Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old October 14th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

Reputation is a measure of each member's general merit, esteem, trustworthyness, character, respect, and level of contribution to the site. Reputation is given to each HSers member by other HSers members. It is a 'community-mediated' system for helping to recognize and reward the members of our community that contribute the most to making it strong.

All new members start from the same 'baseline', so to speak, of 0 (zero) reputation. As members receive positive feedback, or rep boons, from other members, their Reputation will increase. As Reputation rises, the little 'order markers' in the member's titlebar will become brighter green or even yellow, or more cards will be added, making it easy to spot community members with high Rep. When Reputation reaches certain benchmark levels (see below), those members will be given new Reputation Titles, which display when the mouse is rolled over the reputation markers in the member's titlebar.

If warranted, members can also receive negative feedback, or rep docks, for unhelpful posts, harrassing comments, spam, troll-feeding, flaming, violating forum policy, etc., which will reduce that member's Reputation and remove markers accordingly. Members with a negative total reputation will display rep markers that are red instead of green. These members should take red markers as a friendly warning that they should improve their behavior before they end up being ignored, ...or even banned.

So how exactly does it work? Easy - see that little 'scale' icon near the top-right of each post? ( ) That's the Reputation button. When you see a post that deserves positive recognition (helping out a newbie, solid contribution to the site, clever, insightful, heartfelt, upstanding, etc.), just click that button. The default "I approve" button will be highlighted, and you can add a comment (if desired) and click "Add to Reputation" to give that member a rep boon and increase their Reputation. It's that easy.

If a post is worthy of negative feedback (spam, flaming, unwarranted rudeness, etc.), Administrators and Site Supporters can also click the Reputation button, then select "I disapprove" before clicking "Add to reputation" to REDUCE that member's Reputation with a rep dock. (Note that this 'negative' option is only available to Site Supporters and Administrators.)

The 'fine print' details of the system:
  • Members may decide to show or hide their Reputation by toggling the "Show My Reputation Level" checkbox in the "Edit Options" section of thier "User CP". If members decide to hide their reputation, it will still be tracked by the system, and others may still make rep hits to that member, but only a single black marker and "This User's reputation is disabled" will show in the titlebar of their posts. If a member's Reputation total is negative, it cannot be hidden.
  • Users may only hit (boon or dock) 5 other members in a 24-hour period. This means that rep hits should be used sparingly, and only when warranted. If you logon and rep boon the first 5 posts you view, then you won't be able boon something really stellar when you find it later. Each member has only five hits a day - use them wisely. (Administrators are exempt from this restriction.)
  • Users must hit 15 different members before they may hit the same member again. That means that if you hit 'InfinityMax' with a boon for a fine game review this week, you won't be able to boon or dock IMax again until you have hit (booned or docked) 14 other members first. This prevents small circles of members from abusing the system, and encourages us all to 'spread the love'. ^_^
  • Users must have a minimum of 30 posts AND 20 reputation before their hits 'count' toward other member's totals. If you have less than these minimums, you can still give rep hits, but they won't actually count toward member totals (they add or subtract "0" points). You have to make your presence known here and gain a little respect before you can start molding the reputation of others.
  • The default Reputation level for every member at registration is zero (0). Site Supporters are given a one-time double-boon of 20 points the first time they become Site Supporters. Everybody starts from ground zero, ...unless you're willing to help pay the bills a little. ^_~
  • The Reputation Display Titles are just another measure of recognition. They do not confer any additional privilages or rewards (at the moment). The Titles are as follows (subject to change):
    • < -200 = Hammertime!
    • -200 = costs too much!
    • -10 = *glass shatters*
    • 0 = is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
    • 10 = Woo who?
    • 50 = is surprisingly tart
    • 200 = knows what's in an order marker
    • 600 = rolls all skulls baby!
    • 1200 = wears ripped pants of awesomeness
    • 2400 = is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
    • 4000 = is a penguin with a machine gun
    • 6000 = is hot lava death!
    • 8000 = is a man of the cloth
    • (Admin) = is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
  • The number of 'order markers' displayed by each member is also an indicator of their current Rep total, on the following scale:
    • = -200 (or less) Rep
    • = -199 to -1 Rep
    • = 0 Rep
    • = 1 to 199 Rep
    • = 200 to 399 Rep
    • = 400 to 599 Rep
    • = 600 to 799 Rep
    • = 800 to 999 Rep
    • = 1000 to 1599 Rep
    • = 1600 to 2199 Rep
    • = 2200 to 2799 Rep
    • = 2800 to 3399 Rep
    • = 3400 to 3999 Rep
    • = 4000 to 4999 Rep
    • = 5000 to 5999 Rep
    • = 6000 to 6999 Rep
    • = 7000 to 7999 Rep
    • = 8000 (or more) Rep
  • The amount of points that each member adds (or subtracts) from another member's Reputation with each boon (or dock) varies, based on a number of factors. This is a reflection of each member's general 'standing' in the community, and is refered to as a member's Reputation Power. Each boon increases the recipient's Rep by an amount equal to the giver's Power. A dock decreases the recipient's Rep by half of the giver's Power. Reputation Power is a base of 1 as soon as a member reaches the minimum use restrictions of 30 posts and 20 Reputation Points total. This base is further modified by the following bonuses:
    • for every 6 months since their registration, users gain 1 additional Power
    • for every 1600 posts made, users gain 1 additional Power
    • for every 400 Reputation Points a user has, he or she gains 1 additional Power
    Thus, a "hypothetical" user who has been here for 10 months (6x1), with 1900 posts (1600x1) and 60 rep of his own (400x0) will have a power of 3 (1+1+1+0). This user will add 3 points (or subtract 1 point) from other members' reputations with each hit. A stronger community member who has been here for 23 months (6x3), with 7697 posts (1600x4) and 30 rep of his own (400x0) will have a Power of 8 (1+3+4+0). He will add 8 (or subtract 4) points from other members' reputations with each hit. Administrators always have a Power of 10, with none of the above bonuses or restrictions.
  • The easiest way to see your own reputation, ...OR see all the docks or boons one of your own posts has received, ...is to click the Rep Button ( ) on one of your own posts. ...Your current Reputation Total, and all of your boons and docks for that post will be conveniently displayed.
That's it - everything you ever wanted to know about how our "Reputation System" works. That's not all there is to it, however. There is also a "Code of Conduct" governing the proper use of the Rep system, which is found in the next post...

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]

Last edited by LordRaidor; October 19th, 2009 at 12:17 PM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Admin & Retired PuppetMaster

LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer LordRaidor is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
REP Rules and Regulations

To help regulate how the Rep System SHOULD and SHOULD NOT be used, we have instituted the following "Reputation System Code of Conduct":

THE RULES:
  • DO NOT WHINE about Rep, in public posts or in PMs. A boon or dock left for you by someone else is just THEIR OPINION, and nothing else. Take it or leave it, but either way: MOVE ALONG. Don't clutter up our forums or inboxes with complaints about your neg Rep or lack of pos Rep - NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR IT. Whining about your Rep WILL result in punitive action being taken against you by the administration.
  • DO NOT reciprocate Rep, whether it's positive or negative. If you are given a boon or dock, DO NOT go hunt down the user that gave it to you and respond similarly. That user will be docked/booned by the community when they deserve it based on the merit of their posts or lack thereof, NOT based on your like or dislike of the Rep comment they left for you.
  • DO NOT Rep the same X people over and over again (i.e. form "reputation cliques"). Members caught giving Rep consistently all within the same 'group' of users will be punished.
  • DO NOT beg for Rep. It's just tactless. If you want Rep, make posts that contribute positively to the community, and you'll get it.
  • DO NOT "sell" Rep. Members are not allowed to offer Rep as 'prizes' in contests, or 'incentive' for responing to threads, or 'payment' for a favor, etc. Rep should be given freely when warranted by the post in question, not when 'bought' by predetermined acts of service.
  • DO NOT say anything in a Rep comment that wouldn't be allowed on the open forum. Rep comments are subject to the Forum Code of Conduct, just like PMs and open forum posts.
  • You may sign your name to any Rep comments you make, or leave them 'anonymous' if you choose, but DO NOT sign someone else's name or initials on one of your rep comments. This is no different than 'spoofing' or 'impersonating' another member's account, and could get you BANNED.
  • Finally, DO NOT take a Rep comment you received and post it in an open forum. If the person who left that comment wanted it public, they would have posted it as a reply in the thread in question. Rep comments should therefor be considered the same as PMs, and should be kept private.
  • Remember that when you grant Rep, you're saying that a particular POST is good, and when you dock rep, you're saying that a particular POST is bad. As a general guideline, if you're granting or docking a post that you really don't care about just to give or take some reputation to/from a user, you're probably doing something illegal.
ENFORCEMENT and CONSEQUENCES:
The administration will intermitently scan through recent Rep comments left throughout the site, and will fully review ALL Rep comments left by or for a specific member whenever it is deemed necessary or prudent. Such investigations may uncover infractions in the past which lead to punishment: there is NO "statute of limitations" on illegal rep behavior. In addition, any member who believes that an infraction of the above regulations has been committed can and should send their concerns and/or evidence in a PM to any Admin, and we will follow-up with a full investigation. For the first violation of any of the above regulations, an offending member will have HALF of their currnet Reputation permanently removed. If there is a subsequent second violation by that same member, their Reputation will be permanently reset to ZERO, and their ability to make Rep comments (give boons or docks) will be permanently removed. Repeated and/or severe abuses of the Reputation system may also be punishable by temporary or permanent BANNING from the site, solely at the descretion of the Administration.

Please enjoy the Rep System and use it responsibly. Thank you.

^_^
-The Management-

...Experience the Curse... (Click for Details)
[Don't Have 'Permission'? Click Here to Give Yourself Access...]

Last edited by LordRaidor; October 19th, 2009 at 12:22 PM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

Wow, down to Ripped Pants of Awesomeness but not too far from induction into the Halls of Valhalla! Thanks for the changeover, I have rep related goals once more.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old October 14th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Wow, down to Ripped Pants of Awesomeness but not too far from induction into the Halls of Valhalla! Thanks for the changeover, I have rep related goals once more.
Same here -- but I'm right in the middle of my "ripped pants" -- guess I'll get to wear them for a while.
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:16 AM
pretty princess pony precious power!

J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla J4Jandar is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I just put on my ripped pants of awesomeness and they are indeed awesome.
Old October 14th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Sandy 7-Up

RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness RabSheila wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I wish I really could roll all skulls, baby. (Except when defending. That would really stink)

Old October 14th, 2009, 07:36 AM
Pyro with a G-String

scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness scottishlad5 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Hey anyone else feeling abit drafty? Ah my pants are ripped!

Thanks LR, and others, your effort was much appreciated!

14568 wins, -3 losses.

Last edited by scottishlad5; October 14th, 2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

I was caught with my pants down....

I'm a F18, bro.
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:07 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'm in The Hall... woot!

-insert signature here-
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Midol, King of PMS

Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby! Oh Yeah! I'm Here rolls all skulls baby!

I have to go find a post by Revdyer!

I'm a F18, bro.
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:14 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Finally! The reform happened! I was wondering when it would happen.... I'm tart!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

This is a very interesting development. <laughing and laughing>

Unfortunately, at the moment, I don't get any title when I cursor over the boxes. <shrug>

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online