Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 1st, 2012, 08:41 PM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onacara View Post
My problem with teaching new player Scape is that 99% of the time thats all they want to play after when they come over meaning other games arent getting played
Sell your other games
A buyer of his collection would probably drool at the sight of it...

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:10 PM
has been BANNED

Onacara is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by B:T:L Matt View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My problem with teaching new player Scape is that 99% of the time thats all they want to play after when they come over meaning other games arent getting played
Sell your other games
...and would need a bigger truck to haul it away..plus they would probably be mauled by my wife trying to hug them for getting it all out of the house
Old February 1st, 2012, 09:49 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Yeah, games are kind of like crack. I keep wanting more even though it's tough to get the one's I've got on the table, and I'm sure my collection wouldn't make a dent in Onacara's

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:50 AM

Johngee has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahavice View Post
Stone Age
This was my first time playing this game F2F after logging about 10 games on BSW and Yucata. This was a 4-player game and the other 3 players had played it several times before. I had the most huts and civilization cards and lapped the field for an easy win. I had 227 and the 2nd place player only had 145. Very fun worker placement game.
We love Stone Age and we've played it a lot. Although it has a great Worker Placement Mechanic that requires "balance" to keep them fed, the secret to victory is in the Technology Cards for the End Game bonuses. I've seen too many players end up with many huts and NO Hut Builders (the log carriers) or the maximum number of people and NO Shamans, etc. My strategy is to get some of each, what ever the cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifstream View Post
I have been playing many games lately like ticket to ride and Thunderstone, but I have not played much Heroscap. The reason is because my friends do not like Heroscape; they love euro games. This March will be my one year anniversary in playing Heroscape. My collection sets on selves and not touched much. Just still one of the best games I own…I just do not get to play.
Ouch! ... Oh, I hear you my friend - I haven't played any games in over two weeks (and I'm feelin' the itch for my next fix of this socially acceptable form of "crack"). None of my family and closest friends like any kind of "war game" and my HUGE HS collection sits in bins stacked up to the ceiling. And I'm driving 2 - 3 hours to attend the nearest "local" tournaments once a month. And I've already built over 100 pre-arranged armies of 500 points each, of every race and general, just in case a bus load of kids show up at my front door (hehehe; - ) Maybe I should volunteer to host a cub-scout troop, in order to teach them 'Scape.

Member: Mid-Atlantic Region 'Scapers

"Strategy without tactics is the most circuitous route to victory, but great tactics without a strategy is just the cacophony before defeat." ~Sun Tzu 500 BCE
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:05 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Yeah, games are kind of like crack. I keep wanting more even though it's tough to get the one's I've got on the table, and I'm sure my collection wouldn't make a dent in Onacara's
Kind of?

I finally took the plunge and put all my Warhammer 40K stuff up for bid on ebay (search for seller nyys1 if interested, only about 10 hours left in all the auctions) and at the moment the total in bids will pay off my "nyys is responsible for the whole balance, the $$ for the 'house' does not pay this bill" credit card. So of course now I'm hoping that there is a feeding frenzy at the end so that the 'excess' funds can go into a CSI order.

I mean, it wouldn't make sense to pay off another bill... right?

-insert signature here-
Old February 2nd, 2012, 09:13 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
No, no, no. You must be rewarded (by that I mean reward yourself, because no one else will ) for such a sacrifice.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 10:31 AM

B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker B:T:L Matt knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I hear ya... I buy more than I actually have time to play. It's a sickness... I bet Onacara's collection trumps mine too.

Quote:
Quote:
Kind of?

I finally took the plunge and put all my Warhammer 40K stuff up for bid on ebay (search for seller nyys1 if interested, only about 10 hours left in all the auctions) and at the moment the total in bids will pay off my "nyys is responsible for the whole balance, the $$ for the 'house' does not pay this bill" credit card. So of course now I'm hoping that there is a feeding frenzy at the end so that the 'excess' funds can go into a CSI order.

Bills are overrated... When I sold all my D&D and Axis and Allies minis, I got around $460. Every single penny went into buying games, heh.

It takes a revolution to begin evolution...
www.myspace.com/theautimis - Check out the Heroscape inspired song, "Valhalla's On Fire" at this link!!! (lyrics included)
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm basically back-paying for 2 or 3 CSI orders with these auctions, so it's sort of the same... kinda.

Now that I've broken the ice and actually parting ways with some of my stuff (and, gasp, nothing bad happened to me ), I think I may be able to part with some of the mountain of Scape I have that is still in the packaging (like the 100+ boosters... I really am sick).

-insert signature here-
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:02 AM

ifstream Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sell your other games
...and would need a bigger truck to haul it away..plus they would probably be mauled by my wife trying to hug them for getting it all out of the house
Same with my wife, she will hug and kiss who ever takes away my games. She keeps telling me why have so many games that I cannot play.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:06 AM

ifstream Woo who?

Quote:
Quote:
I hear ya... I buy more than I actually have time to play. It's a sickness... I bet Onacara's collection trumps mine too.

Quote:
Quote:
Kind of?

Bills are overrated... When I sold all my D&D and Axis and Allies minis, I got around $460. Every single penny went into buying games, heh.
I am thinking of getting rid of my war hammer beastmen that I got just to paint. Also, I keep thinking of the stuff that can get paid off if I sell my Heroscape collection, but it is hard.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Heh. According to Boardgamegeek, I own 601 games, though that includes expansions...

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old February 2nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim View Post
Quote:
Heh. According to Boardgamegeek, I own 601, though that includes expansions...
I try VERY, VERY, hard to keep my collection around 100 just so I can try and play them all. I find if it starts getting too much over that, things just tend to sit. It's not easy but that's also one of the reasons I keep track of how many and what games I play. Just to keep myself...honest....I guess.

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games