Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon
ScapeCon Forum for events related to Scapecon

Notices

Old March 21st, 2020, 03:45 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History

Heroscape has been at Gencon since 2006. Below is a link to the map pool break down from 2007-2023. 2007 was the first year we used community built maps.

Last edited by infectedsloth; June 12th, 2023 at 11:41 PM. Reason: 2023
Old April 12th, 2020, 02:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Gencon Map Pool History

Really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

On that note...even though GC is still questionable whether or not it's even going to happen, do you still plan on announcing the map selection (prepping as if it will happen)?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old April 12th, 2020, 02:59 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Really interesting. Thanks for sharing!

On that note...even though GC is still questionable whether or not it's even going to happen, do you still plan on announcing the map selection (prepping as if it will happen)?
We’ve been testing a lot of maps over the past four months or so. We’ll build the pool in May like usual, assuming we don’t hear anything regarding a cancellation by then. If we do, I don’t think we’ll release an official pool.
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:10 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

I know that you've made them for individual gen cons but would if be possible to get all these maps in one big PDF file?
Old May 21st, 2020, 03:41 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Awesome resource, thanks IS.

I just realized Bad Moon Rising has never been used. For shame!

I like all the maps that have been used 3+ times except Burial Marsh. That's not really meant as a knock on Panopticon - Wyrmwalk is one of my all time favorite maps, after all.
Old August 24th, 2021, 01:19 AM

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I've just completed a significant update to the Gen/ScapeCon map pool history.
  • Every map is now linked to their build instructions
  • There's now a link to every cartographer's map thread
  • There's a link to each years map announcement thread/post
@Codeman @Jormi_Boced @DrLivingston I couldn't find any of your map threads. Codeman, you wouldn't happen to have the build instructions for Annihilation Ally? DrLivgston, the same goes for you for Molton Ground.

The links are dead for @Geosmores maps tread and his maps on the Gencon 2007 post. He hasn't been on since 2007, so the built instructions are most likely lost to history. You can still take a look at the old 07 maps that I couldn't find on this video Heroscapers.com@Gencon'07

It should also be noted that Scape 2021 used updated versions of Honor, The Jabberwock, Turmoil, and Forest Fire. The link to the map pool announcement has the updated versions, but their respective map threads still have the old versions.
Old August 24th, 2021, 01:36 AM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen/Scapecon Map Pool History

Cool resource!

Have you considered including OnlineCon 2020 maps? I know the organizing for that was run by a different crew and so it’s not a 1:1 comparison.
Old August 31st, 2021, 07:44 PM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I never had a map thread. What event are you wondering about?

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old August 31st, 2021, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
I never had a map thread. What event are you wondering about?
Your map Molton Ground was used for Gencon 2007, and I can find a record of it anywhere on the site. I doubt you still have files on it, but it's worth a shot.
Old September 2nd, 2021, 09:09 AM
Super Doopa

DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness DrLivingston wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Huh. Didn't even remember that they used a map of mine for that, lol. I'll dig around and see what I can find.

Doopa is Polish for awesome.
Old June 12th, 2023, 11:40 PM

Re: Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History

The Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History has been updated for 2023.

Old August 3rd, 2023, 11:11 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Gen/ScapeCon Map Pool History

Great resource list!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > ScapeCon