Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Notices

Old December 31st, 2009, 08:43 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!
2010 Board Game Resolution

Alright, time for new years' resolutions.

Resolved: I won't be buying new board games in 2010, but will instead simply play the pile that I already own and play too infrequently already.

I have so many good games that I've only played once, and a few I have yet to play.

I suspect there are some others out there who need to join in this resolution. Anyone else willing to sign up with me?

Caveats

Of course, this resolution doesn't include buying new Heroscape expansions, since Heroscape is not a game, but more of a lifestyle.

It also doesn't include Runewars, which I WOULD have bought in 2009 if they had it from the printers in time. You may insert the game of your choice that you were already intending to buy. Think of it as your 2010 mulligan.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255

Last edited by Pilgrim; December 31st, 2009 at 08:53 PM.
Old December 31st, 2009, 08:51 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: 2010 Board Game Resolution

Resolution(s): Get more of the common squads I already have.

Get the DnD set.

Make more customs.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old December 31st, 2009, 08:52 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby! Pilgrim rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Resolution(s): Get more of the common squads I already have.

Get the DnD set.

Make more customs.
That would all be permissible behavior under the no-new-board game resolution I've outlined above.

Good trades: Hogg, Grimfang, Onacara, Sleightofhand, 'Scaper94, orec, Snappleman, R˙chean, lefton4ya, odbo255
Old December 31st, 2009, 08:57 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I unfortunately own almost no board games of consequence, and so resolve to buy more.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:41 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Happy New Year everyone!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:04 PM

Jakall is surprisingly tart

Its good I didn't make this resolution. My family got about a dozen new board games for Christmas including Agricola, Domain, Ticket to Ride Europe and Marklin and several others.

I then walked into the mall last Saturday and found that the comic store was having a clearance sale at 80% off. They had a table full of board and card games. I bought six immediately and then took my wife and son back on Sunday and we bought 15 more. I am trying to resist the urge to go back and see if the three or four more that looked interesting are still there.

My order of master set #3 is due on Thursday, so I will have to find time to fit that in as well.

I think my resolution should be to learn to play all the games that we just got as well as the many others that are sitting on our shelf unopened. We were doing great until discovering Heroscape a little less than two years ago.
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I think I'll stick with lowering the number of games on my "owned but unplayed" list.

No new games?!? *shudder*

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old January 5th, 2010, 03:55 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Pilgrim almost had me convinced to join him in this resolution the other night, especially since my game collection went from just 40K and Scape, to about +12 new games in a span of about six months. A pittance to the gaming world verterans around there, but for me it's just another confirmation that once I delve into something, I delve all in.

But what I do resolve to do this year is to actually get to bed at a resonable hour during the week. Ever since I can remeber I've always been a 'night owl' ususaly staying up until 2-3am, even when I have to be up for work at 6am.

The kiddies coming along have forced me to adjust (actually my body forced me to adjust) and the latest now is usually 12-1am. But that is still too late and is taking its toll, especially when I try to go to the gym in the afternoon and have zero energy for it.

So, all that nonsense said, I resolve to get a solid 6-7 hours of sleep per night during the week.*

*unless it's game night

-insert signature here-
Old January 5th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Resolved: I won't be buying new board games in 2010, but will instead simply play the pile that I already own and play too infrequently already.
You know, I probably should go all-in and say no new boardgames, but I know that's a resolution I won't keep.* This one I think I could do.

*Or I'd just cheat and get cardgames . . . . .

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Baron of Beantown IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakall View Post
Its good I didn't make this resolution. My family got about a dozen new board games for Christmas including Agricola, Domain, Ticket to Ride Europe and Marklin and several others.

I then walked into the mall last Saturday and found that the comic store was having a clearance sale at 80% off. They had a table full of board and card games. I bought six immediately and then took my wife and son back on Sunday and we bought 15 more. I am trying to resist the urge to go back and see if the three or four more that looked interesting are still there.

My order of master set #3 is due on Thursday, so I will have to find time to fit that in as well.

I think my resolution should be to learn to play all the games that we just got as well as the many others that are sitting on our shelf unopened. We were doing great until discovering Heroscape a little less than two years ago.
It sounds like you're making the same resolution as I am. You just managed to squeak in some killer deals right before making the resolution

Old January 5th, 2010, 06:12 PM

Gabbi is surprisingly tart

No way I'll stick with this. First of all, the games has to been purchased. Then, you have to read the rules, handle components, andicipating the pleasure and fun you'll get by playing them. Then, you look at them at night, before lying down, checking they're stacked properly, there's no dust on them, caressing your most beloved ones, or the latest buys.
Then, if you have time, you can play them, but this is a totally optional point.
So, more games for me in 2010, thanks!

Disclaimer: ofcourse, how much seriously you'll take this whole post is totally up to you.
Old January 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM

Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Codeman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Instead

I hope to still buy a new game or two in 2010 ..... but I should try to play the ones I already have more often ( this sounds like a better solution )

Tree Town Open

Austi-Con / Austin MN
Saturday - October , 2023

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games