Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Notices

Old July 30th, 2009, 04:21 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Felindar's Comic Customs Working on Stargate

Here are my cards now Listed by type and as links as per request.

1. Just Because
Gorilinator titan
Ratsi War Bot
Shannon as Batgirl
Anthony as Spiderman

2. Justice society of America
Star girl / Star Spangled Kid
S.T.R.I.P.E.
Atom Smasher
Stature
Star Man

3. AT-43
Red Block
Kransny Soldot Trooper
Kransny Soldot Grenadier
Kransny Soldot RPG

Anakonga
Trooper
Mek
Flamer
K-Shooter

4. Star Jammers
Raza Longknife

5.Dark Angel
Max
Eyes only
Manticorian Troopers
Lydecker

6. Presidential Limo cards
Jack Ryan

7. Stargate cards
Jack
Daniel
Sam
Teal'c
Wraith Qween

I will update this set as links but post the pic in the post when I anounce them.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Last edited by Felindar; June 27th, 2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old July 30th, 2009, 04:22 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker
Re: Felindar's Comic Customs

Here are the thoughts I have on the Duo.

STAR SPANGLED KID 150 points
4 Life
6 range
7 move
4 attack
3 Defense

Flight

SINERGEY
Cannot be drafted without Stripe. Before you take an action with The Star spangled kid, you may first take an action with Stripe.

COSMIC ROD
Ssk adds 4 Dice to her defense dice or can add 3 dice to the defense of herself, and all adjacent figures. If she defends all adjacent figures, the shield stays in that format until she acts again.

Energy blast.
Range 5 3 dice to target and 2 to each adjacent figure.

STRIPE 250
6life
4 range
7 move
5 attack
5 Defense

Unique

Flight Super strength

SINERGEY
Cannot be drafted without Star-spangled kid. If the SSK is removed from the game or control of her card changes. Stripe gains 1 extra Defense dice and 2 extra attack dice against the figure that affected her.

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against any attack, STRIPE always adds one automatic Shield to whatever is rolled.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:49 PM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

Gorillinator Titan if all you are asking about is the price I not the best of judges there but it feels about right. Do you want other feedback for the card?

SSK & Stripe look good, I don't quite like the wording of "affected her" in Stripe's Sinergy ability, but I can't offer anything better at this stage, & it might be the only way to say it. It just reads a little funny to me. Can't wait to see the finished card.

Cheers
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
Gorillinator Titan if all you are asking about is the price I not the best of judges there but it feels about right. Do you want other feedback for the card?

SSK & Stripe look good, I don't quite like the wording of "affected her" in Stripe's Sinergy ability, but I can't offer anything better at this stage, & it might be the only way to say it. It just reads a little funny to me. Can't wait to see the finished card.

Cheers
Any feedback is Welcome.

Yep, I farted around with anumber of diffrent ways of saying it. I wanted to include all of the mind controll and Loyalty swaps ext. I figured that was the cleanest way to say it.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felindar View Post
Quote:

STAR-SPANGLED KID 150 points
4 Life
6 range
7 move
4 attack
3 Defense

Flight

Synergy
Star-Spangled Kid and Stripe must be drafted together. Before you take a turn with The Star-Spangled kid, you may first take a turn with Stripe.

COSMIC ROD
Star-Spangled Kid may adds 4 Dice to her own defense roll or add 3 dice to the defense of herself, and all adjacent figures. If Star Spangled Kid chooses to defends all adjacent figures, the shield stays in that format until she acts again she will continue to defend all adjacent figures until revealing an Order Marker on this card.

Energy Blast Special Attack.
Range 5 Attack 3 dice to target and 2 to each adjacent figure.
I would seriously consider just keeping the attack consistent.
All figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by Energy Blast Special Attack. Each figure rolls defense separately

STRIPE 250
6 life
4 range
7 move
5 attack
5 Defense

Unique

Flight Super strength

Synergy
Star-Spangled Kid and Stripe must be drafted together. If Star-Spangled Kid is removed from the game Destroyed or control of her card changes, Stripe gains 1 extra Defense die and 2 extra attack dice against the figure that affected her caused Star-Spangled Kid to be destroyed or to change players.***

TOUGH
When rolling defense dice against any attack, STRIPE always adds one automatic Shield to whatever is rolled.
Some suggestions.

Also, on Stripe's Synergy Special, with the current wording, anytime Star-Spangled Kid changes players, Stripe would gain the bonuses, not just when control is taken away from the original player.
Old July 31st, 2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Quote:

STAR-SPANGLED KID 150 points
4 Life
6 range
7 move
4 attack
3 Defense

Flight

Synergy
Star-Spangled Kid and Stripe must be drafted together. Before you take a turn with The Star-Spangled kid, you may first take a turn with Stripe.

COSMIC ROD
Star-Spangled Kid may adds 4 Dice to her own defense roll or add 3 dice to the defense of herself, and all adjacent figures. If Star Spangled Kid chooses to defends all adjacent figures, the shield stays in that format until she acts again she will continue to defend all adjacent figures until revealing an Order Marker on this card.

Energy Blast Special Attack.
Range 5 Attack 3 dice to target and 2 to each adjacent figure.
I would seriously consider just keeping the attack consistent.
All figures adjacent to the targeted figure are also affected by Energy Blast Special Attack. Each figure rolls defense separately

STRIPE 250
6 life
4 range
7 move
5 attack
5 Defense

Unique

Flight Super strength

Synergy
Star-Spangled Kid and Stripe must be drafted together. If Star-Spangled Kid is removed from the game Destroyed or control of her card changes, Stripe gains 1 extra Defense die and 2 extra attack dice against the figure that affected her caused Star-Spangled Kid to be destroyed or to change players.***

TOUGH
Some suggestions.

Also, on Stripe's Synergy Special, with the current wording, anytime Star-Spangled Kid changes players, Stripe would gain the bonuses, not just when control is taken away from the original player.

Thanks I have a problem making my cards sound Scapey. Maby I just have too many game systems floating around in my head.

Do you think SSKs Energy blast is too powerfull at 3 dice to all adjacent? I don't know if I want a Squad killer.

With Stripe's Synergy with the curent wording would He loose the bonuses if controll goes back to the origional player? That was my intent.

Maby

Synergy
Star-Spangled Kid and Stripe must be drafted together. If Star-Spangled Kid is Destroyed or control of her card changes, Stripe gains 1 extra Defense die and 2 extra attack dice against the figure that caused Star-Spangled Kid to be destroyed or to change players, untill controll of the card changes back to the origional player.

P.S. How do you do the cross out of text? I see the Qwotes and such but no cross out. Do you add the starting and ending symbols yourself?
Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old July 31st, 2009, 04:26 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Thanks I have a problem making my cards sound Scapey. Maby I just have too many game systems floating around in my head.

Do you think SSKs Energy blast is too powerfull at 3 dice to all adjacent? I don't know if I want a Squad killer.

With Stripe's Synergy with the curent wording would He loose the bonuses if controll goes back to the origional player? That was my intent.

Maby

Synergy
Star-Spangled Kid and Stripe must be drafted together. If Star-Spangled Kid is Destroyed or control of her card changes, Stripe gains 1 extra Defense die and 2 extra attack dice against the figure that caused Star-Spangled Kid to be destroyed or to change players, untill controll of the card changes back to the origional player.

P.S. How do you do the cross out of text? I see the Qwotes and such but no cross out. Do you add the starting and ending symbols yourself?
Pete
On Synergy, the way you have it worded, as well as my changes, Stripe does not lose the bonuses if control returns, in fact he would gain them against the unit that returned that control

On strikethrough, it's the symbol in your editor.
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Maby

Synergy

Pete
On Synergy, the way you have it worded, as well as my changes, Stripe does not lose the bonuses if control returns, in fact he would gain them against the unit that returned that control

On strikethrough, it's the symbol in your editor.
untill controll of the card changes back to the origional player.

Or

Bonuses may only apply aginst one figure at a time.

the first should end the bonus if controll is retuned and the second would leave it active which I think might be better. The idea is to make controling her a no no and with some of the abilities you just controll the card for one action then controll goes back so Stripe would never get bonuses against Dr. Doom.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:51 PM

Here They are I just now realised I forgot the flight and superstrength symbols I will repost tomorw. Aside from that what do you think. Stripe has both and the kid can just fly.

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old August 2nd, 2009, 01:25 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Here They are I just now realised I forgot the flight and superstrength symbols I will repost tomorw. Aside from that what do you think. Stripe has both and the kid can just fly.

Pretty nice cards Felinder, I like the way you captured their relationship. There are a couple things that you may want to consider changing and it happens to do with their names.

Star Spangled Kid changed her name to Stargirl after getting that cosmic rod. Got that from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargirl

Should S.T.R.I.P.E be spelled the same throughout the text on both cards to be consistant with the way it appears at the top of his card?

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old August 2nd, 2009, 10:09 AM
Captain Underpants

Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun Matt Helm is a penguin with a machine gun

Really nice looking cards Felindar, and a few cool ideas there.

If you're open to feedback, you may want to look at:

- Need Height and Size for both characters
- SYNERGY could be retitled as it does not read exactly the same on both cards. Possibilities would be "S.T.R.I.P.E SYNERGY" and "STAR SPANGLED KID SYNERGY" or "FATHER DAUGHTER SYNERGY" and "PARENT SYNERGY". The point is, since the power reads differently on each card, the title of the powers should be different as well.
- COSMIC ROD is nice but may be a bit confusing as written. At what point does she decide whether she is defending herself or all those adjacent to her? Also, it may be hard to track who is affected and for how long. Although I hate using markers, maybe they are needed when she is covering others. Or it could be simplified by making it always +3 to defense for her and her friends (cut out the choice of +4). I think her cost would need to go up unless the defense field only lasts until she reveals her first Order Marker, at which time there is no defense bonus for anyone for the rest of the round. Was that your intent?
- I love the use of the same pic for both cards. I'm no GIMP or Photoshop guy but is there a way to highlight the proper one on each card? Maybe dull the vibrance of the other while creating some glow around the primary character? Just a thought from a non artsy guy like me.

Well I hope some of those ideas made sense. Keep up the great work.
Old August 2nd, 2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:

Pretty nice cards Felinder, I like the way you captured their relationship. There are a couple things that you may want to consider changing and it happens to do with their names.

Star Spangled Kid changed her name to Stargirl after getting that cosmic rod. Got that from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargirl

Should S.T.R.I.P.E be spelled the same throughout the text on both cards to be consistant with the way it appears at the top of his card?
Will do for S.T.R.I.P.E.

I was thinking of going with Star Girl, however the mini from Heroclix said the star Spangled Kid and since I am making the card for my daughter to use she Gets veto power. She has been waiting for the SSK for weeks and I can't get her to change.

If it works better for the comunity I will change the card for general use.

Pete

DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations