Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 13th, 2020, 07:47 PM

SirMarc is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Question Heroscape Wargame

Hello,
I just started playing heroscape again after 10 or so years in storage. Now I have a basement table that I can dedicate to the game.
I am wondering if anyone is having an issue when playing with armies at are over 500 points? Using the numbered shields (1,2&3)and the x shield is great for small games but for larger scale games it makes the game hours to move your units.
I have a lot of figure and some of the online displays are massive and would take dozen of turns to traverse. so here is my question..

Question: Has anyone played a game with modified rules for larger armies?

I was going to try to have more shields to place on the cards (number the Shields 1 through 6) so that we are not rolling for initiative so much.

But this won't really change the problems when I am playing with more units. Is there a modication where all units move in a turn? then your opponent moves their units? more like other wargames.

Reading this you might say.."just play another game" Perhaps but I really like the heroscape units, the abilities and characters.

Just looking for some one who may have had this issue..Thanks.
Old December 13th, 2020, 10:25 PM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Heroscape Wargame

I believe @TREX has a variant that he uses for larger games that is more similar to traditional board games. I haven't tried it personally (I usually play smaller point games so haven't needed a change), but looked at the rules and definitely would (had a group of college friends interested in trying it, but I moved before we did and I'm not sure if they've done it since then). If I remember correctly it was something like all figures get to take a movement turn, but then figures with Order Markers take an actual turn, or something like that. He could explain it better than I.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old December 13th, 2020, 11:01 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

I have a pdf full of rules variants that have been played and tested over a few years.It is called Heroscape unleashed. Its in my signature below every one of my posts. My latest version hant been fully added to the full pdf. Its called heroscape legions. Have fun with it and feel free to ask any questions if needed.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old December 14th, 2020, 02:59 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Depends on how many squads you're running. It's higher figure counts that slow down games, not higher points. I regularly run all hero teams at 1,000 points in an hour or less.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old December 19th, 2020, 06:18 AM
Baron of Beantown V

Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun Cleon is a penguin with a machine gun

You could just play so that the first round each player can move all units for each order marker, then after that play normally, if the map is huge. Or every turn you can move 2 different units, but only attack with the one that has the order marker.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 08:16 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Way back, not too long after Scape came out, I played with what were then "all" my units which I had at the time, on a large board. I just let all of one side's units move and then the other's. Rather than using Order Markers at all, I just put down poker chips when a unit had moved. It was fun, although not totally satisfying.

If I were to do it again, I'd play with a limited number of points, and alternate perhaps five units on each side per turn. Checking out the T-Rex rules noted above would certainly be a good start. Eventually you'll probably amend them to your own liking.

The great thing about Heroscape is that its a platform that will take all kinds of modification. For some examples, you can look at my gang's 13 years of Scaping monthly, as noted in our thread linked in my own signature line below.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion