Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old August 23rd, 2018, 07:46 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios: New Map 8/23/18

This is GORGEOUS! I wanna go build this right now! (Initial thoughts, though I might pick it apart later)

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 23rd, 2018, 08:17 PM
Frank Lloyd Wright of Scape

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
I like this one a lot! Plus it's got a rednax flavor to it, which is cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
This is GORGEOUS! I wanna go build this right now! (Initial thoughts, though I might pick it apart later)
Thanks to both of you!
And feel free to pick away @Sir Heroscape . I think my maps become much better when you and others do. I have only playtested this one twice, so I wouldn't be surprised if it needed a few tweaks. But I really like it overall.

Maps | OHS Maps | Customs
"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old August 24th, 2018, 01:10 AM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
I feel very honored that my maps have such a distinctive quality. Do you think I can copyright the shape of a hexagon?

All kidding aside, this is a beautiful map. For one, it actually looks like the title. I feel like "Royal Garden" is a hard thing to create visually, but this map nails it.

It does look a little choke-pointy in places, but perhaps it plays more open than it appears. One other suggestion I want to offer is purely a logistical one, but I'd recommend substituting the level-4 single-hex grass pairs with two of the level-1 double-hex grass pieces. In my experience, loose single-hex pieces are a little unstable and can get knocked around easily. My preference would be to have a double-hex grass in its place, so there's less chance of it being knocked over.
Old August 24th, 2018, 03:46 PM

Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Flash_19 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednax View Post
Quote:
I feel very honored that my maps have such a distinctive quality. Do you think I can copyright the shape of a hexagon?

All kidding aside, this is a beautiful map. For one, it actually looks like the title. I feel like "Royal Garden" is a hard thing to create visually, but this map nails it.

It does look a little choke-pointy in places, but perhaps it plays more open than it appears. One other suggestion I want to offer is purely a logistical one, but I'd recommend substituting the level-4 single-hex grass pairs with two of the level-1 double-hex grass pieces. In my experience, loose single-hex pieces are a little unstable and can get knocked around easily. My preference would be to have a double-hex grass in its place, so there's less chance of it being knocked over.
Thanks for your thoughts rednax! I love your double hex suggestion. That's a great idea. And yeah, there are a few choke points - that's definitely something I'm going to watch on future games. They weren't a problem on the games I have played, but that doesn't mean they might not need some tweaking - though hopefully that'll just be limited to battlement placement more than anything.

"I think you're absolutely correct in your logic and reasoning and couldn't agree more." ~BiggaBullfrog

Old September 5th, 2018, 04:38 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I really like the feel of all of your maps Flash. A lot of them sit well with me on first glance. I never really play multiplayer but your 3-player maps are really nice and might inspire me to give it a shot.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old September 5th, 2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scapemage View Post
I really like the feel of all of your maps Flash. A lot of them sit well with me on first glance. I never really play multiplayer but your 3-player maps are really nice and might inspire me to give it a shot.
Thank you very much! I always appreciate hearing people's thoughts and feedback on my maps. Please feel free if you play on any of them to make any suggestions for improvement you might have!

I should be getting another one up here soon. . .

Old September 12th, 2018, 07:00 PM

Here is the newest creation!

Solitude:
Requires 1 RotV, 1 FoA, 1 TT

Old September 12th, 2018, 08:31 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_19 View Post
Here is the newest creation!

Solitude:
Requires 1 RotV, 1 FoA, 1 TT
You never seem to disappoint. Well done!

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old September 12th, 2018, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
You never seem to disappoint. Well done!
Aww man - now the pressure is REALLY on! I'm gunna be sweating bullets everytime I post a new map now.

Thanks for the nice words!

Old September 19th, 2018, 10:02 PM

Re: Flash_19's Maps & Scenarios: New Map 9/12/18!

So... I feel like I need to explain how this map came into being. I was having a 'Scape night with some buddies, but we hadn't decided what kind of format we wanted to play - if we wanted to do one on one battles, or have a big team battle. So, I was scrambling to build maps last second after we decided what to do. While I was building, I had the thought, "wouldn't it be nice to have a map that could be broken up if you wanted, or combined together to play big battles on?" And I set to work on this. So, it is designed so that one on one games can be played on either side, or the two sides can be built together (or slid together) if you want to do a big team battle or even just a really big one on one. Let me know what you think!

Each side uses its own RotV and expansion, but the castle and forest expansions are split between the two maps.

Juxtaposed:
Requires 2x RotV, 1x FoA, 1x RttFF, 1x VW, 1x TT

P.S. I have also updated Road Through Durgeth Swamps after a balance issue was brought to my attention. I adjusted the sides so that the glyphs could be lowered a level. I think that will help the balance of the map quite a bit. Here's the update:
Spoiler Alert!

Old September 19th, 2018, 10:03 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

Yo @Xotli this would be a cool map pair for our tournament.
Old September 20th, 2018, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Yo @Xotli this would be a cool map pair for our tournament.
Thanks for checking it out! You by any chance know of any other map pairs like this one? I seem to recall seeing a mention in someone's thread about wanting to make some map pairs like this, but I don't ever recall seeing any...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios