Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

View Poll Results: Should Marvel be Allowed at GenCon MainE Event?
Yes, all Scape products should vs viable options. Banning Marvel is equivalent to banning Q9 28 32.18%
Yes, the more tactical choices the better and it will lead to more varied army builds 16 18.39%
No, theme and storyline are important to me and the two Universe's do not belong together 33 37.93%
No, desigining a good army is tough enough without adding even more high cost Heroes to worry about 10 11.49%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:06 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker
Should Marvel be allowed in the GenCon Main Event

The purpose of this thread is to get a general persepctive on Marvel units and their potential use at GenCon in future years

Last edited by Devil's Advocate; June 22nd, 2009 at 09:13 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:08 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Shoulf Marvel be allowed in the GenCon Main Event

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
The purpose of this thread is to get a general persepctive on Marvel units and their potential use at GenCon in future years
1) Correct the spelling in your title.
2) Individual Tournament Directors decide what to allow/disallow in their Tournaments.
3) As long as R˙chean and are in charge, I don't see it changing, and that is their prerogative.
4) This has been discussed.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:09 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

I did not see a previous poll, could you direct me as to the previous poll results?
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:11 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it would be better just to have "yes" and "no" as options and have people explain why in a post. Personally, I think Marvel changes the strategy and game dynamics enough that it would be best left in special events. The official word on combining Marvel and Classic is that though they could be mixed, they are best left separate. What would be a better use of the marvel figures would be to have a different marvel main event for just marvel figures. That way you don't encounter the problems of mixing them.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
I think it would be better just to have "yes" and "no" as options and have people explain why in a post. Personally, I think Marvel changes the strategy and game dynamics enough that it would be best left in special events. The official word on combining Marvel and Classic is that though they could be mixed, they are best left separate. What would be a better use of the marvel figures would be to have a different marvel main event for just marvel figures. That way you don't encounter the problems of mixing them.
They did that last year and my understanding is that it wasn't a huge success.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:17 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Good idea.
On a side note - when comparing The Hulk to Krug in casual play. I've seen Krug win 4 out 5 times. Regardless of order markers. Using double attack Krug seems to take enough damage to deal it back faster than Hulk can manage. I find it really amusing to see a 120pt favorite of mine take out a squadkiller with stats so ridiculous that he is illegal in most popular formats.

In terms of gencon though, it seems synergy is the way to go. Captain America with 10th foot or 4th mass or any soldier army variant is a fairly solid way to get multiple attacks use a marvel hero and still maintain enough points to play a reasonable army.

- wow that was some quick post that happened while I was typing.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:17 PM
has been BANNED

Ironically banning Marvel in many tournaments could help to hinder Heroscape's success financially. Even if you believe the 2 Universe's are separate they are made by the same company and for newer players spending money on pieces that you often will not be allowed to use with other people is not attractive and could prevent a sale
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Silly Kid

arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness arp12 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arp12 View Post
They did that last year and my understanding is that it wasn't a huge success.
Here are the descriptions from last year. They didn't do an all-Marvel tourney, it was Power of One. I would like for there to be an only Marvel tournament, but unfortunately there isn't enough variety of figures for it to be interesting..
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:32 PM
has been BANNED

The lack of theme argument always surprises me. Instead of being Marvel imagine instead that these 10 figures were released as Wave 6.5 or whatever and were named Q11-Q20 with the costs and powers identical. In this scenario nobody would ban these figures since they were Official Heroscape pieces. Seems sorta weird to ban a piece because of its name
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:36 PM

Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker Melwing17 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
The lack of theme argument always surprises me. Instead of being Marvel imagine instead that these 10 figures were released as Wave 6.5 or whatever and were named Q11-Q20 with the costs and powers identical. In this scenario nobody would ban these figures since they were Official Heroscape pieces. Seems sorta weird to ban a piece because of its name
I sort of feel the same way.

However, I fully realize that I am not a competitive player. I've been to one tournament and got stomped pretty well. The only other game I won was against another tournament nooby, and I won only becuase I managed to get Q10 on height, with jungle brush, with Raelin. I play exclusively for fun, and usually by myself with completely random armies that are just visually interesting. I have very limited knowledge of competitive strategy and the like, especially in a tournament setting.

My point is that my vote doesn't count for much, but I voted for including Marvel.

I'm selling a bunch of Heroscape stuff to pay for personal emergencies, please see my trade thread post: http://www.heroscapers.com/community...postcount=6803
Old June 22nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
has been BANNED

Most Marvel piecies would get slaughtered by a legitimately good Tournament Army. Imagine Hulk vs a Glad Blast army, it would be over in like 1 Round. Maybe Venom and Captain America would see some play but that is probably it. Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, and Iron Man might see an occasional player but I think there are better alternatives
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:20 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Fevil's Afvocate, fif you fouble-check your spelling before you postef?

If not, you fefinately shoulf.

~Spiteofthefice
Closed Thread

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion