Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old August 5th, 2010, 03:25 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!
How should you go about inviting people to play scape?

I'm curious on what should be done to arrange a time, what former precautions need to be taken, etc.

Also, my parents are extremely paranoid about this kind of thing, so any tips on convincing them that this will be worth the trouble, and that the person meeting us isn't a serial killer?

Last edited by Shockma Ranyk; August 5th, 2010 at 03:47 PM. Reason: added everything after "trouble"
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:07 PM

The Doctor is surprisingly tart
Re: How should you go about inviting people to play scape?

Well they have a right to be cautious because you are meeting a stranger. Even if they are nice. I would meet at public area. Perhaps one of your parents could come. I am sure that would make them feel better. Or you could buy a can of Mace. Dicks sporting goods sells them.

Old August 5th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Counting gray cells and coming up short... Also, I confess to being a fanboy.

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Easy!

Meet them at a game store. Call ahead & make sure, but many gaming stores will have tables where people can sit down, crack open the boardgames they brought/purchased, and play.

I took the liberty of looking up some likely candidates, though it's up to you to make sure they will accommodate:
http://www.thegameshoppe.com/ in Bellevue
http://omahagameshop.com/ in Omaha

I also went to the Wizards of the Coast website & found the shops where you could go to play Dungeons & Dragons, figuring some of them will be game shops with a table for you to set up 'Scape. This map is what I got for Omaha.

Have fun, and do what your parents tell you.

C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
Designing Customs? Help With Wurdz
= =
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:21 PM
Scenariographer

xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla xraine69 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

You can find some Helpful Links here. Good luck.

If you are just looking to get into Scape, I have plenty of terrain to get you started!
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:17 PM

Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby! Shockma Ranyk rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks guys! I didn't think of the "meet at a game store" thing, thanks.
Old August 5th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

If you are under 18 and the person your meeting is also under 18, I don't see why there should be much trouble with meeting inside your house. Also if you are afraid of them taking stuff, you can play 'Scape in the backyard.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 5th, 2010, 08:00 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Your best bet would be to get in touch with the gys from Nebraska on here...

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...light=nebraska

...and then convince your parents to take you to a tournament they are running in the area. Once they meet the people who play in your area they may be more apt to allowing you to have one of the more age appropriate guys/gals from the area come over to play at your house once in awhile.
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:59 PM

CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker CapnRedChops knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Or you could buy a can of Mace. Dicks sporting goods sells them.
I find this unbelievable.

Take your parent/s along, for the first meet up, yes, first priority, best solution.

Meet in a game store, absolutely.

Play with age appropriate friends or in groups larger than 2, yes.

But advising a kid to carry a weapon as protection (just because mace is highly unlikely to do any permanent damage it doesn't make it any less of a weapon)? I'm sure our friend Shockma Ranyk is pretty stable and doesn't lose his/her cool upon losing... but I'm also sure that some people of all ages are unable to deal rationally with competitive situations.

If it's that much of a concern, that you need to consider taking mace, then don't go - play with Mum & Dad instead.

CRC
Old August 6th, 2010, 11:53 AM

I thought he was joking! I would never carry mace. Thanks for the advice guys. Excluding the mace idea.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers