Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Notices

Old September 11th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth
Re: The New York City Gang Of Four

Brax looks cool.

Old September 11th, 2018, 11:21 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth

@kolakoski you'd probably be interested to know I used Kha today to pretty great effect against some Venoc Vipers, NGS, and Romans. Had some unlikely blocks that allowed him to stay alive a few extra turns and take some more shots. All three powers proved useful.

(Now if he does this well all the time he's probably OP, but it was a good fun example of his potential).
Old September 12th, 2018, 10:59 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post
@kolakoski you'd probably be interested to know I used Kha today to pretty great effect against some Venoc Vipers, NGS, and Romans. Had some unlikely blocks that allowed him to stay alive a few extra turns and take some more shots. All three powers proved useful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfrog View Post

(Now if he does this well all the time he's probably OP, but it was a good fun example of his potential).

Sounds great! Pricing was tough for me, but solicited quite a bit of advice before settling on 75.

Old September 13th, 2018, 09:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Kolakoski. and I held a 10 hour Silent Death game yesterday with 10-11 ships each as a "super shakedown." We learned a lot about the rules and tactics. He won again so now he's 2 for 2, but I'll catch him one of these days! Looking forward to our 4-6 player next Wednesday after his two Scape scenarios.

October Scaping Sneak Peak: Taeblewalker is working on a Norse Mythology theme for his October Scape. He'll be coming over with his own new board game War Party soon, which has a similar theme of each faction being a different Fantasy race, which is also what he is creating now for Scaping.

C3G Plug: I'm also checking out C3Gs new Thunderbolts cards on the Home Page! I've used the older Meteorite card; she's now part of that group too.

Chas

Last edited by chas; September 13th, 2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old September 13th, 2018, 01:52 PM

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Kolakoski. and I held a 10 hour Silent Death game yesterday with 10-11 ships each as a "super shakedown." We learned a lot about the rules and tactics. He won again so now he's 2 for 2, but I'll catch him one of these days! Looking forward to our 4-6 player next Wednesday after his two Scape scenarios.
We played the following forces:

Side A (chas)
Group 1. Pharsii II 10/7/7/7, Talon 8/8.
Group 2. Deathwind 10/7/7, 4 Blizzards - all 5/5.
Group 3. 2 Night Hawks, 2 Thunderbirds - all 7/7.

Side B (kolakoski)
Group 1. Glaive 10/7/7, 2 Darts - both 7/7.
Group 2. Salamander 10/7/7, 2 Teal Hawks - both 5/7.
Group 3. 4 Hellbenders - all 9/9.

Numbers indicate Skill levels for the Pilot (Pilot/Gunnery) of each ship, and Gunner(s) Gunnery Skill, for ships that have them. For example, the Pharsii II's Pilot has a Pilot Skill of 10 and a Gunnery Skill of 7, and each of it's 2 Gunners has a Gunnery Skill of 7. Similar to Heroscape, ships and skills are worth points. Each group above is worth 200 points.

The major lesson with reference to next week is that a reduction in force is necessary. We will also include more mediocre-skilled pilots/gunners. We include, and will include, the optional rule: Easing Target Speed Restrictions.

Tentative forces (90 points):

1. Pit Viper 8/8, Pit Viper 5/5, Pit Viper 5/5, Pit Viper 3/3
2. Blizzard 8/7, Blizzard 5/7, Blizzard 3/3
3. Spirit Rider 8/8, Spirit Rider 7/7, Spirit Rider 3/3
4. Dart 8/7, Dart 3/3, Dart 3/3
5. Talon 8/8, Talon 5/3
6. Teal Hawk 8/1/7, Thunderbird 3/3

Last edited by kolakoski; September 13th, 2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old September 14th, 2018, 12:18 AM

Well met!

Our practice game was about torpedoes - evading them and/or shooting them - and the power of missles.

Our gameday Silent Death will still have plenty for the newbies to absorb, but it will be as much a demo as a game. Arbitrarily choosing sides (each element worth 90 points):

Side A
Dart 8/7, Dart 3/3, Dart 3/3
Spirit Rider 8/8, Spirit Rider 7/7, Spirit Rider 3/3
Teal Hawk 8/1/7, Thunderbird 3/3

Side B
Pit Viper 8/8, Pit Viper 5/5, Pit Viper 5/5, Pit Viper 3/3
Blizzard 8/7, Blizzard 5/7, Blizzard 3/3
Talon 8/8, Talon 5/3

If there are fewer than 6 players, there is no priority - any elements may be chosen to sit this one out.

The Blizzards have 16 torpedoes among them, the Talons 1 each. Both are armed with those nasty named Disruptorguns. The Spirit Riders have 6 torpedoes, the Teal Hawk 1, and the Thunderbird 5 (one a Mark 20, all others in the game being Mark 10s). Thematically, Side A - Nature Light, is reasonably balanced (although out-torped and out-numbered, the Teal Hawk gives them an extra elite crew - and its gunner always shoots first) against Side B - Nature Dark (with an extra ship, typically underhanded).

The wider disparity in crew quality will take some managing. No practically automatic Torp dodgers here. I predict there will actually be wingmen . . .

Old September 14th, 2018, 01:15 AM

Well met!

Side A
Dart 8/7, Dart 3/3, Dart 3/3
Spirit Rider 8/8, Spirit Rider 7/7, Spirit Rider 3/3
Teal Hawk 8/1/7, Thunderbird 3/3

Side B
Pit Viper 8/8, Pit Viper 5/5, Pit Viper 5/5, Pit Viper 3/3
Blizzard 8/7, Blizzard 5/7, Blizzard 3/3
Talon 8/8, Talon 5/3

Here's how I think of it:

The 3 mediocre Pit Vipers and the 5/3 Talon go in first, with the 8/8 Pit Viper, the Blizzards and the 8/8 Talon as wingmen. Meanwhile, the 3/3 Darts and Spirit Rider move to the fore, with the Thunderbird, and elite Spirit Riders as wimgmen, while the Teal Hawk waits in reserve for damage to lower some drives . . .

Old September 14th, 2018, 07:30 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

K.,

Don't know of you ran these numbers, but here's how the two sides compare in skills:

SIDE A: 43/42

SIDE B: 50/49
Old September 14th, 2018, 11:59 AM

Well met!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
K.,

Don't know of you ran these numbers, but here's how the two sides compare in skills:

SIDE A: 43/42

SIDE B: 50/49
SIDE A has better ships.
Old September 14th, 2018, 04:35 PM

Well met!

My ships have come in!

This is the ad for these. I actually paid a lot more for them because shipping was not free - they ended up being cheaper at $10 per dozen on Amazon. Pics of the 2 packs I received combined are below:

These are definitely Silent Death ship!.

See anything strange? The ad showed you 10 out of the 12 ships. That's because here are actually only 10 types. Above, I have 2 each of the Pit Viper, Spirit Rider, Thunderbird, Talon, Night Hawk, Lance Electra, and Salamander. However, due to random selection, I have 3 Blizzards, 3 Hellbenders, and 4 Teal Hawks!? [Just ordered last 3 packs from a cheaper seller on Amazon, paying $16 including shipping. I'll have at least 4 of each type . . . ]

Ahh! If only they had more ship types.

Old September 14th, 2018, 10:49 PM

Nice!!! Did they come with stands or holes in the bottoms like my originals?
Old September 15th, 2018, 12:37 AM

Well met!

A new lineup for Side B (for which I will provide my new ships), as I have only two Pit Vipers available . . .

Also, the Skill Table shows 3/3 would never be bought, as 5/1 or 1/5 are both better; I prefer 1/5 [but if you prefer some other combo of those 6 points, feel free], made all 3/3s 1/5s - and made all Gunnery Skills 5 or better, with the same reasoning.

Side A

Dart 8/7, Dart 1/5, Dart 1/5
Spirit Rider 8/8, Spirit Rider 5/7, Spirit Rider 3/5
Teal Hawk 8/1/7, Thunderbird 1/5

Left to right, top to bottom:
Teal Hawk, Spirit Rider, Talon,
Lance Electra, Salamander, Pit Viper,
Thunderbird, Hellbender,
Blizzard, Nighthawk

Side B

Pit Viper 8/8, Pit Viper 3/5, Hellbender 5/5
Blizzard 8/7, Blizzard 5/7, Blizzard 1/5
Talon 8/8, Talon 3/5

In my Space Force Universe, Gunnery is more important than Piloting.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion