near as good as the first two movies.
Old August 29th, 2006, 03:39 PM

JerBear has disabled reputation
My main problem with the movie was when the X-Men used the anti-muant serum on Magneto. It just seemed totally hypocritical with all the talk earlier in the movies about free will and individual choice. Kind of went against what they stand for.

Some of the other stuff- eh, it was very different form the books, but it didn't really bother me too much.

No Signature Here
Old August 30th, 2006, 10:53 PM

DemoDougie has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerBear
My main problem with the movie was when the X-Men used the anti-muant serum on Magneto. It just seemed totally hypocritical with all the talk earlier in the movies about free will and individual choice. Kind of went against what they stand for.
I agree with this. That thought hadn't occurred to me.

Dragon's Dungeon Games...Where everyday is gameday!
Old August 31st, 2006, 05:38 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I still haven't seen this film...was going to go to cinema to see it but didn't bother making time! I think i'll wait for the dvd release!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media