Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old April 25th, 2022, 03:56 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

That’s entirely fair, but I think the drama of rolling a bunch of dice is better than just one d20. YMMV of course.
Old April 25th, 2022, 04:07 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think adding 6 dice is just too many. Try 3 or 4 instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 25th, 2022, 04:40 PM

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

4 is possible I think. That’s still 7 attack, which would probably still hit goal.

It’s also worth mentioning I had meant to title that ability “Utgar’s Black Bullet” to make it clear it was a magical bullet given to him by Utgar a la Drake’s katana.
Old April 25th, 2022, 06:20 PM
Night of the Living Plastic

Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun Leaf_It is a penguin with a machine gun

I like this design.

I agree with Scytale that "Ace in the Hole" doesn't really fit the theme of what the ability does. "Ace in the Hole" sounds like it fits the theme of what "Black Bullet" does better.

I don't mind Black Bullet being so potentially devastating, because it is just a once per game ability. But I also hate the Witherwood Bolt ability, so anything that's more consistently impactful than that is going to appeal to me.
Old April 25th, 2022, 06:45 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
That’s entirely fair, but I think the drama of rolling a bunch of dice is better than just one d20. YMMV of course.
I agree, but the implications are far, far greater than just the feel. Bolt is a chance of a kill. If it fails, nothing happens. All or nothing. +dice is completely different in that it's not a hit-or-miss, it's a sliding bonus. Each dice added is another potential wound. Q9 with 3 wounds is quite different than a Q9 with no wounds. +6 dice is vastly better than Bolt, because even if the chance of insta-killing a hero is the same, +6 dice will almost certainly tack on damage even if it doesn't score a kill.
Old April 25th, 2022, 07:00 PM

Would 4 dice be more acceptable for one time per game power?
Old April 25th, 2022, 07:30 PM

Here's some ideas Leaf_It came up with as a renamed AitH power.

"Underhanded Tactics"
"When They Least Expect It"
"When You Least Expect It"
"Everyone Has a Role to Play"
"All Part of the Plan"
"Secret Dealings"
"Underhanded Dealings"
"Moment of Opportunity"
"Ain't Nothin' We Can't Handle"
Old April 25th, 2022, 09:51 PM

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Would 4 dice be more acceptable for one time per game power?
I would do 3, as it's combined with normal attack with range and likely height. But I wouldn't downvote 4.
Old April 25th, 2022, 10:00 PM

Quote:

"Underhanded Tactics"
"All Part of the Plan"
"Secret Dealings"
"Underhanded Dealings"
"Moment of Opportunity"
Feels like trying to hard to be clever. Snazzy names are ok from time to time, but mostly I think they make poor power names. I would prefer something straightforward, like Gang Leader.
Old April 25th, 2022, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
Quote:

"Underhanded Tactics"
"All Part of the Plan"
"Secret Dealings"
"Underhanded Dealings"
"Moment of Opportunity"
Feels like trying to hard to be clever. Snazzy names are ok from time to time, but mostly I think they make poor power names. I would prefer something straightforward, like Gang Leader.
I don't want to step on future design space that much. "Outlaw Gang Leader"?
Old April 25th, 2022, 10:29 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Sounds like "Dry Gulcher" to me (which is old west slang for an ambusher).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old April 25th, 2022, 10:48 PM

I do like that. Old West slang is good for this. "Desperado" could work too.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards