Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Old January 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Your REPUTATION and You (Pt.2)

Minor but interesting brag: I am now a Man of the Cloth.

What is the absolute coolest thing, though, is the way in which it happened.

I'd noticed I was at 7,997 rep points, so I only needed 3 more.

And for what do I get them?

The tournament announcement linked in my sig. The boon came from a relative newcomer, someone I've never met, and the full text of his comment was "tournament." That was it. He didn't even sign it (apparently didn't know as a Mod I could see...).

Those who have been around for awhile (or those in the C3V) know how I feel about competitive 'Scape. I was so touched to get that boon, and as far as I'm concerned those tournament announcements are my single biggest contributions to the hobby.

So thanks, almost-anonymous tipster, and thank you all gentle readers for tolerating my little brag here in this out-of-the-way corner of the forum.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Chewer of Cats

akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness akden wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

The tournament announcement linked in my sig. The boon came from a relative newcomer, someone I've never met, and the full text of his comment was "tournament." That was it. He didn't even sign it (apparently didn't know as a Mod I could see...).

Those who have been around for awhile (or those in the C3V) know how I feel about competitive 'Scape. I was so touched to get that boon, and as far as I'm concerned those tournament announcements are my single biggest contributions to the hobby.

So thanks, almost-anonymous tipster, and thank you all gentle readers for tolerating my little brag here in this out-of-the-way corner of the forum.
Congrats for the priestly promotion! Does this mean you can "lay on hands" and heal my dice when they become possessed by the evil blank-rolling spirits? I've been in need of something like that for awhile...
Old January 1st, 2013, 10:41 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

I can try in February, buddy, if you're hurting.

If we're both in the hunt you're on your own.

= =
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:59 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth

Quote:
I am now a Man of the Cloth.
Welcome to the order. <smile>
Old January 2nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
I reserve my inappropriate love for Heroscape.

Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gurei-Ornery is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
I am now a Man of the Cloth.
Almost six years to the day since you joined. What, you couldn't wait a couple of days to be awesome again?

Congratulations. Oh and does this mean you can officially unite Stephen and me in holy Scapemony?
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:

Congrats, D_S!

Glad to see you join the ranks of: Rev, Dok, Mmrig1, R˙chean, and Jexik!

*Sigh* I still have 6400 more rep points to go.

Last edited by Joseph Sweeney; January 2nd, 2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Oops, left out Mmrig1 and R˙chean
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:58 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

I think the complete list of people with >8000 rep points right now--The Fab Five if you will--is 1Mmirg, IAmBatman, dok, Dad_Scaper, and of course Revdyer.

Congrats, D_S!

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Enjoy the Sausage

Good lord, I am not worthy.

Thanks for the kind words, all.

The funny thing about rep is it hardly ever comes from the posts that require the most work or I'm most proud of. Except, in this case, it did, which is why I was so touched.

= =
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:52 AM
...continue to abuse you with my mod powers (until Jim bans me).

Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun Joseph Sweeney is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Sweeney View Post

I think the complete list of people with >8000 rep points right now--The Fab Five if you will--is 1Mmirg, IAmBatman, dok, Dad_Scaper, and of course Revdyer.

Congrats, D_S!
Yes, you are quite right. I just went and looked at Jexik and R˙chean, they are both Hot Lave Death.

Xorlof, what in the blazes are you at -- Hot Lava Death?
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:26 PM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth

Congrats D_S, I'm only 1064 points away from earning my collar

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:02 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

I think there's a fine line between addressing Neg-Rep, and whining about it. Whining comes across like, "Really? You gave me neg-rep for that?", addressing doesn't.

I don't think it's a bad thing to address neg-rep. It sucks trying holding it in when you feel like "WTF was that for?", but if you address it in the right way, I don't think it's whining.

I'm not bringing this up because of what my @$$ has been through today, but because of multiple other times (and today) I see the same thing.
Old January 5th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I only rarely dock people, but you deserved it. I see you still don't understand, judging by this post and your other. But I did my very best to explain it to you.

Oh well.

Regardless, the forum is a better place because people *do not discuss docks.* Just don't. It looks like whining because it is whining.

A dock is a private reprimand intended to be private. If it helps you, great, if not, ignore it.

Just keep it to yourself.

= =

Last edited by Dad_Scaper; January 5th, 2013 at 11:19 PM. Reason: the message in the dock and 5 pms and still not enough. sigh.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online