Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software
Software Software created for enhancing HeroScape

Old October 9th, 2022, 02:08 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Ancient HeroScape Game Demo

Hey everybody, I recently remembered the old HeroScape game demo and wanted to show it to a buddy of mine for no good reason. I went through the Wayback Machine and found the old heroscape.com site, got to the demo, and couldn't play it because Flash is dead...

Does anyone have a workaround for this or is it sunk at this point? I don't wanna do anything crazy complicated, either. Using the Wayback Machine is about as advanced as my computer capabilities go.

Repaints My Maps Online Maps Customs
Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old October 9th, 2022, 08:23 PM

randum is surprisingly tart
Re: Ancient HeroScape Game Demo

Are you referring to this?
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=16931

I tried some add-ons but they didn't work. I haven't tried this yet, but if you search "Simple solution to use FLASH after January 12 2021" there is a portable version of Firefox someone made that might work for you. Since it's portable, you can simply delete the folder it's in and it's completely deleted from your computer. If you already have Firefox on your computer, just close that current version before opening this one.
Old October 10th, 2022, 01:23 PM
On vacation...

Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Dr.Goomonkey is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Thanks @randum ! I'll probably just edit this post once I've tried that and see if it works.

Q3C Custom Contests
How can you tell which kid at the playground is going to grow up to be a trombone player?
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN
Old October 10th, 2022, 04:17 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Goomonkey View Post
Hey everybody, I recently remembered the old HeroScape game demo and wanted to show it to a buddy of mine for no good reason. I went through the Wayback Machine and found the old heroscape.com site, got to the demo, and couldn't play it because Flash is dead...

Does anyone have a workaround for this or is it sunk at this point? I don't wanna do anything crazy complicated, either. Using the Wayback Machine is about as advanced as my computer capabilities go.
I recently tried to resurrect an old Flash for a client and there are a couple of options depending on the version they used to make it.

Try https://ruffle.rs/

And the associated Chrome extension: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...keojnmajbakjdc

Good luck!

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old October 11th, 2022, 10:51 PM
On vacation...

No luck with Ruffle or the weird old non-self-destructive Mozilla/Flash... I wonder if it's simply that the Wayback Machine's snapshot of the site does not include the game demo itself, since it does open awkwardly in a different window.

If anybody finds a way or happens to have the old demo saved somewhere I would love to see it, otherwise it looks like this was pretty much pointless.

Q3C Custom Contests
Spoiler Alert!
CoN is FuN

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Software