Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Old November 4th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
I can't believe the Jazz beat the Suns in Phoenix. They did really good in the first few games of the last few seasons, so I'm reserving judgement on just how good they are. Still I can't believe they did it.

I have to count you as one of the real basketball fans, Uprising. I think enjoying watching the Spurs play is almost an acid test for being a real fan. It is always real fun to watch an effective team IMO.

What do you think about the Nets, Uprising? A friend from high school in Arizona moved to Brooklyn, and he's a big Nets fan now.
Old November 4th, 2006, 06:50 PM
markwars has a man-crush on me

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann
I can't believe the Jazz beat the Suns in Phoenix. They did really good in the first few games of the last few seasons, so I'm reserving judgement on just how good they are. Still I can't believe they did it.

I have to count you as one of the real basketball fans, Uprising. I think enjoying watching the Spurs play is almost an acid test for being a real fan. It is always real fun to watch an effective team IMO.

What do you think about the Nets, Uprising? A friend from high school in Arizona moved to Brooklyn, and he's a big Nets fan now.
I love watching an effective team also. Don't get me wrong, I'm always up for a high flying dunk or an insane split second 3-pointer, but too many teams play as individuals and I think it makes the game suffer. The Spurs Cavs game the other day was great to watch.

I actually hate the Nets. Probably more than any other. Although the Lakers and Celtics fall pretty close. NY only has room for one NBA team, and that's the Knicks . It also doesn't help that the Nets always destroy the Knicks. I'm not a fan of Jason Kidd or Richard Jefferson and I really didn't like Kenyon Martin when he was on the Nets either.
Old November 5th, 2006, 08:32 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprising
I really didn't like Kenyon Martin when he was on the Nets either.
I am going on my third year of trying to like him, but he makes it so difficult He scores points with me by overcoming his stutter to speak publicly (though it's hard to swallow what he was saying last year...), and I'm a sucker for empathizing/forgiving the "bulldog front" as it were - outwardly tough guy hiding inner insecurities - which he seems a classic example of.

Anyway, 2 games in and the Nuggets are already killing me. All those articles about the improved offense and Anthony's eagerness to take over the leadership mantle should have tipped me off

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old November 5th, 2006, 11:50 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles
So much for a 2-0 Orlando start. Iverson hit a shot with 2.2 seconds left to give Phili the win.

And the whole Francis trade to the Knicks - better the Knicks than the Magic. Stevie the "franchise".....more like Steve the "cancer".
We have both Starbury and The Franchise. I mean Stephon Marbury gave himself that name, c'mon. You can't give yourself a nickname. Especially when your not proven. I say both guys are team "cancers". I think they're both prime examples of spoiled NBA stars.

Yea, tough break on that Iverson shot. I only saw the highlights, but it's something he's familiar with. Say what you will about Iverson, but I don't know many guys in the NBA who play that hard night in and night out.
White boy Carver had an incredible shooting night and he just couldn't be stopped. The only reason he wasn't a factor at the end of the game was because he picked up foul #5 with 5 minutes left. But Iverson is amazing. For his height to be able to score over 30 consistently is just amazing. Next up for the Magic is Atlanta. 2-1, here we come....

For those about to scape, we salute you.

Old November 5th, 2006, 11:53 AM
something

noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby! noodles rolls all skulls baby!
Quote:

Chalk me up as a true fan also. I love that the Spurs are a team not a bunch of slamming individuals. Same reason I was pulling for Phoenix last year without Amare, they were playing great team ball.

This whole "team" concept is a big reason why so many players from overseas are in the NBA now and why Team USA can't seem to win anymore.

Old November 5th, 2006, 11:55 AM
something

Quote:
NY only has room for one NBA team, and that's the Knicks .
I'm not a fan of moving the Nets to Brooklyn either. That's almost as bad as moving the New Jersey Giants into Manhattan.

Old November 5th, 2006, 10:04 PM
something

Well.....missed freethrows and turnovers = loss. Chalk one up for Atlanta. Magic 1-2.

Old November 6th, 2006, 08:45 AM

Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness Uprising wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Quote:

Chalk me up as a true fan also. I love that the Spurs are a team not a bunch of slamming individuals. Same reason I was pulling for Phoenix last year without Amare, they were playing great team ball.

This whole "team" concept is a big reason why so many players from overseas are in the NBA now and why Team USA can't seem to win anymore.
I couldn't agree more. The Euro players come over with some good fundamentals and a knowledge of what team play is. I think it takes the USA players more time to develop and mature, if they ever do at all!
Old November 6th, 2006, 10:50 AM
something

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I couldn't agree more. The Euro players come over with some good fundamentals and a knowledge of what team play is. I think it takes the USA players more time to develop and mature, if they ever do at all!
Another big reason we can't win overseas in international competition is because we throw a team together at the last minute and just expect them to win on pure talent alone. The rest of the world has almost caught up to us and they certainly have better fundamentals. I think that what we did this year with the world championships was a great idea. We got a team together with Coach K and forced them to practice together for 2 months prior to the tourney and we did better but still lost but that has a lot to do with the fact that these international teams practice together for years. I think with Coach K and a continuing international team we should win the next one in 2 years but if we don't then we all just need to accept that we're not the best in basketball anymore...stop making excuses and start giving these other countries some props.

Old November 6th, 2006, 11:53 PM
something

Magic beat Washington...2-2.

Old November 7th, 2006, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Magic beat Washington...2-2.
Knicks are still rockin at 1-3. Our Starting freakin PG (Marbury) had 3 assists? Steve Nash dishes out more assists than that on the toilet. As a matter of fact, Tony Parker had 10 assists tonight. The WHOLE Knicks team had 12. What a joke.

Back to what your saying about Euros dominating international BB right now Noodles. I agree. We are getting beat in a sport in which we should DOMINATE in. I think we have WAY more raw but unrefined talent than those guys ever could. I don't think you'll ever see someone of Kobe's talent come from overseas. I'm not discrediting them, but they just don't have the raw talent imho. Dirk is pretty freakin good though.

I see the problem as inexperience and age. I mean, a lot of NBA players are young guys, 21,22,23. It seems all they care about is getting on SportCenter and Dunky BasketBall. I don't think the whole Team phase happens until they are in the league for some time if at all. Plus, trades are happening so often that a player never stays in one place to long, with the exception of Reggie Miller who refused to leave the Pacers, even after he was well past his prime. 18 years I think.

I'm adding this snipet in just to reiterate my point about this being Shaq's last year.

The Heat played without center Shaquille O'Neal, who bruised his left knee in Friday's win at New Jersey. O'Neal is day-to-day.

The guy gets hurt left and right and the smallest injuries put him out for a long time. I've never had a NBA type injury, sh*t I've never even broken a bone, but this guy is every other week.
Old November 7th, 2006, 12:29 AM

BTW, does anyone ever read Steve Kerr's columns on Yahoo Sports? I think he's right on with a lot of stuff. They're always a good read.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV