Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old January 31st, 2010, 12:31 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

So we ended up getting in a couple games of Cave Troll (realized FFG gave me the wrong figs for the red team but are already working on fixing that.) Two games of Drakon. Two games of Summoner Wars and still had time to play with Space Station Omega.
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:33 AM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

The Vancouver Cannucks are playing Settlers of Catan.

TORONTO -- Just one flight into their 14-game, 42-day odyssey away from home that will clear GM Place for the 2010 Olympics, the Vancouver Canucks have a divisive element among them.

Fortunately for coach Alain Vigneault, the board game"Settlers of Catan" -- introduced by Kyle Wellwood and Darcy Hordichuk to, among others, all-star goalie Roberto Luongo and sniper Daniel Sedin -- is not likely to create deep fissures in team unity.

"It's a thinking game," Hordichuk said following a Saturday morning skate at the Air Canada Centre, where the Canucks would take on the Maple Leafs later at night."So they weren't surprised Wellwood won."

Not surprisingly, a smiling Luongo offered a slightly different take.

"They introduced me to that on the last flight, but I think they were just trying to trick me into giving some sort of bribe or something," he said."They cheated. Maybe if I knew what the game was, that would help me out a little bit."
Old January 31st, 2010, 02:48 AM

Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness Jormi_Boced wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Played a couple games of Warhammer today.
Old January 31st, 2010, 04:12 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Just got done gaming with Tiny Timmy and Wisp tonight. We played -

Thunderstone x 3
Talisman

Also played 2 games of Dominion earlier today with the Mrs.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 31st, 2010, 12:56 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

FINALLY got Gloria Mundi yesterday (thanks Onacara) and played one game with DeceitfulBeauty.

There were a couple rules that weren't spelled out too clearly in the rulebook, so I went to BGG.com to clear them up. After that, the game was TONS of fun.

She ended up winning at the last second by being 2 steps further away from Rome than I was (I was exactly halfway to Africa when the Goth reached Rome). I had gotten an early lead and stayed a couple steps ahead pretty much the whole game, but about midway through she developed a monopoly on cities which sent her resource production off the charts for a while. She was eventually able to produce glory and buy the last glory card (the first two passed by very early in the game), moving her ahead for the win (had she tied me, I would've won by ONE resource!).

Overall a very fun game that I can't wait to play again and would like to try with more people (up to 6).

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old January 31st, 2010, 06:31 PM
Assuming the Missionary Position

Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby! Drumline3469 rolls all skulls baby!

Need help picking some games for tonight. Anything I haven't rated I haven't played. Anything that is rated I have access too and have played.

My Collection

Drumline3469 is Doc Brown...
aboard <<<Oblivion>>> ...
Old January 31st, 2010, 07:05 PM
Doesn't need a special title anymore

Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness Elstree wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Bunjee and I are visiting some board gaming friends of ours this weekend. So far I've played:

Galaxy Trucker
Metropolys
Risk
Beowulf: The Legend
Battlestar Galactica
6Nimmt
Pitch Car
Agricola
Dominion Seaside
Castle Panic

I'm sure I'm forgetting something. Oh, and a whole lot of RockBand.
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:40 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Played a few more games today -

Thunderstone
Talisman
Rack-O x 3
Probe

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G
Old January 31st, 2010, 09:45 PM
Adrian Monk

1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth 1Mmirg is a man of the cloth

Today we squeezed in Dominion and a couple of rooms of the D&D Campaign. Good times!
Old February 1st, 2010, 12:18 AM

Jakall is surprisingly tart

Four games of Dominion, three games of Ticket to Ride Card Game.
Old February 1st, 2010, 03:22 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker

A couple of pages and a couple of days back, I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
Hey guys,

Anyone willing or able to help restore my game collection, please go here: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=28690

I am offering some b-grade games in exchange.

Thanks.
What I meant was, I had a 2 alarm house fire on New Year's Day, and I need some HeroScape stuff to reclaim my full collection. Details are in the link, but my main concerns are wave 9, the Large hero packs, and FlagBearer army cards. I have everything else, and can get the rest of the army cards from nearby friends.

Also, I can offer a copy of Masons and/or Dragon Riders in exchange for any of the games on my list of destroyed Euro and Ameritrash games. A local discount chain has several cases of these two titles.

Just making sure you all saw the link. The response to my tragedy has been underwhelming, to say the least, especially in light of all the "what a great community" type comments people are making all the time. Seems to me any community that calls itself great would not all but ignore the plight of it's most unfortunate members.

But then again, America calls itself great and we have homeless people out the whazoo. But then again, many are there by choice. Some aren't, such as yours truly, though. So...there you go.

Under the Overpass,

Soberman

EDIT: I want to clarify a few things. I do think America is great. I think HeroScapers is great too. I simply think sometimes people fall through the cracks in any society, even the great ones, which should give them pause for thought.

Regardless of that, anybody is welcome to drop by my other thread and just say "hey". You don't have to visit the link exclusively to help me get games back. That would be nice, but it isn't even an immediate concern for me right now. (Think about it, I don't have a fixed address.) I was hoping someone here might have some extra army cards or figures, but I also wanted to share my story with a community of like-minded people who might understand the importance of a game collection to a gamer, whereas other people wouldn't.

Thanks for listening.

now playing: hotel muzak
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:16 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

FITS last night. Hadn't played it since Christmas day when we got it, then was reminded we had it while listening to TheDiceTower.com best/worst of 2009 podcast and many of the guests mentioned it in a positive light.

It's Tetris with a couple twists, and an easy game to play with your kids since even though you're going for the highest score each round, you're really just playing against yourself.

-insert signature here-

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games