Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades
Sales and Trades A place for 'scapers to buy/sell/trade Heroscape-related stuff with each other

Notices

Old September 8th, 2016, 01:03 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Help with an estimate, please

Can anyone please give me an estimate of the value of a Heroscape collection? It is not complete, as we can't find most of the army cards from before Dungeons and Dragons. This means the Unique Heroes from classic HS are lacking cards, with the below noted exceptions.

Summary:
There are at least 4 of every set, possibly 5 or 6 of Castle.

No Tundra sets.

No Master Woo or Agent Skahen

I have extra cards for Aquilla's Alliance and Marvel, and Taelord's card. Of course, all D & D cards are present. Swarm of the Marro cards are there too.

Please reply here, as my inbox is almost full. I am trying to limit the sale of this to around the Pittsburgh area, but I am attempting to discern a value first. If someone doesn't want all of it, I can keep some of it for myself. I am selling this on behalf of a deceased friend's mother.

Thanks,

Matt
Old September 8th, 2016, 01:04 AM

soberman knows what's in an order marker soberman knows what's in an order marker
Re: Help with an estimate, please

Also included is a Samuel Brown repaint with printed card.
Old September 8th, 2016, 01:36 AM

darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker darius23__14 knows what's in an order marker

First of all I'm sorry about your loss and the situation it puts you in. Second of all is there any way that you can take pictures of all of the figures out on a table? Just saying 4 or 5 of each set isn't very helpful as even individual figures in each set itself have a different value as I'm sure you are aware. Although at the same time it sounds like a large collection so it might be too time consuming for you to take pictures but as of right now it doesn't seem like there is enough details to base an appraisal off of.
Old September 8th, 2016, 01:18 PM

I just want a general idea of the value. His mom just wants to get rid if it. She doesn't want to spend time selling it piecemeal on eBay. At the sane time, I don't want her to get ripped off. So, just a general idea. I was thinking she could just sell it for a quick $1,000, but that was before she could not find the cards. I can't convince her to wait until she finds them, because she just wants it gone. The figures are in storage boxes, sorted by unit. I may be able to take pictures of those, but going over to their house to set up photos of each squad would be too much. I will try. Anyhow, I just want a general idea of the value. Doing research would waste my time, because she just wants it gone.

Is $1,000 too high? Should I just sell Aquilla Alliance on eBay? What is the value with all the cards vs. without? Is it easier to just sell it as extras for someone who has a collection and wants more?

Really, I wish she would wait until she finds the cards. It would be easy to sell then. Do people want HS even without the cards?
Old September 8th, 2016, 01:31 PM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
I just want a general idea of the value. His mom just wants to get rid if it. She doesn't want to spend time selling it piecemeal on eBay. At the sane time, I don't want her to get ripped off. So, just a general idea. I was thinking she could just sell it for a quick $1,000, but that was before she could not find the cards. I can't convince her to wait until she finds them, because she just wants it gone. The figures are in storage boxes, sorted by unit. I may be able to take pictures of those, but going over to their house to set up photos of each squad would be too much. I will try. Anyhow, I just want a general idea of the value. Doing research would waste my time, because she just wants it gone.

Is $1,000 too high? Should I just sell Aquilla Alliance on eBay? What is the value with all the cards vs. without? Is it easier to just sell it as extras for someone who has a collection and wants more?

Really, I wish she would wait until she finds the cards. It would be easy to sell then. Do people want HS even without the cards?
First, cards may not mean a whole lot. Cards are easy to print out or make on Arts Cow. The thing working against you is that right now is a buyer's market. I haven't seen a lot of sets moving recently. You may get less than you would have a year ago.

RotV are tough to sell at $30
SotM may go for $45
Underdark - $100 (?)
Forest - $45
Castle - $30
VW - $40
TJ - $75
AA - $200+ (this is where the money really is)

I'd use that to give you a rough order of magnitude of what you can expect to get. Only with a full inventory can you get a better answer. And, as with all bulk purchases, shipping will be costly and people will expect a discount the more they buy.
Old September 9th, 2016, 04:11 AM

Thanks. Any ideas about the rough value of the squads? Is there a thread to discuss it?
Old September 9th, 2016, 11:47 AM

SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker SpriteMichaeler knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by soberman View Post
Thanks. Any ideas about the rough value of the squads? Is there a thread to discuss it?
Squads/Heroes will range from worthless @ $1-2 each to valuable $50. The only real way to know how much those are worth is to have a decent inventory. If you've got stuff like Templar Knights, Knights of Weston, and anything Wave 9, those are some of the most valuable pieces are.
Old September 9th, 2016, 03:13 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

Based on the information you have given us (4 or 5 of each set, and I'm assuming you mean figure sets), $1,000 is most definitely NOT too high. Why don't you take the stuff off her hands (thus getting it gone), wait for her to find the cards, then sell it and give her the money?
Old September 10th, 2016, 03:35 PM

I could run it by her, but I am not even sure where I would store it. Maybe there's room in the garage? Thanks for the suggestions, all.
Old September 26th, 2016, 11:54 AM
Second Highest Poster

happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness happyjosiah wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Sorry to hear that, Matt. I am local if I can be of any help, but I'm not really looking to buy, at least in that magnitude.

I think fronting her the $1000 and selling it off yourself might be the way to go. Aquilla's Alliance and D&D Master sets ought to be sold off individually. If you end up making more money off it than you feel comfortable with for your time and post office trips, you can always pay her the difference afterwards.

Looking for a way to get casual players involved in Heroscape? Do your opponents lack the interest or knowledge to build/draft their own armies? If so, check out Project 500!
Old October 17th, 2016, 02:34 AM

Sure Josiah, I remember you. You totally killed me with Anubian Wolves at Brad's Melee tourney in your upper church youth area.

And Brian, the deceased was there two. He won the Race for the Galaxy Card Game, IIRC. We never played it. I wasn't interested in that game's visual language. I do own Roll now.

I get that it could be a good idea to take it off her hands, but I haven't the money or storage space.

Thanks, though. Maybe ask around, but I'm about to post in the Western PA forums.
Old October 22nd, 2016, 01:44 AM

Just wanted to make sure everyone understands that I am simply taking offers. $1000 is probably a starting bid. The best way to send me an offer is via text message, as I don't check into here too often. 412-551-1936. As for a precise inventory, I do not have the stuff on hand, so it is difficult. If someone doesn't want all of it, I will be allowed by the family to keep whatever I want, so you may be able to lower the price that way. I would mainly like a 4th of most squads, as I generally only bought 3X each, with several exceptions like zombies, orcs, and venocs, etc. I could live with another forest or jungle set, but that is optional.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Sales and Trades