Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old May 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: NecroBlade's First Map Post [Updated!?]

Cool! The starting zone placements are interesting.
How does the map play with the high road in the center and the glyphs on either side?
Have you tried putting glyphs out on the corners opposite of the starting zones?

^ Love the starting zone placements in this layout.
Also like the bridge that can be crossed by the enemy to peer down on the unactivated figures in one's starting zone.
I'd imagine it's just as important to block this avenue of attack as it is to go glyph grabbing.
I would be very willing to try this one out some time.
Good stuff!
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:49 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Re: NecroBlade's First Map Post [Updated!?]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour

Cool! The starting zone placements are interesting.
How does the map play with the high road in the center and the glyphs on either side?
Have you tried putting glyphs out on the corners opposite of the starting zones?

^ Love the starting zone placements in this layout.
Also like the bridge that can be crossed by the enemy to peer down on the unactivated figures in one's starting zone.
I'd imagine it's just as important to block this avenue of attack as it is to go glyph grabbing.
I would be very willing to try this one out some time.
Good stuff!
Thanks again for the feedback, guys. On the "Bridge" map, the glyph placement works pretty well. Most of the fighting will take place on top of the bridge, so you have to decide if whatever glyph you find up there is worth holding vs height advantage. The figures holding the glyphs will still have a reasonable field of view, not to mention height over most of the rest of the board, so it isn't like they're useless, either. There actually are glyphs behind the trees in those corners that you have to leave the road to get, you just can't see them because of the picture.

For the second map, I actually had a small ruin in each starting zone, so you could hide a couple of your more important figures from the bridge. I just forgot to put them in the VS maps. I'll have to recreate the first map in VS, but I'll try to figure out how to get them in the downloads section sometime...no promises when, though.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
THANKS CAV!!!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:47 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
This map reminds me of Vydar's general symbol.

Another nice example of integrating the Maps!
Old May 23rd, 2007, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
This map reminds me of Vydar's general symbol.
I thought the same thing when I finished building!

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 24th, 2007, 05:43 AM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Great map NB!
Those Lexan maps sure are better than laying down tons of water tiles!
Old May 24th, 2007, 06:20 AM

Buffrat has disabled reputation
Holy Blubber!!!

That's how I describe the last picture of that water mat map.

"Illidan has mocked the Scourge long enough. It's time we put the fear of death back in him." --Arthas

Old May 24th, 2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffrat
Holy Blubber!!!

That's how I describe the last picture of that water mat map.
Hmm, not quite sure how to interpret that

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:52 AM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Awesome. Very nice map, Necro!
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:43 AM
Mintiest of the Minty

markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness markwars wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I think you have made the start zones too big on that last map. :P
Old May 24th, 2007, 11:51 AM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
THANKS CAV!!!
<<Gulp!>> That is going to be a long battle.

Bring in the Kraken to kill 'em all!
Old May 24th, 2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwars
I think you have made the start zones too big on that last map. :P
Haha! I was just getting everyone into a group photo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annerios
Bring in the Kraken to kill 'em all!
I would've if the suction cups would stick to the mats and I could get that durned maw off

Thanks for looking, guys.

Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios