Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 19th, 2013, 01:33 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: johnny139's Classic Customs - DCM Firbolg Skeleton (4/18

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Yeah, I think going with the bonding option would probably be the best option... I like the aesthetic of the power text I have right now, but it does interact with turns poorly.

As for pricing, I'm aiming more for the point range than the powerset. I'd probably up them to 6 Attack, maybe 4 Life? I'd like to go 115 or 125 (since those are 5-ending unused power points).
Something like that.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 20th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Alright, Unhallowed Titan V2:

This one draws pretty heavily on Ulginesh for the double bonding, which I'm happy with. Not quite as certain on the second half... I think it's implied that the opposite is also true, but I can see someone rules-lawyering it. Any thoughts on how to tighten it up?

We've got shots of the painted Mermaid... I might update my card with them, but since mine's going to be blue, I might just wait on it.
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: johnny139's Classic Customs - DCM Firbolg Skeleton (4/20

The new wording is not very clear. I would replace the last sentence with something like "During these turns, both Unhallowed Titans must either (not?) move, or (not?) attack."

--
--
--

--
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

How does this feel?

WARBAND
Instead of taking a turn with this Unhallowed Titan, you may take a turn with up to 2 Unhallowed Titans you control. This Unhallowed Titan must be one of the 2 Unhallowed Titans. The Unhallowed Titans either cannot move or cannot attack during these turns.
Old April 21st, 2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
How does this feel?

WARBAND
Instead of taking a turn with this Unhallowed Titan, you may take a turn with up to 2 Unhallowed Titans you control. This Unhallowed Titan must be one of the 2 Unhallowed Titans. The Unhallowed Titans either cannot move or cannot attack during these turns.
That should work, but you need the part about revealing an order marker in the beginning there or you can endlessly chain it.

--
--
--

--
Old April 21st, 2013, 11:32 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Yup, good point - here's the final alpha version of the Firbolg Skeleton!

Now to get to testing...
Old April 22nd, 2013, 05:59 AM

bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker bacchus knows what's in an order marker
Re: johnny139's Classic Customs - DCM Firbolg Skeleton (4/21

I like the power this (these) guys represent, and that they force both yourself and your opponent to make interesting decisions. Two attacks of 6 plus the opportunity to Cleave is pretty good... A good opponent should try and keep guys out of engagement with 2 or more at a time, but that won't always be possible.

I'm not an experienced player by any means, but I'm wondering what I'd put them with. 3 plus Raelin and some special attack ranged support? (the only thing that comes to mind to make up to 500 points is James Murphy or a couple of Wyrmlings). Is 2 a better number? Is 4 figures overkill? I really like the way how this guy doesn't seem to scream out for a particular build and would differ a lot depending on how many you want to invest in.

Have you thought about what army build you are going to test them with?
Old April 22nd, 2013, 03:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

I feel like - in a pair - the Unhallowed Titans would perform a lot like Jotun, only split in two.

Part of me wants to go big, starting with a Dragon (or possibly Wyrmlings, like you said, though I actually don't have any of them so that'd be a bit tough to manage) to break the enemy lines, then sending out the Skeletons as a second wave trending toward cleanup. I think Cleave is well-suited for that, and the utility of two huge attacks in two different places really takes advantage of a broken line. So maybe...

Zelrig (185)
Unhallowed Titan x2 (415)
Raelin OR Deathreavers x2 (495)

That's probably what I'd go with... but that's with two. You could probably do three Titans and a smaller "breaker" (like you mentioned, James Murphy comes to mind) or even give a full band of four + filler (Siiv?). Lots of options, should be fun.

EDIT: Actually, working off of the newest addition to the VC family...

Brimstone (150)
Greenscale Warriors x2 (270)
Unhallowed Titan x2 (500)

Titans on cleanup, naturally... man, I feel like they're suited for cleanup, but I might be barking up the wrong tree there, and they'd be better breakers. I dunno, testing will tell.

Last edited by johnny139; April 22nd, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Quote:
UNHALLOWED TITAN

Firbolg Skeleton from Dungeon Crawler Fantasy Miniatures [Double-Spaced]

I wanted a way to use my eventually-will-arrive Firbolg Skeletons - in their two different colors - in a way that encourages pairing them up, which would help keep them straight on the battlefield. So I came up with Warband, which lets Uncommon Heroes work in pairs... I'm afraid I'm missing some major mechanical loophole in my wording, though. I'm too used to C3G's language.

Cleave is essentially thematic (I mean LOOK at that sword!), but also helps give them better squad-eliminating power, which is always something I like to see.
Missing an 'r' in 'Order Marker'

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

Not anymore.

(Many thanks.)
Old May 7th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Keema
I like the overall design, though on a map without water she may be difficult to get rolling. Really strong on a swamp map with a lot of swamp water though; maybe too strong. Is there a reason Call the Seas only puts water on the space if the figure is destroyed? If she destroyed a double-spaced figure, which space gets the water tile?

Unhallowed Titan
Cool unit name. Cool design too; I'm always a fan of uncommons that have synergy with more copies of itself, an unmined design space. Hard for me to tell if the price is about right without playtesting; fairly close I think. Question about Warband: if one Titan does not move during its turn, can the other Titan move but not attack? Or do they have to do the same?

Toma Maat
I love that you made him a Tribesman. A couple of useful abilities, terrain-dependent, but not much attacking power. A decent option for the Mohicans, and not a terrible bit of filler on a swamp map.

Lt. Scott Weaver
The overall design feels like a mismatching theme to me. The look of the figure and the Auto Nail Gun suggest a construction robot, but the Lt. title and the Mercenary class suggest a mercenary soldier. I think the design would be tighter if you focus the design on one side or the other. Other than theme, solid design here. Slow but some solid offensive output potential. Pilot's Cockpit is an interesting, clever power with lots of theme and both good and bad potential.
Old May 8th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

My plan for the Titans was that their choice would have to be the same - either they both move or they both attack, it can't be one moving and one attacking. Any ideas on how to make that clearer in the text?

For Keema, I suppose it's purely mechanical - I don't want it to be TOO easy for her to get water out there, and it seems aesthetically most reasonable to require the destruction of the figure as far as board state goes. You'd probably get to choose which space for a double-spaced unit... maybe I'll update it to "a space the figure occupied."

Weaver is supposed to be a merc using a modified construction exo-suit... picture Ripley from Aliens in the powerlifter. I couldn't think of a good excuse to get a non-combat concept like the suit onto Valhalla without putting a warrior of some kind inside, and it seemed too non-standard for any sort of real soldier, so gun-for-hire using modded suit was my excuse.

I get that that'd be pretty muddled if you don't know my exact thought process, though! Maybe something worth fiddling with.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards