Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old March 18th, 2013, 11:54 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The wait is Over HS Codex #11 is Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
It's a matter of organization... We tried to do this at the french forum: not enought organization, project abandoned.

You need a lot of people to help you, and as DS said, take your time to finalize each article.
Yes, precisely.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanieLoche View Post
A good idea should be to give it another name than Codex, for exemple, "Valhalla News", "The DailyScape" ...
I guess, but ... what's going to be in it?

Quote:
Okay, so basically:

1) Take your time, don't rush it.
It may be your ultimate goal is to resurrect the Codex under its own name. That's fine, and laudable, and I don't want to discourage you. It would be a long process, and would be the product of many people working together.

Quote:
2) Find another name.
No, that's not what I was saying. If your long term goal is to bring the Codex back under that name, fine.

But for *now*, as you are really just at the very beginning of thinking about laying the groundwork for that lofty goal, I'm going to humbly suggest you adopt a more moderate short term goal.

Specifically, you say you want to be involved. I'm assuming that means as a writer, and you want to be a writer than the very best thing you can do is write. Make it regular, and make it interesting both to you and to your audience.

Fiction? Write Bios.

Humor? How about a little Q&A with the Ogre Pulverizer?

Critical? Dig out some of the official literature of the game and assemble it into pictures of how the Marro might reproduce or something, basing your argument on things you might learn from official bios or whatever.

Strategy? If you've got the chops, go for it.

The most important thing is to make sure it is *interesting*. Not just for your audience, but for you, because if it's a chore you will likely lose interest.

Do it once, do it again, do it again. See how you like it. There are a few good writers doing fan fiction on this site; swap stories with them, if fiction is your thing (apologies if you're doing that already, I didn't look).

If you're doing something repetitive (Once every two weeks a new set of high quality photos, or once a month a new humorous short story about Eldgrim's adventures in Valhalla, or whatever), give it a name that will be completely your own. You will come up with a name for yourself (The War Journals of Eldgrim the Tall).

Quote:
3) Find someone who is better/smarter/more experienced than me.
Nope. Never said that. I'm just saying you'll need a lot of people, as Daniel Loche said, and everybody will have a particular role. I wouldn't presume to guess what your role might be, one day.

Why don't you think about what you would *like* your role to be, though, and work on it as part of Phase 1. Where I'm suggesting you write, but you can/should work on art, if you'd rather, or whatever.

Quote:
4) This one is questionable, and I would like to hear from D_S especially on this one. Even if we're changing the name, would it still be a good idea to ask a 'higher up" if we can start this project?
If you're writing the serialized War Journals of Eldgrim the Tall then I don't think you have to ask anybody anything. If you enjoy it and you think you might be building a following then have some talks with other writers and an artist or two. But first you have to establish that you're comfortable doing the part you think you want to do.

One of the great dramatists of them all, Stephen Sondheim, reminded us of this important fact of life in his brilliant Into the Woods:

Wishes come true, not free.

You know what you want to wish for. Now spend some time doing a little bridge building and soul searching by creating just one small part of it, and see how that goes.
Somehow, that was really inspiring...
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Well, that's Sondheim for you. Oddly inspiring.

Glad I could help.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:15 PM

Fireshadow is surprisingly tart

I cant figure out how to actually get to the codex. When I click on the link it leads me to a list of like 8 or so options and a picture of some girl and what seems like a college ad. dunno maybe it is just my dumb laptop
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

The Codex site is no more. I've uploaded PDFs to Google Docs. Check the link in my signature.

Could an Admin add the link to the first post of this thread?

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old March 31st, 2013, 01:31 PM

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Thanks to mac122 we have access!

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; June 12th, 2013 at 12:37 PM. Reason: EDIT: Nija'd!
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:14 PM

Simpledamon Woo who?

Thanks for saving these for me! I was having a terrible time finding them.

Last edited by Simpledamon; June 12th, 2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpledamon View Post
Anyone know where I can get these nowadays? Links appear broken.
The links in the post just before yours seem to work fine (other than the fact that the link for issue #1 was formatted improperly).

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old June 12th, 2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpledamon View Post
Anyone know where I can get these nowadays? Links appear broken.
The links in the post just before yours seem to work fine (other than the fact that the link for issue #1 was formatted improperly).
It wasn't "formatted improperly", it was intentionally sabotaged.

Also, check this out!

~JS, off to fix it

EDIT: I fixed it!

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; June 12th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Old October 29th, 2018, 10:26 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I haven't heard back from atmospro. I can't see a problem with sharing the Codex files with the community. I started uploading them to the Downloads section, but couldn't get #3 to load. So, I set up Google Docs and loaded them there. Let's try this out.

Codex #1
Codex #2
Codex #3
Codex #4
Codex #5
Codex #6
Codex #7
Codex #8
Codex #9
Codex #10
Codex #11
I know this is a really old post, but does anyone know what miniature figures were used in the Zaravi Incursion?
Old October 29th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Saving the world - one lonely Marro at a time

mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth mac122 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatormustang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac122 View Post
I haven't heard back from atmospro. I can't see a problem with sharing the Codex files with the community. I started uploading them to the Downloads section, but couldn't get #3 to load. So, I set up Google Docs and loaded them there. Let's try this out.

Codex #1
Codex #2
Codex #3
Codex #4
Codex #5
Codex #6
Codex #7
Codex #8
Codex #9
Codex #10
Codex #11
I know this is a really old post, but does anyone know what miniature figures were used in the Zaravi Incursion?
They are Mage Knight figures. Check this thread by LordRaidor

Edit: Out of curiosity, I searched for Solonavi on a few sites. Miniature Market doesn't have any. CoolStuffInc has a Solonavi Domineer, which isn't used. Troll and Toad has a bunch listed, but all out of stock. The only place I found some available was eBay. They seem pretty pricey there - no real surprise.

My Customs HoSS HoSS Sortable Index
Looking for the Codex?
My Trade List
Tourney Record: 2-11 I4031
Old November 4th, 2018, 08:16 PM

gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby! gatormustang rolls all skulls baby!

Thanks for the information mac122. I kind of thought once I found out what figures that were used would be hard to find or quite expensive. I just remember reading about the Zavari Incursion sometime back. It was a great concept and quite creative so I thought I might try to bring it back for my son and I to play. Not sure at these prices if its worth it to bring it to life on the battlefields in my home. I should have tried to purchase those figures way back when I first saw that article. Thanks again.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News