Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV
TV Not Heroscape-related.

Notices

Old June 16th, 2011, 06:23 PM

Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darth Vader wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: What's Your Favorite TV Show?

My favorites right now are:

The Office (US)
Seinfeld
Pawn Stars

Family Guy is growing on me, and when I need comedic relief from comedy, I like watching "Finding Bigfoot" on Animal Planet.

I encompass, and I eclipse.
Helm's Deep
My Maps
Embracing the Fun
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:07 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

I would say Law and Order SVU, Family Guy, and Lost before season 5
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:14 PM

Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker Wonderball68 knows what's in an order marker

Is anyone else here a fan of nbc's Community? If you're a fan of the office I highly recommend it.

My list, in no particular order:
The Office (US)
Community
King of Queens
Mythbusters
Old June 16th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Currently:
  • Top Gear (UK Version)
  • Big Bang Theory
  • The Mentalist
  • Two and a Half Men (I prefer the earlier episodes)
  • McLaughlin Group
Of all time:
  • Battlebots
  • Cheers
  • Seinfeld
  • Taxi
  • Junkyard Wars
  • Mash
  • Hogans Heroes
  • Get Smart
  • Batman (Adam West version)

Last edited by Rich10; June 17th, 2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old June 17th, 2011, 01:57 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
McLaughlin Group
I love McLaughlin Group, but I usually don't get to see it. It's funny how much better, funnier, and more entertaining this is than the hipper, copycat Politically Incorrect.

And I love Top Gear. Someday they should try to make a US version.
Old June 17th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Rich10 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Minivann View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich10 View Post
McLaughlin Group
I love McLaughlin Group, but I usually don't get to see it. It's funny how much better, funnier, and more entertaining this is than the hipper, copycat Politically Incorrect.

And I love Top Gear. Someday they should try to make a US version.
Top Gear (US) was a major disappointment. I stopped watching. I heard that it got better but I gave up on it. It shows how you need to need to have the right chemistry between the hosts of a show like this.

The McLaughlin Group is (IMHO) still the best (and most enjoyable) way to get a variety of views on political topics in 30 minutes.
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:11 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

South Park is the funniest show ever made...

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

As an old Firefly fan, just saw my first episode of Castle with Nathan Fillion. it was good TV; a special episode which went back and forth between modern day and 1947 film noir, with the cast playing both period roles and solving both period's mysteries in the end. There is a famous episode of this show also where NF wears his Firefly outfit--for Halloween:

"What are you supposed to be?"
"A space cowboy."
"Didn't you wear that five years ago?"
"I LIKE IT."
Old March 1st, 2012, 06:47 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Just finished watching the fourth season of The Big Bang Theory, which a pal got me on DVD. I had only seen a few episodes before this, so I enjoyed the geek madness. I especially love all the science fiction references. Several SF actors showed up as special guest stars too: Katie Sackhoff, George Takei, and Will Wheaton! If you get the DVDs you can also ready those white "vanity cards" producer Chuck Lorre posts after the credits, which only show up for one second on the screen when the episodes are broadcast. Some of these are funny too.
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:56 PM

nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness nate the dawg wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Wow...lots of good shows I've not seen in forever (or completely forgotten about!)...Let's see, currently I'm pretty into:

Walking Dead (some jerk at work has spoiled a lot of it for me)
Tosh.0 (one of the funniest clip-shows ever...if you can get past the intentional offensiveness)
South Park (as good as ever)
Dexter (lots of catch-up to do on this one)
Being Human (UK version...mostly watch it with the wifey)
The Inbetweeners (if you haven't seen it, you should)

All-time faves:

X-Files (will always have fond memories of it)
Firefly, Buffy, Angel (Whedon is the Man!)
Jeopardy (never miss a show)
The Price is Right (mmm...college chicks bouncing around excitedly...)
Transformers:Beast Wars (I'm surprised that this one doesn't get much love - the 3rd season was amazing)
That 70's Show (well, the first few seasons, anyway)
Ninja Warrior (I never get tired of watching it, even reruns)
Smallville (yep, very cheesy, but I love it)
Cheers (didn't everyone like Cheers?)

WORST. PALADIN. EVER.

Overall Tourney Record: ....I don't even remember anymore!
Old March 18th, 2012, 01:42 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate the dawg View Post
Transformers:Beast Wars (I'm surprised that this one doesn't get much love - the 3rd season was amazing)
Code of Hero is an amazing episode. Great show.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 08:40 AM

Just finished watching for the first time the entire first season of Game of Thrones! I was especially interested in the commentary by Martin himself, who is directing one episode per season.

I'm not watching the second season yet, being a refusenik about paying extra for "premium channels," but a pal told me a bit about what's going on--I read all the books last year, so I know what's going to happen. The interesting thing is that while the first season was pretty much the first book (or its greatest hits), it seems they are now heavily editing the series to get to the juicy parts much more quickly!

I just spent a "Westeros Weekend," reviewing the game BATTLES OF WESTEROS tactical game, so I can get back into it. Having all five expansions, I now have 26 scenarios and about 6 'skirmishes' (variable set up scenarios) to play. And the upcoming House Baratheon expansion will have more, including also the largest book battle (in three parts) and the multiplayer version. I've also played my GAME OF THRONES strategic board game once.

Last edited by chas; April 23rd, 2012 at 08:46 AM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Media > TV