Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 18th, 2009, 08:52 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker
Help Playtesting a Powerhouse

Hey I'm not going to concern you guys with the details, but right now I don't have access to my tiles...

Anyways, would anyone mind helping me playtest a powerhouse unit? I plan on creating a scenario where a bunch of people play big armies and fight against this guy and his small army. Here is the stats, no card because I don't have the programs on this ipod.

Ragnarok
Ancients
Demigod
Unique Hero
Overlord
Terrifying
Medium 5
Life 7
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 8
Points 500 (I think its around this not sure though.)

Thorian Superspeed- Opponents' figures must be adjacent to Ragnarok to attack him.

Exoskeleton- Ragnarok can not be targeted by autokill special powers.

Blood Hungry Special Attack- Range 1. Attack 6. If Ragnarok's Blood Hungry Special Attack destroys a figure, Ragnarok may attack again with Blood Hungry Special Attack. Ragnarok may continue attacking with Blood Hungry Special Attack until he does not destroy a figure.

I would probably recommend Morsbane to get rid of those special powers.
Thanks, to whoever decides to help me out!

Last edited by Uchiha Blood; August 19th, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:43 PM

Bloodthorn is surprisingly tart
Re: Help Playtesting a Powerhouse

Holy crap! That guy is a monster! Im not sure the points are high enough on this one man. He is easily stronger that Thanos and Hulk, but costs less? My guess is he is probably closer to 550-600. Neat idea though.
Old August 18th, 2009, 10:58 PM

King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker King of the Marro knows what's in an order marker

Yea there aren't a lot of figures that can bunch through 10 defense. However his Medium size does make him susceptible to several auto-kill attacks (Retchets, Braxas, Grimnak). They would seem like the only way to kill him besides Cyprien's touch, or Marrden Hounds plaguing him.

King of the Marro is Killer Bee...
aboard
<<<Oblivion>>>...
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:42 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Wow, specials aside, there's no ****ing way he costs 310. I'm doing testing for the C3G and even our most powerful figure, Superman, clocks in at 400 with stats nowhere near that.

A quick look at some of my more powerful superhero customs (Fin Fang Foom, Galactus) suggests AT LEAST 600 points, most likely more.

And, to KotM's point, when creating a figure of that magnitude, you may want to include a power or something about no auto-killing. Being killed on one roll would make the whole scenario entirely lame.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old August 19th, 2009, 03:46 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha Blood View Post
Ragnarok
Ancients
Demigod
Unique Hero
Overlord
Terrifying
Medium 5
Life 10
Move 10
Range 1
Attack 10
Defense 10

Thorian Superspeed- Opponents' figures must be adjacent to Ragnarok to attack him.

Disengage- Ragnarok is never attacked when leaving an engagement.

Blood Hungry Special Attack- Range 1. Attack 6. If Ragnarok's Blood Hungry Special Attack destroys a figure, Ragnarok may attack again with Blood Hungry Special Attack. Ragnarok may continue attacking with Blood Hungry Special Attack until he does not destroy a figure.

Yeah, but then you actually have to put markers on Morsbane, which is a pretty useless proposition at the best of times, let alone when this guy has markers on him.

I think 500 is still too few points. This guy's invulnerable to range, so think of the equivalently costed melee armies that could take him down.

The default new Gladiator army, 3x Capuans w Sparty and Crixus: the Capuans can at most get 6 of 9 guys adjacent, if you leave no room for Crixus. According to Sisyphus' tables, Ragnaroks blood hungry attack at 6 causes 1.77 wounds per attack; that's possibly every single Capuan around him dead with one marker. That's if he doesn't decide to waltz away and assasinate Spartacus first, to unboost the Capuans and make them easier to deal with. obviously, he just leaves Crixus for last. Things might get a little easier if you throw Retiarus so he can try net trip and bypass that massive defense in for 590 points, but that means that Ragnarok should cost around that much. But he's still always free to disengage, and the gladiators can't keep up. Capuans have .22 chances of causing a wound per attack, only a little more if they actually put a hero into the fray.

If Ragnarok never once deigns to attack them, Alistair, MacDirks x4, and random filler of 70 pts could do some damage if Alistair overextends alot. But if Ragnarok even sort of tries, Blood Hungry does 2.35 wounds per attack, 2.05 on Alistair if he's left adjacent and Rag saves him for last. If Rag just decides to assasinate him, 10 attack does 4.33 wounds in general, so Alistair only has around 2 turns to do what damage he may.

Knights of Weston fare no better than boosted Capuans, drop like flies to Blood Hungry. They get a .105 chance to wound Ragnarok.

Then there are the Gladiatrons, who lose their major asset in that the Blastatrons are useless against this guy. At least they can lock him down, but blood hungry still kills 1.77 per attack, while they can only offer .04 wounds per figure.

Next there are the less normal melee squads, like Deathstalkers. They also do .105 damage per turn, but with x5 of them you have a few chances to roll all skulls and take him down. Then again, you might not. In any event, blood hungry still cause more than one wound per attack at 1.51.

You could try Marrden hounds x5 with 50 points filler. They also only do .105 damage per attacking figure, but each also has a 25% chance to do an unblockable wound on Ragnarok, with 15 figures plus filler it might be enough. They have the same weakness to blood hungry the Stalkers do.

Can't really think of any more purely squad builds you could try, your chances seem to decrease pretty rapidly from there.

Something like:
Iskra 50
Rechets 50
Gladiatrons x2 160 (to keep him locked down while you try to summon; only have one adjacent to him at a time)
Marrdenhounds x2 180
Deadeye 60
might kill him if you get lucky, either with the Rechets rolling 3 skulls, the hounds all hitting plague, or deadey oneshotting him, but that's a lot to ask in this case, and an order marker nightmare. If you mess up order markers on the gladiatrons even once, he's gone, and is assasinating your units one at a time while you try and catch him.
You could try Deathstalkers instead of the hounds and Deadeye, but that leaves you with 40 points of filler, nothing less than 40 points has any shot of helping you.

To sum it all up, I can't think of any configuration of 500 points that even comes close to killing this guy easily, without relying on the fickle d20. I say he's 650-700 easy, and if you take Necro's advice and give him some way to avoid auto-wound or -destroy powers, 1000, because that's how many points you're going to need to kill him alone, let alone whatever army you give him. A smart player is always going use this guy's phenomanal move, disengage, and invulnerability to ranged fire to avoid being surrounded, except when he's almost guaranteed to wipe out a squad or more with blood hungry. I would be willing to take this guy and Kelda against nearly any 800 point army you could name in a heartbeat. I might even be able to actually test that, I'll post again if so.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:58 AM

Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby! Anthasu1 rolls all skulls baby!

This is insane. He basically breaks the system. Like Fencerjared said- Match him with equal armies and he crushes them. I think you should tone down the stats a bit, because as is, you can't beat him.
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:16 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

If you don't make him immune to instant kill powers, Ragnarok would be susceptible to Grimnak, Cyprien, Braxas (I think that PAB gets around Thorian superspeed), the Rechets, Sudema, or Runa. He should also be susceptible to mind shackling.

With powers like this, you are more in Marvel territory. I might prefer going with a squad of gladiatrons, Major X17, Abomination and Hulk. Maybe Abomination and Hulk could do it alone. Still, you're over 700 points.

I thought about Thanos and maybe 5 squads of Rats (only 560 points). It doesn't sound like a fun battle, but it might work.

All in all, I'm guessing 600 to 700 points.
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Perhaps I should have mentioned this before, but we play a variant of Scape I came up with called ScapeQuest. In ScapeQuest, you can upgrade your figures' stats. Ragnarok was originally made for ScapeQuest as your basic hope for defeating this guy is your own hero. I'll tone him down, a bit or a lot, so that he can actually be destroyed...
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:43 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

The only single unit that can cream this guy would be Chuck Norris. But yeah, I'd say tone him down just a bit. I like it though.

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 19th, 2009, 03:24 PM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Perhaps I should have mentioned this before, but we play a variant of Scape I came up with called ScapeQuest. In ScapeQuest, you can upgrade your figures' stats. Ragnarok was originally made for ScapeQuest as your basic hope for defeating this guy is your own hero. I'll tone him down, a bit or a lot, so that he can actually be destroyed...
That sounds a little more doable, if you have multiple heroes that are all about a third to half his attack/life/defense so they can stand up to him. Still, you have to remember that (theoretically) to reliably break through his defense, you'll want 6 attack. That gives you a chance to deal .599 wounds on average; with multiple attackers, that should give you a decent chance. If you are going to be having multiple attackers, who each have their own sets of order markers against his one set, you might be able to flood the battlefield and get enough attacks through that way. In that case, though, his medium single based size and speed with disengage really helps him out, because he can avoid most enemies and still not be surrounded.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:11 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

With a move of 10 AND immune to range attacks he will get first strike on anyone he chooses. There is not a heavy hitter currently in the game that can even come close to standing up to this guy. Jotun, Krug, Su-bak-Na, even working as a team (505) points stand very little chance in a straight fight.

If he is vulnerable to insta-kill powers, then Braxas, Grimnak and Sudema and the like. However, they will not get first strike, and they are all long shots to insta kill.

This guy should be closer to 700-800 points.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 20th, 2009, 01:10 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Ragnarok
Ancients
Demigod
Unique Hero
Overlord
Terrifying
Medium 5
Life 7
Move 8
Range 1
Attack 7
Defense 8

Exoskeleton- Ragnarok can not be targeted by autokill special powers.

This helps a lot. He'd still be brutal to squads but he'll wiff eventually. The Hulk should be a fair match for him. I'd guess a point level in the 400's.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards