Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies
Movies Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 12th, 2015, 05:43 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Mad Max - Fury Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
I realized that I never came back here to voice my amazement at this film. There are movies, and then there are films. To me this was cinema at it's finest. I'm amazed that a film maker actually got to make a big budget film in today's corporate movie industry climate that tells you a story using the visual aspect of the media, rather than bombard you with exposition laden dialog as most movies these days do.

Wow, wonderful stuff. And what a concept: Film as an Art form. I heard tell of that back in film school. Never thought I'd see another film like it again in my lifetime. Thank you Mr. Miller.

I really like this quote from Bill Hader:

"I think the person who said it the best was Matt Stone from South Park. I go", “Did you see Mad Max?” and he goes, “Yeah.”

“Well what’d you think of it?”

He said, “Going to see it for the third time, I’m wearing a suit.”

Yep. That sums it up quite nicely.

If you haven't seen this yet go, before the CGI f__k fest that's Jurassic World runs it out of your local theater.
Yeah, from what I heard, Jurassic World has problems (mainly in characters and some spoilerish things I'm not going to say, that I wish I hadn't heard before watching it). Unfortunately, my dad wants to see JW and not Ant-man when it comes out, or Mad Max. He also doesn't want me to see Max in theaters even though I'm now 18, and I've seen all the others. So, I've complained about that a lot, but we're both stubborn, so I'm not sure how that's going to play out. So go and support Mad Max for me, I'll be there in spirit I guess. I'll just wait until it's on Blu-ray to buy it.

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist

Last edited by Heroscaper Guy; June 12th, 2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: to make things clearer
Old June 12th, 2015, 05:58 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

He doesn't want you to see Mad Max in the theater? The bid screen and surround sound system you find in a theater is exactly what a film like Mad Max was made for. If you wait till DVD you will be missing out even if you have a great home system. I generally don't like 3-D movies but that was the only format available at my local theater and I actually enjoyed it that way.
Old June 12th, 2015, 06:42 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
He doesn't want you to see Mad Max in the theater? The bid screen and surround sound system you find in a theater is exactly what a film like Mad Max was made for. If you wait till DVD you will be missing out even if you have a great home system. I generally don't like 3-D movies but that was the only format available at my local theater and I actually enjoyed it that way.
He's seen the movies I think (I know at least one and half of another). I don't think he just likes them really and I think he's also concerned about sexual content (even though I've said there is none).

my tradelist
Old June 12th, 2015, 08:25 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
and I think he's also concerned about sexual content (even though I've said there is none).
...isn't that exactly why the ratings were revamped in 1990 so they include the reasons why the rating is what it is?
(MM:FR's is*: Rated R for intense sequences of violence throughout, and for disturbing images. No mention of sexual content at all...)

* = Source: filmratings.com

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 12th, 2015, 08:29 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper Guy View Post
and I think he's also concerned about sexual content (even though I've said there is none).
...isn't that exactly why the ratings were revamped in 1990 so they include the reasons why the rating is what it is?
(MM:FR's is*: Rated R for intense sequences of violence throughout, and for disturbing images. No mention of sexual content at all...)

* = Source: filmratings.com
I don't know why he says no, as I've pointed that out. All I know is I'm living here while I'm in college and they're paying for it, so I'd prefer not to get on their bad-side. Waiting a few months on a movie with would not be worth getting kicked out.

my tradelist
Old June 29th, 2015, 09:52 AM
I got "Oh Come on" 'ed

ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby! ParaGoomba Slayer rolls all skulls baby!

Just go to the movie theater anyways. If you don't have a car, walk or bike there and make it an adventure.

I saw that it had a 98% on Rotten Tomatoes and instantly wanted to see it.

Road Warrior/Mad Max 2 - Best one still.

Fury Road - Very close second. If someone liked this more than than the Road Warrior I would not blame them.

Mad Max - I haven't seen this in a while but I don't remember it being on the tier of the Road Warrior.

Thunderdome - An ass movie.

Circumcision? HIS body, HIS decision. A person should have the right to their own body. "Sometimes you're right but you're always an asshole." - Anonymous neg rep
Old July 9th, 2015, 02:25 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > Movies