Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events
Online Heroscape Games and Events Play Heroscape online with people across the country and around the globe.

Old September 23rd, 2015, 12:59 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
So Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by General J View Post
So let me get this straight,

I make an army 400-600,
opponent makes an army 400-600.

We die roll, highest # wins.

Winner gets to either choose:
Picking their own army
Picking their opponent's army.

The opponent can then offer; "I will trade you armies under the condition that I sit out x many of x units."

Then I can either say "Yes, that's good, let the game begin." or "No, offer up more." until both parties are satisfied / ready?
The second option instead of "Yes, good" is "No, I'll trade and sit x+y units." and repeats until someone says "Yes, good"

~Dysole, hoping that explained it
Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:07 AM

General J is surprisingly tart
Re: Online Season 22 - Reverse Draft (Signups Until 9/27)

@Dysole

Ok so if someone decides "I will trade armies and sit out some units."

That happens regardless if the other player wants it to or not? And the only way that player can keep their own army is if they drop out some units as well?
Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:13 AM

General J is surprisingly tart

and what does "VC allowed" mean? Valhalla Customs?

Is the meta to draft a bad team to force your opponent to play?
Old September 23rd, 2015, 01:25 AM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Well

Quote:
@Dysole

Ok so if someone decides "I will trade armies and sit out some units."

That happens regardless if the other player wants it to or not? And the only way that player can keep their own army is if they drop out some units as well?
Basically, the first army to have units dropped from it is the one that keeps getting passed around until the person playing the second army is happy(either by thinking the matchup is even and that any further reductions will give them a disadvantage or by thinking they now possess an edge).

Quote:
and what does "VC allowed" mean? Valhalla Customs?

Valhalla Customs is correct. Any released C3V or SoV unit is fair game (although we're working on getting top downs for the latest set of units). As for the meta, this format is fairly metaproof. You can bring something way better than what everyone else brought (and it will get picked first and pared down) or way worse than what everyone else brought (in which case you will be paring opponent's armies down to its level). More importantly, like I told William099 is that you need your army to be able to lose figures without it swinging the power level too much as that makes it much easier for you to get in a bad place matchupwise. Hope that makes sense.

~Dysole, who had lots of potential options and went with one that I've never brought to a tournament (surprisingly given people that know me (4 figures I've never brought (and I don't even think I've played) at a tournament))
Old September 23rd, 2015, 09:56 AM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
No, because you can't force your opponent to take an army at any point.

If you bring a bad army, than most of the time you and your opponent will be bidding against each other to see how much of your opponent's army you're willing to leave off in order to play it. Who ever is willing to leave off more will be the one playing it.

The already submitted armies so far cover a pretty good spread of power level, but none of them are fully terrible. The format doesn't really encourage that.

Did you see the example draft in the first post? I think this should clear up how it works.
Old September 28th, 2015, 10:50 AM

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth
Re: Online Season 22 - Reverse Draft (Signups Until 10/4)

We've decided to extend sign-ups for a week here. We will send out our reminder PMs soon.
Old September 28th, 2015, 11:30 AM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Hmm, is it terribly likely I'll get booted from the end of the year event if I sit this one out? If not, I'm really not interested in this format and I'd rather skip this one.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 28th, 2015, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Hmm, is it terribly likely I'll get booted from the end of the year event if I sit this one out? If not, I'm really not interested in this format and I'd rather skip this one.
I'd say it's terribly unlikely. What don't you like about it?
Old September 28th, 2015, 12:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
I'd say it's terribly unlikely. What don't you like about it?
It's not that I really dislike it, more that I'm apathetic to it. I don't especially care for any format where you only bring one army really.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old September 28th, 2015, 12:28 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Personally, I'm really interested in this format. I'm excited for this season and interesting how the armies will turn out when I actually go to play them. I'm excited for this.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.
Old September 28th, 2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I don't especially care for any format where you only bring one army really.
Heh. We actually debated internally allowing people to submit as many as four armies which could be cycled through randomly (i.e. you would be assigned one of your armies to bring to each game for reverse drafting). We decided to leave it out just because this is a new format and we wanted to keep it simple. But I do appreciate the desire to play different stuff.

Of course, your army could look very different from game to game if it gets reverse drafted down a bunch, and you could always play the other guy's army too.

Interesting note: We had over 10 submissions before anything except Raelin and Isamu was submitted in more than one army. So at least on that level, there's plenty of variety in play.
Old September 28th, 2015, 01:17 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Who's all signed up so far? Just curious.

If you're not rolling for Stinger Drain, you're not living.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Online Heroscape Games and Events