Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old January 19th, 2013, 01:28 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 4-15

Hey all, I've decided to start up a new custom card thread.

My old card thread was... well old and cluttered and has a lot of old designs that I'm not really happy with. By starting fresh I get to preserve my old thread for posterity while slowly moving designs over here once they are up to par.

Anyway, Le Cards de Custom avec Soundwarp

-----
Current Card(s)
-----

Wandering Wizard
Homeworld: Grymwold
Synergy:
-
Notes:
-Figure is a modified Mage Knight figure (name unknown)
-Single Based
-Text for Gift of Magic: Start the game with 4 Mana Markers on this card. At the end of each round, if there are less than 4 Mana Markers on this card, you may place a Mana Marker on this card.

-----
Jandar (13)
-----

Spoiler Alert!

-----
Ullar (12)
-----

Spoiler Alert!

-----
Vydar (7)
-----
Spoiler Alert!

-----
Eniar (8 )
-----
Spoiler Alert!

-----
Aquilla (13)
-----

Spoiler Alert!

-----
Utgar (19)
-----

Spoiler Alert!

-----
Marro (17)
-----
Spoiler Alert!

---
CUSTOM GENERALS
---

---
Volthrax (1)
---
Spoiler Alert!

---
Ozirael (1)
---

Spoiler Alert!

---
Freyja (1)
---
Spoiler Alert!

---
Sigyn (1)
---

Spoiler Alert!

Xenothea (1)
Spoiler Alert!

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by Soundwarp SG-1; April 16th, 2015 at 12:05 AM.
Old January 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM

samthegoat knows what's in an order marker samthegoat knows what's in an order marker
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0

These seem really cool! I especially like the spirit king one! Although you forgot to add the '1-5 nothing happens' bit, but other than that, he looks really interesting to play with, as that power is quite a bit different to the other turn taking ones on mind flayer, doctor doom and others.
Samthegoat
Old January 19th, 2013, 10:13 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by samthegoat View Post
These seem really cool! I especially like the spirit king one! Although you forgot to add the '1-5 nothing happens' bit, but other than that, he looks really interesting to play with, as that power is quite a bit different to the other turn taking ones on mind flayer, doctor doom and others.
Samthegoat
Thanks!

Actually, I left the 'nothing happens' part out on purpose. Mostly to save space, but partly because I was worried it could be misinterpreted as canceling out Oberex's turn. I don't know, I guess I could fit it in, but I'm not entirely sure it is needed.

In other news, I uploaded a new card: The Slaves of Sudema

Basically, they're designed to be a screen/support for Sudema.

My Etsy Store
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:39 AM

JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness JC McMinis wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 1-19

Like the Sudema's Slaves. Nice work. I have to steal them and change them to Valkrill to go with my custom Sudema and her guards and priests.
Old January 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The slaves seem pretty overpowered.
1) They buff braxas, who doesn't need any help.
2) With just three, Dund has a 40% chance of wiping your opponent for a whole round.
Just a little nitpicks here and there, overall a very thematic unit. Maybe make the bonus max +1?

Mimring>Krug. 'Nuff said.
Old January 20th, 2013, 03:31 PM
A cool title

shafizele is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
2) With just three, Dund has a 40% chance of wiping your opponent for a whole round.
Just a little nitpicks here and there, overall a very thematic unit. Maybe make the bonus max +1?
I don't know if they are OP. They are pretty slow and with no synergy or bonding that I can think of (other then their d20 buff obviously), OM management would be tough with these guys. I would put these guys as underpowered, it seems they would get eaten up before you can sneak an OM on the hero you want to buff. That's my

Whatever you do, DO NOT read this, it's completely pointless.
Old January 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness Arrow Grut wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafizele View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow Grut View Post
I don't know if they are OP. They are pretty slow and with no synergy or bonding that I can think of (other then their d20 buff obviously), OM management would be tough with these guys. I would put these guys as underpowered, it seems they would get eaten up before you can sneak an OM on the hero you want to buff. That's my
I don't know, I just don't like how there power is infinitely stacking, especially for a 20d roll. Sure, it might be hard to set up, but if I got 6 next to Dund, I could wipe your order makers with relability every turn. I see where your coming from, and I know it's a big "what if", but I think it's a legitamite concern.

Old January 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth
Re: Soundwarp's Custom Cards 2.0 Update 1-21

I.J.D. Drones

I like the concept. I'd love to see pics of these little buggers on the battlefield alongside their Soulborg allies. Is the synergy with Eltahale intentional?

Obrex the Spirit King

Yikes. Terrifying guy to armies other than mass commons. High price tag to match though. It's an interesting way to make armies of Uniques viable. The more I think about it, the more I like the concept. How well does he play?

Slaves of Sudema

Neat way of creating synergy. As a squad they are pretty crappy, but the boost is worthwhile (though I fear they are too slow to make it useable). So they need a d20 hero to make their points worth. I suspect a black wyrmling + mummies army would be their best, though they would need to shore up their weakness against large/huge somehow. Grim Resolve is a great power; I may steal that one sometime.

Hattori Hajime
Is the name a vague reference to the well-known historical figure Hattori Hanzo?

Naginata Strike is an interesting twist on Engagement Strike. I wonder how well he would play alongside Air Elementals. Naginata Counterstrike seems a little odd to me, though. You give him Reach of a sort, but limit the height difference. The odd result is that he can't counterstrike figures attacking at range 1 from three levels down or three levels up, where Counter Strike normally would.

Herok

As mentioned in my thread, your charge ability is similar to mine, though it's also quite different. One oddity with yours happens when Herok dies while charging, whether from falling damage, lava, or large/huge engagement strikes. Special powers disappear when the unit dies, so you would not roll for the figures he trampled through. Still, game not simulation; it works well and I can't think of any problems with it. Charging Strike seems unnecessary; the unit is interesting enough with Trampling Charge. But it is flavorful and useful.

Gra-Vro-Sa

A pretty good warlord for the Groks to pick. And actually a good warlord for the Romans to bond with too; GVS provides a useful (possibly) multi-attack ranged special attack. Cool mod too.
Old January 21st, 2013, 09:34 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Wow, thanks for taking the time to review all of my cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
I.J.D. Drones

I like the concept. I'd love to see pics of these little buggers on the battlefield alongside their Soulborg allies. Is the synergy with Eltahale intentional?
I'll have to take some pics of them on a map sometime. I do have one pic of them with Warden 816, they’re just on my plain photo background though.

Honestly I totally forgot about Eltahale being a Warden. I don't think they’re an overpowering combo, though they are a little weird thematically. I’d prefer to keep their bonding as general a possible though, helps to build up the ‘Guard/Warden’ cross factional theme.

Quote:
Obrex the Spirit King

Yikes. Terrifying guy to armies other than mass commons. High price tag to match though. It's an interesting way to make armies of Uniques viable. The more I think about it, the more I like the concept. How well does he play?
I haven’t had a chance to playtest him yet, but I think he should do pretty well with the right army. He would go best with unique squads I suppose, takes out some of the OM efficiency issues once the squads take casualties.

Quote:
Slaves of Sudema

Neat way of creating synergy. As a squad they are pretty crappy, but the boost is worthwhile (though I fear they are too slow to make it useable).
I might bump their move up to 5, so far in playtesting they haven’t done much of anything.

Quote:
So they need a d20 hero to make their points worth. I suspect a black wyrmling + mummies army would be their best, though they would need to shore up their weakness against large/huge somehow.
Something like

Black Wyrmling X6
Slaves of Sudema X3
Sudema

Might be a fun army to try, Sudema at least sort of serves a purpose there as a large/huge killer.

Quote:
Grim Resolve is a great power; I may steal that one sometime.
Feel free to steal away! I'm quite happy with Grim Resolve, it makes a nice cheaper alternative to the standard Tough set up.

Quote:
Hattori Hajime
Is the name a vague reference to the well-known historical figure Hattori Hanzo?
Yup. I'm pretty sure I took 'Hajime' from someone too, though I don't remember who exactly. Not really sure if the name is really a proper Japanese name, but I like how it looks.

Quote:
Naginata Strike is an interesting twist on Engagement Strike. I wonder how well he would play alongside Air Elementals.
Ouch, yeah that could be a nasty combo. I might have to test them to make sure it's not unbalanced against pure melee armies.

Quote:
Naginata Counterstrike seems a little odd to me, though. You give him Reach of a sort, but limit the height difference. The odd result is that he can't counterstrike figures attacking at range 1 from three levels down or three levels up, where Counter Strike normally would.
Hmm, that's not how it's supposed to work. The idea was to extend his reach 2 levels past his height and 2 levels lower than his base. I thought that’s how the wording works.

“If the attacking figure is within 2 clear line of sight spaces of Hattori Hajime, and its base is no more than 2 levels above Hattori's height or its height no more than 2 levels below Hattori's base,”

Or am I just totally off base here?

Quote:
Herok

As mentioned in my thread, your charge ability is similar to mine, though it's also quite different. One oddity with yours happens when Herok dies while charging, whether from falling damage, lava, or large/huge engagement strikes. Special powers disappear when the unit dies, so you would not roll for the figures he trampled through. Still, game not simulation; it works well and I can't think of any problems with it.
I didn't even think about him getting destroyed mid charge, but I can't really think of a good wording fix for it with out changing it to function like Trample Stomp. As you said game not a simulation, so it doesn’t really bother me too much.

Quote:
Charging Strike seems unnecessary; the unit is interesting enough with Trampling Charge. But it is flavorful and useful.
I more or less threw Charging Strike on last minute just so he would have something against large and huge figures. Though I do like how it self synergizes with Trampling Charge. I don't know, do you think I should remove it?

Quote:
Gra-Vro-Sa

A pretty good warlord for the Groks to pick. And actually a good warlord for the Romans to bond with too; GVS provides a useful (possibly) multi-attack ranged special attack. Cool mod too.
Thanks

My Etsy Store
Old January 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Hmm, that's not how it's supposed to work. The idea was to extend his reach 2 levels past his height and 2 levels lower than his base. I thought that’s how the wording works.

“If the attacking figure is within 2 clear line of sight spaces of Hattori Hajime, and its base is no more than 2 levels above Hattori's height or its height no more than 2 levels below Hattori's base,”

Or am I just totally off base here?
An adjacent figure is within 2 clear line of sight spaces, and thus is subject to the same 2 levels above or below restriction that figures two spaces away are. So with this wording he can't counter strike adjacent figures more than two levels above or below him, like normal counter strike can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
I more or less threw Charging Strike on last minute just so he would have something against large and huge figures. Though I do like how it self synergizes with Trampling Charge. I don't know, do you think I should remove it?
I've been on a kick lately about simplicity of designs. Trampling Charge gives him lots of character and playability already. Additionally, I like seeing weak points in units; if Charging Strike is meant to shore up one of his only weak points, you should take a second look at it. But I'm not strongly opinionated on this particular issue, and it's your unit to decide what is best. Just a suggestion.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Treasure Quest Champion!

Thanks for the reply Soundwrap. I was overestimating them; but I still think you should max the bonus to +3. The Wyvern+Slaves+Dund+Q9+Raelin+x amout of deathreavers could shut down an army with a large common core. Though that might not be a bad thing...

Old January 21st, 2013, 10:01 PM
Pssst...

Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Crixus33 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just curious, what does the I.J.D. stand for? They are amazing sculpts with cool powers.

Ignore the question I found the answer. I should have known to check your mods thread

"Hello my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."~Inigo Montoya.

Pssst...

Last edited by Crixus33; January 21st, 2013 at 10:16 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards