Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Notices

Old February 1st, 2017, 09:09 PM

Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby! Simval rolls all skulls baby!
Re: caps' maps - 01/31/2017 Halcyon

This map is so strange. It is weirdly pretty!

I find that, unlike most other maps, it doesn't really try to achieve a natural look, and it feels like it makes no sense, but it's still really pleasant to look at. I wonder how it would look in real life.

Well done !
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:08 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simval View Post
This map is so strange. It is weirdly pretty!

I find that, unlike most other maps, it doesn't really try to achieve a natural look, and it feels like it makes no sense, but it's still really pleasant to look at. I wonder how it would look in real life.

Well done !
Thanks Simval!

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old October 28th, 2018, 11:44 AM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

I updated Halcyon. The only change was to rearrange Wannok and replace the treasure glyphs with power glyphs.

Spoiler Alert!

--
--
--

--
Old October 30th, 2018, 01:09 PM
This is merely a joke.

superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth superfrog is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' maps - 10/28/2018 Updated Halcyon

I always loved the look of this map. I'm glad you revisited it.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:43 PM

Re: caps' maps - 10/28/2018 Updated Halcyon

I just added a new map. I created it back at the end of 2018 expecting to submit it to an ARV map contest. I lost track of the requirements for the ARV contests since then and decided I should just upload it now. I have playtested it on and off in the time since then. Overall I'm happy with it.

Thaw
uses 1xRotV, 1xBftU, 1xTT
link to .pdf
link to .hsc

Spoiler Alert!

It was inspired partially by @Dignan 's Grutsbane Pass, primarily in how lopsided that map is in terms of elevation. This map offers a little more protection to the low ground though, which is necessary because it is not nearly so wide as Grutsbane Pass.

Thanks to @dok for his private feedback that helped me make the map much better than it was on its first few iterations.

--
--
--

--
Old May 24th, 2020, 12:00 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' maps - 2020/05/23 added Thaw

I really like what you did with symmetry here, Cap. This is definitely one I would use in a tournament. If, you know, we ever get out of our houses to have another one. Ha ha that is a joke.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; May 24th, 2020 at 12:00 AM. Reason: the part about the map wasn't a joke. i really like it. :)
Old May 24th, 2020, 12:09 AM

Thanks DS, I take that as a pretty big compliment.

EDIT: it is not perfectly symmetrical on any axis. I couldn't tell from your comment if you could tell that or not. I spent a lot of time balancing the glyph placement and the terrain around it to make the movement costs to the glyph be the same

--
--
--

--
Old August 21st, 2020, 06:25 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Wow, how did I miss your post on this map? haha, it actually looks really cool. I think it has a really cool dungeon alter feel to it.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 26th, 2020, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
Wow, how did I miss your post on this map? haha, it actually looks really cool. I think it has a really cool dungeon alter feel to it.
Thanks Sir H

I held on to it a long time with plans to submit it to the ARV in a contest but I didn't pay close enough attention to when a contest came along that it would be eligible for.

--
--
--

--
Old August 28th, 2022, 05:29 PM

Kingfisher
.pdf
.hsc

Spoiler Alert!

I decided to revise Halcyon, and came up with something just sufficiently different enough that I wanted to give it a new name. The goals with this one are the same as Halcyon, but preferably with a smaller footprint and hopefully a little more friendly to melee with a little bit less of a shooting-gallery feel. I also coated one side of the map in (unnecessary?) swamp water, so the map ends up with a mostly distinctive 3-area feel: the swamp to the "north", the ice in the center, and the "cave" in the "south," with some unmelted snow (yes, I know it doesn't quite fit).

One of the other major changes is that I moved the precariously-placed single-hex outcrops to a more sturdy location.

This is a first draft, but I wanted to post it now in case anyone had some obvious feedback for me to incorporate.

--
--
--

--
Old August 28th, 2022, 05:43 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Re: caps' maps - 2022-08-28 added Kingfisher

at first glance, I REALLY Like it. I loved Halcyon during playtesting for aesthetics and theme (though it did fall a bit short on balance)...this one delivers as well but I think this initially feels much more balanced than Halcyon...so well done.

My initial hesitation is just the flatness through the center. I think you could get away with alittle bit of height on the opposite side of the glacier that is next to wannok. I feel like just a 1-hex and 2-hex wrapping around that opposite side could keep things interesting during development through the middle.

I think the reason you can get away with it there (or in a couple other spots)...is because you've done a good job keeping the center of the map at 8 spaces from each startzone...so you could play with putting height on 7 and 8 spaces away without "breaking" the map for 6-move fliers. that is, most of the time each side will be able to contest the height equally when you put it at 7 and 8 spaces from the start zone...so I think you could do with a little bit more through the center

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old August 28th, 2022, 06:01 PM

Re: caps' maps - 2022-08-28 added Kingfisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Heroscape View Post
at first glance, I REALLY Like it. I loved Halcyon during playtesting for aesthetics and theme (though it did fall a bit short on balance)...this one delivers as well but I think this initially feels much more balanced than Halcyon...so well done.

My initial hesitation is just the flatness through the center. I think you could get away with alittle bit of height on the opposite side of the glacier that is next to wannok. I feel like just a 1-hex and 2-hex wrapping around that opposite side could keep things interesting during development through the middle.

I think the reason you can get away with it there (or in a couple other spots)...is because you've done a good job keeping the center of the map at 8 spaces from each startzone...so you could play with putting height on 7 and 8 spaces away without "breaking" the map for 6-move fliers. that is, most of the time each side will be able to contest the height equally when you put it at 7 and 8 spaces from the start zone...so I think you could do with a little bit more through the center
I actually like the middle being pretty flat. What's the reason that you think it needs more elevation?

--
--
--

--

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios