Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old July 12th, 2011, 12:55 PM

Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby! Kaemon Awa 123 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Shocky's Maps (New Map as of 7/11!)

That's probably the confusion- many people confuse the terms Turtling and Camping.

As for Volcarren Gauntlet, I have it about 1/2way built and it looks nice. It sort of reminds me of a new school take on Fire Isles... with LoS blockers. The hills are a little bit defensible due to the lava, but I'll refrain from judgement until I at least build it.
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:02 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I like it! Very nice use of there only being 1 DnD set. I think that it will be even more balanced if you take out the 2 dungeon 1-hexes from under the 1-hex rock outcroppings. You don't have to be that symmetrical.

The other thing about it is that the entire region of where figures will be in play is all lava field. I don't know if it will hurt range or melee or both... I'll test it out and comment.
Old July 13th, 2011, 03:26 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robber View Post
I like it! Very nice use of there only being 1 DnD set. I think that it will be even more balanced if you take out the 2 dungeon 1-hexes from under the 1-hex rock outcroppings. You don't have to be that symmetrical.
Thanks! I know I took the symmetricality (is that even a word?) to an extreme, but I like when I can use up all the materials in whatever set(s) I'm using. For instance, the only unused piece out of the Dungeon set and the VW is one Molten Lava tile.

Quote:
The other thing about it is that the entire region of where figures will be in play is all lava field. I don't know if it will hurt range or melee or both... I'll test it out and comment.
Both.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:16 PM
Promising Cartographer

Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness Robber wears ripped pants of awesomeness

What I was implying was that you could remove those peices and then use them elsewhere. Also, the 1-hex of lava left over can be used with the one buried under the rock outcropping.
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:39 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
What I was implying was that you could remove those peices and then use them elsewhere. Also, the 1-hex of lava left over can be used with the one buried under the rock outcropping.
Yeah, but there's not really another place that needs them I think. I'm not sure what you're saying about the one leftover lava piece, could you explain a little more?
Old July 13th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Promising Cartographer

There is a lava field 1-hex left over, and one underneath the rock outcropping. Use them in another place if you want.
Old July 13th, 2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
There is a lava field 1-hex left over, and one underneath the rock outcropping. Use them in another place if you want.
No, the only extra piece is a molten lava tile, not lava field. Was that the miscommunication?
Old July 13th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Promising Cartographer

yup.
Old July 13th, 2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
yup.
No prob.
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:44 PM

Actually, I was wrong. I had a different dungeon/lava map set up at the time, and I mistook it for VG. Volcarren Gauntlet's extra pieces are one dungeon seven hex, and two lava one hexes. I think.
Old September 23rd, 2011, 09:40 PM

New map! Forges of Utgar!

I'm really getting into a lot of maps with lava, and this one was the most developed design so far I think. Split start zones, lateral, lava height, road, what could go wrong?

Now that C3V play-testing is over for a bit and I won't be attending a tournament for a while, I'll hopefully update more frequently.

EDIT: Also in the process of updating with a new version of Volcarren Gauntlet with 16 hex start zones, and by some miracle, a picture on the front page!

Last edited by Shockma Ranyk; September 23rd, 2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old November 5th, 2011, 06:04 PM

Omahavice is surprisingly tart
Re: Shocky's Maps (New Map 9/23/11)

I really like Run to the Hills. Since I only have 2 ROTV, 2 SOTM, 1 Dungeon set, 2 Marvel, and 1 Ticalla Jungle, some of the maps that include VW, TT, or RTTFF, are off limits to me.

I like that Run to the Hills can be built with just 1 ROTV and it seems to be very simple and balanced. No where to run, no where to hide, battles will happen quickly and often. Keep up the good work on your map designs.

Tournament Record
Good Trades List

DaBoyzRule 5 Time Super Bowl Champions Working on Number 6

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios