Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Old March 25th, 2010, 10:01 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I could beat that army! - Theoryscape Challenge W/Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killometer View Post
Because no opponent in their right mind would allow it, this will probably stay strictly Theory, but imagine a game where you got to see the army you would be facing before you built your own army. How quickly do you think that you could obliterate your foe? In the interest of seeing what people put together I submit this challenge: build an army of 500 points and 24 hexes that can beat the most recently posted army as easily as possible. Feel free to include any specific strategies that you would use as well. And please quote the army you are focusing on, in case other posts show up between yours and theirs. Also, Aldin reminded me that there are a few well known "rock-paper-scissors" counter-army builds, but ideally they won't be rehashed too many times here (it wouldn't be much fun to read the same 3 armies over and over and over as they infinitely counter one another. )
I am starting this thread to achieve the same idea as Killometer's Original thread. But now this same Theoryscape Challenge will have maps! I will start off by posting a map from the BOV. You guys then post your armies. The point here is to bring in the aspects of picking an army to be effective on the map. Every time this thread has reached 5 pages I will post a new map and update this post with the new map.

I will get the ball rolling

4th Mass x3 210
Charos 420
Thorgrim 500

Last edited by chief; March 25th, 2010 at 11:33 PM.
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:31 AM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: I could beat that army! - Theoryscape Challenge W/Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief View Post
Quote:
Because no opponent in their right mind would allow it, this will probably stay strictly Theory, but imagine a game where you got to see the army you would be facing before you built your own army. How quickly do you think that you could obliterate your foe? In the interest of seeing what people put together I submit this challenge: build an army of 500 points and 24 hexes that can beat the most recently posted army as easily as possible. Feel free to include any specific strategies that you would use as well. And please quote the army you are focusing on, in case other posts show up between yours and theirs. Also, Aldin reminded me that there are a few well known "rock-paper-scissors" counter-army builds, but ideally they won't be rehashed too many times here (it wouldn't be much fun to read the same 3 armies over and over and over as they infinitely counter one another. )
I am starting this thread to achieve the same idea as Killometer's Original thread. But now this same Theoryscape Challenge will have maps! I will start off by posting a map from the BOV. You guys then post your armies. The point here is to bring in the aspects of picking an army to be effective on the map. Every time this thread has reached 5 pages I will post a new map and update this post with the new map.

I will get the ball rolling

4th Mass x3 210
Charos 420
Thorgrim 500
160 Sonlen
100 Syvarris
100 Kozuke
80 Raelin
40 Deathreavers
20 Kyntela

I'd send Deathreavers out to both glyphs, to take height at the corners, and slow up the enemy a little. Then I'd try to set up my elves across water from the 4th to take advantage of Syvarris' range advantage. If anyone gets too close, Kozuke charge. Sonlen heals Syvarris and swoops Charos.
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:00 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

My 1st thougt was 4th as well, though a pod of RotV Raelin + the Krav on that 1st hill by the start zones would be pretty deadly.

Raelin (rotv) - 80
Krav - 100
Microcorp x3 - 300
Marcu - 20
500 - 14 hexes

The Micros can jump on that 1st hill as well, and Raelin never has to move at all from here initial start zone position.

Sit and wait.

-insert signature here-
Old March 26th, 2010, 02:30 PM

RattyZ is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Raelin (rotv) - 80
Krav - 100
Microcorp x3 - 300
Marcu - 20
500 - 14 hexes
You've triggered my Trap Car-

wait a sec.

Versus this delightful army, I think I'd have to go with...

Phantom Knights x5 350
Torin 470
Drow Chainfighter 495

PK's are a great match up for Krav and Microcorp, Torin is a great defensive / offensive force for so many Small/Medium units. Evil eye is a bonus.

Chainfighter to grab key figures off elevation or into Torin / PKs.

Really all you'd need would truly be PK's x 7 and Isamu, but I like Torin's potential range deterrent.
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:09 PM

zcythe is surprisingly tart

How about,

x2 Minions -220
Braxes -430
Izuma Samurai-490
Isuma -500

Braxes comes in on a suicide mission to kill the knights. The minions and samurai are on clean up duty.

I'm not a schemer, I show schemers how pathetic there attempts to control things really are.
~The Joker
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:08 PM

chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness chief wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcythe View Post
How about,

x2 Minions -220
Braxes -430
Izuma Samurai-490
Isuma -500

Braxes comes in on a suicide mission to kill the knights. The minions and samurai are on clean up duty.
Brandis 90
Air E x3 180
Omnicron x1 280
Taelord 460
Theracus 500

Fly out Brandis to kill braxas. Use Aire E to finish her off if need be, then use them to make a wall on top of those hills that will take over 1 whole round to by-pass. Use brandis and snipers to pick em off. If the Air E get killed just snipe em all.
Old March 27th, 2010, 01:59 AM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:

Brandis 90
Air E x3 180
Omnicron x1 280
Taelord 460
Theracus 500
KoW x3
Finn
Raelin
AE
Marcu
500/19

Bacon-wrapped Knights slow-(veeery slow, thanks to the hills)-roll to the Omni pod. They get bogged down by the Air Elementals, but 6 Defense should keep most of them alive for quite a while and once they get adjacent they should chop them down pretty quick. Finn goes on the AE when he eventually dies. AE Drop in behind the Airs and shoot everyone.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Brandis 90
Air E x3 180
Omnicron x1 280
Taelord 460
Theracus 500
KoW x3
Finn
Raelin
AE
Marcu
500/19

Bacon-wrapped Knights slow-(veeery slow, thanks to the hills)-roll to the Omni pod. They get bogged down by the Air Elementals, but 6 Defense should keep most of them alive for quite a while and once they get adjacent they should chop them down pretty quick. Finn goes on the AE when he eventually dies. AE Drop in behind the Airs and shoot everyone.
Nilf 185
Zelrig 370
Greater Ice 500
6 spaces
Use Nilf to tie up the KoW and take some out. Then Zelrig Targets the rest and raelin. Ignore Throgrim. Then use Zelrigh and GI to finish em up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion