Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Notices

Old July 21st, 2019, 10:22 AM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Why Are People Still Playing Q9?

Why do people still play Major Q9? This makes no sense to me. He's 180 points and very good, but why get only one A+ figure when you can get two for the price of one? Hatamato Taro and Marro Warriors are both A+s, and you can get BOTH for the price of Major Q9.

Seriously, if you bring Major Q9, you should stop and ask yourself, "Why do I hate making correct choices? What am I doing with my life?"
Old July 21st, 2019, 11:36 AM

DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker DoomCarrot knows what's in an order marker
Re: Why Are People Still Playing Q9?

The real question is why draft Q9 when you can draft 7 dumutef guards instead
Old July 21st, 2019, 01:12 PM
PuppetMaster & #2 Ranked CoNner

Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Dysole is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
#noflaws

What you need to do is pair him up with obsidians. Foolproof strategy. No one will see it coming.

~Dysole, queglixing behind a wall of magna
Old July 21st, 2019, 01:16 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCarrot View Post
The real question is why draft Q9 when you can draft 7 dumutef guards instead
That's a crucial point that many people don't seem to realize. Q9 has what, 9 attack dice per turn?

If you take 7 Dumutef Guards, each has 4 attack dice. That's 28 attack dice, a full 19 more than you would get by taking Q9. But the math doesn't stop there. No, if you can put the Dumutefs on road, then you get a whopping 35 attack dice!

Pair them with the excellent Shades of Bleakewoode for the powerful Devourer Attack Enhancement synergy and you've got yourself a top-tier army. What can even stand against 35 attack dice? The Fortress Door?

Really, I'm shocked that the meta hasn't developed to this level yet.
Old July 21st, 2019, 06:05 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I didn’t come in this thread expecting this.

I just find his special attack fun. I don’t mind sacrificing that for 18 Nagrubs.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:53 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!

Old July 22nd, 2019, 04:12 AM
Hard as ice

Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death! Lazy Orang is hot lava death!

Yeah, he's really not worth it, is he? I mean, the SA's nice, but Moriko's is almost the same and she leaves you 70 points left. 70 Points! That's enough for Shiori and Otonashi! Women ninjas unite!

My Family's Classic Customs
- The Stiff Corpse
=====================
Old July 22nd, 2019, 06:03 AM

Lumovanis Woo who?

Because I like watching the guy with 6+ defense dice having to pick up and roll six plus dice to my one, 9 times in a row (and it feels extra bad whiffing that defense roll).
Old July 22nd, 2019, 07:49 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumovanis View Post
Because I like watching the guy with 6+ defense dice having to pick up and roll six plus dice to my one, 9 times in a row (and it feels extra bad whiffing that defense roll).
Or you could play Russian Ruolette with 9 venoc vipers (without any defence buff).

Long live heroscape
Old July 22nd, 2019, 07:51 AM

The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker The Long eared bat knows what's in an order marker

How sad would it be if you blanked every time against 9 vipers. oops didn't mean to post twice.

Long live heroscape
Old July 22nd, 2019, 11:05 AM
Usurper of Shenanigans (but only 10 points under)

BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun BiggaBullfrog is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Long eared bat View Post
How sad would it be if you blanked every time against 9 vipers. oops didn't mean to post twice.
@TREX once blanked against my Vipers 13 times in a row with Q9, so obviously he's just overrated.

I mean, he did end up winning anyway, but I think that had more to do with having DW8K in his army than Q9.

Monthly Utah Tournaments in SLC!!
Maps | Customs | Battle Reports
10 Points Under Videos

"I'll save myself some time and say I pretty much 100% agree with Bigga" ~Flash_19
Old July 22nd, 2019, 12:43 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Why play Major Q9 when Major Q10 is available?

Simple math shows 10 > 9, and he costs a whole 30 points less!

Why would anyone pay 30 points more for 1 less?

In fact, from an efficiency standpoint, Q9 costs 20 points per 'Q' while Q10 costs only 15 points per 'Q' - he's 25% more efficient!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion