Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Notices

Old August 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM

Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker
Re: Five Custom Generals by Scaperdad

To CheddarLimbo...I think I will go with the small and medium figs for Stealth Aura, thanks. Also, that change still allows for the use of the Vydar dice/symbols - I love those dice! But I think after reading the comments so far, I'll still increase Vydar's point value a little, maybe an additional 20pts? I'll get the card updated when I get a chance.

To panheadman1995...you're right! General Jandar's wings are from a Sentinel. I finally remembered what I did. I split the wings at the back and put in a little wedge to make them fan out wider, and I painted them a brighter white. Thanks for checking on that for me, and I'll edit my description in the near future.
Old August 10th, 2009, 02:12 PM

Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness Toad Rocket wears ripped pants of awesomeness

These are incredibly well done across the board. You captured the theme and essence of these guys very well indeed. The LOTR influences are noticeable, but still work very well. + rep for your.

A few comments

Utgar: I like him being short. Seems almost appropriate in a way.

Vydar: I would think to give him 7 range as 6 seems to short, and just by looking at his figure I would think some sort of double attack special power would be in order. That would bump his cost up, but he is one of the cheapest right now. Like others have mentioned the stealth dodge for med or small characters seems to be in order also. Otherwise, this guys looks the best IMO.

Einar: The only thing I dont like is the Einar's command is a weakend rehash of the Jandar one. Not sure what would be better just yet.

Otherwise good job.

"I wish my iPad would stop trying to autocorrect all the heroscape names for me."

Good Trades I have had.

Collection Guide for Recommended Quantities.
Old August 10th, 2009, 02:14 PM

Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby! Bonecrusher rolls all skulls baby!

Counterstrike dealing one wound on a regular block (skulls=sheilds) for those who already have CS would be cool, CS for those who don't.

Quote:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
Old August 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM

rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby! rouby44 rolls all skulls baby!

Stunning sculpts. The units themselves are a little powerful for my tastes, but excellent job!
Old August 10th, 2009, 08:09 PM

HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker HSisforcoolkids knows what's in an order marker

I've always thought the generals being playable figures was a bad idea but these guys are top notch. From the sculpts to the creative special abilities, these are figures I would like to play with. Very nice work!
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM

Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker Scaperdad knows what's in an order marker

Updated Vydar and Ullar cards. Thanks for all the input!
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Wow! Those figures are amazing! I don't care for Ullar too much, since he's the least modified (I actually have that figure somewhere, I think!), but you did a great job on them all!

EDIT: Is Aquilla going to be coming?

Last edited by Lord Pyre; August 16th, 2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:34 PM

ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker ElvenEnvy knows what's in an order marker

Very nice...

All of the sculpts are great and just how I imagine them, except I think Ullar looks too much like Syvarris.

I think you should add a power with a symbol (like the Marvels have for super stregnth) that makes them immune to instant destructions and mindshackling. They're far too powerful to fall to something like that imo. Call it Generals Power or something.
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:39 PM

panheadman1995 is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by rouby44 View Post
The units themselves are a little powerful for my tastes, but excellent job!
Ummmm... they are the five elite Valkyrie Generals... they're kinda supposed to be a bit powerful. And I believe that the high point costs level it out.

Best I have seen so far, and kudos to SCAPERDAD!!!
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'm Heroscape's Birthbuddy

Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby! Nadom rolls all skulls baby!

Wow! I kept seeing this thread popping up, but didn't really look because I was in the whole "the generals should never be made into figures camp"...

But you pulled them off perfectly. All the figures are spot-on, the cards look like the real deal, even the abilities are flawlessly worded. If you put in this much work on these as a gift to your kids, then, frankly, you're the kind of dad I want to be. Ullar's Resistance Aura might be my favorite custom ability I've yet seen. So cool.
+ rep!
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:46 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I never want to see Generals made for gameplay but these figures are Incredible!!!!
Old August 16th, 2009, 06:11 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

I'll add my voice to the chorus of "Wow"s and "Incredible"s.

Because wow, those are incredible.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards