Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Notices

Old June 25th, 2022, 06:54 AM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Fan Fic Contest - Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAverageFan View Post
Hmm, well unless anyone else comes swooping in I'll check it out, give you my thoughts, and then you have the next prompt, EL.

~TAF
Ha, go for it. We’re passed the deadline I think. I’d like to challenge TGRF to battle though. Been a while since he and I crossed wits.

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 25th, 2022, 07:27 AM
Competitive Fan Fiction Champion & Grade A Meme CoNtributor

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Writing Is Good

Well you did a good job, following up on the very first winner on the thread no less. Managed to add a twist to the original story and why misfortune seemed to follow the protagonist.

We'll see if anyone else wants one last crack at the prompt for the heck of it, but otherwise as far as I'm concerned you can throw out a new one whenever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysole
Good to see movement. You probably won't see me over here much though. My writing interests have moved elsewhere.

~Dysole, hoping y'all have fun without her
Even a rare appearance every now and again would be welcome; your character-writing remains superb (and also there doesn't seem to be much opportunity to flex some Heroscape creativity through CoN storytelling / RPs these days).

~TAF

TAF was the Storyteller...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT

Old June 25th, 2022, 12:45 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I appreciate the compliments TAF. I just don't really have any desire to explore this particular world in writing. It was definitely fun and I had a great time, but like I said my interests have migrated elsewhere. Y'all keep up your good work.

~Dysole, appreciatively
Old June 28th, 2022, 01:04 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Hmm, well unless anyone else comes swooping in I'll check it out, give you my thoughts, and then you have the next prompt, EL.

~TAF
Ha, go for it. We’re passed the deadline I think. I’d like to challenge TGRF to battle though. Been a while since he and I crossed wits.
I won't be submitting anything for this challenge. I have the same issue I did before, where I can't find someone else's work which gives me ideas for a sequel/prequel.

I say let the prompt fly.

~TGRF.
Old June 28th, 2022, 03:28 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~TAF
I won't be submitting anything for this challenge. I have the same issue I did before, where I can't find someone else's work which gives me ideas for a sequel/prequel.

~TGRF.
Well, I challenge you to a writing match. One for the good ole days.

Hey TAF. Give us a new prompt as soon as this uppity writer picks up the gauntlet :P

Old June 29th, 2022, 01:20 PM

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Quote:
Quote:

~TAF

~TGRF.
Well, I challenge you to a writing match. One for the good ole days.

Hey TAF. Give us a new prompt as soon as this uppity writer picks up the gauntlet :P
No promises. But anything is possible with a new prompt. Give us a prompt TAF, I need the practice.

~TGRF.
Old June 29th, 2022, 04:57 PM

TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TheAverageFan is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
The Prompt

Quote:
Two units who would otherwise hate each other are forced to work together. The hatred can be as general as a Jandarian and an Utgarian or more backstory-based such as a Marro/Gorillanator, an Elf/Wolf, 4th Mass/10th Reg, Finn/Valguard, or Raelin/Runa. And so on and so forth. There should be a lot to choose from.

What is causing them to team up is up to you: anything from a cataclysmic event to the Alliance choosing poorly on who to send on the same mission.
Word limit 10000. Let me know if that's been done too recently and I can reroll it.

~TAF

Edit: the deadline is also now ∞, obviously

Old June 29th, 2022, 09:32 PM

Re: The Prompt

Quote:
Quote:
Two units who would otherwise hate each other are forced to work together. The hatred can be as general as a Jandarian and an Utgarian or more backstory-based such as a Marro/Gorillanator, an Elf/Wolf, 4th Mass/10th Reg, Finn/Valguard, or Raelin/Runa. And so on and so forth. There should be a lot to choose from.

What is causing them to team up is up to you: anything from a cataclysmic event to the Alliance choosing poorly on who to send on the same mission.
Word limit 10000. Let me know if that's been done too recently and I can reroll it.

~TAF

Ha, this should be fun. Thanks

Old June 30th, 2022, 02:24 PM

Re: The Prompt

Quote:
Quote:

~TAF

I'll see what I can come up with. Do we need to use existing units or are we free to make up our own?

~TGRF.
Old June 30th, 2022, 05:10 PM

You can make up your own.

~TAF

Old June 30th, 2022, 09:24 PM

Pre-Write complete. Where are you at my avant-garde adversary? @The Grim Reaper's Friend

Old July 1st, 2022, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Pre-Write complete. Where are you at my avant-garde adversary? @The Grim Reaper's Friend
Almost done assembling it. Planning on writing the outline today and whacking out some final issues.

~TGRF.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction