Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old July 10th, 2019, 09:59 AM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth
Re: Frostgrave, Halo Ground Command and other tabletop minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
I don't know anything about Call to Arms for The Walking Dead. I won't be getting it regardless, as I am starting to cull some of my gaming collection. I'm getting rid of my Rumbleslam stuff, Infinity stuff and Guild Ball. Some terrain kits I haven't had time to mess with I'm selling to my buddy Chris. I cancelled some preorders for Legion as well, so the downed AT-ST, Bossak and Sabine will be the last Legion models I'll be getting.
My group has been looking for a Zombie Miniatures game that's fun to play, has campaign rules, and allows player to create their characters. We've toyed around with adding campaign rules to the previous Mantic Walking Dead ruleset, but my group hasn't bought into the rule system entirely.

I've also been purging my collection (just sold another batch of stuff for $500). While some games had their moment in the sun, the collection was starting to stress me out (gotta store it, not played enough, just sits there)

My group is down to playing SuperHeroscape (Hellfire house rules), Star Wars Legion and X-Wing (2nd), Dungeon and Dragons Scape (again, Hellfire house rules), with occasional board games. I've run some Imperial Assault tournaments and my group enjoys that game, but they were disappointed by FFG's announcement that nothing new is coming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma
A knight for use in Rangers of Shadow Deep or Frostgrave.
The knight looks great; I've heard good things about Rangers of Shadow Deep.

I have Song of Ice and Fire miniatures, Hate, Batman Gotham City Chronicles on the paint table and need to start painting Bones 4 and Mythic Battles after that. Almost all these minis will get converted rules to games we're playing.
Sounds like a fun group Hellfire. I don't have a group per se that plays minis games regularly, mostly a couple guys here and there thay I get games in on occasion. I used have a group that I'd try to get several people to play at a monthly Saturday event , but that has kind of slipped away over the past several months. I also have to keep the gaming and hobbying on a lower scale, as it has caused problems with my wife, so adjustments had to be made.

You have a lot of games to paint up. But it's cool that you are planning on using them for other things as well. That has been working well for me with Frostgrave and Rangers of Shadow Deep, where I can use the same minis on both games, as well as using a lot of Heroscape minis for both games.

I also have terrain that I use for different games. Some modern and post apocalyptic stuff can be used for The Walking Dead All Out War, The Drowned Earth and Fallout Wasteland Warfare. Then I have a lot of generic stuff for any game.

Thanks with regards to the knight. He was fun to paint. And yeah, Rangers is a cool game. It's nice for solo or co-op and has a neat story to it.

It does get overwhelming with how much stuff we collect, right? I need to list more stuff on ebay, it's just a pain but needs to get done.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old July 10th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Here you go @TREX

Old July 10th, 2019, 09:05 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

@Hahma . Yeah. I actually have seen some complete red ones as galactic empire troopers called magma troopers. There are also completely black ones called shadow troopers, not sure if I want to go that route because I already have 3 squads of black deathtroopers, also theres another one called incinerator troopers that has slightly different red markings than the shock troopers. Im debating the options now as I paint another storm trooper squad. Since they are primed white its super easy to make them regular stormy paint jobs but it would look cool to have some variants. Maybe 2 shock trooper squads and 2 incinerator trooper squads, and 4 regular stormy squads. Heres a google image i had been referencing.
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=is...kBavumBJo_X9EM

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old July 10th, 2019, 10:27 PM
Prickly Cactus

Cool. Lots of options for sure.

Old July 11th, 2019, 12:43 AM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
I also have to keep the gaming and hobbying on a lower scale, as it has caused problems with my wife, so adjustments had to be made.

It does get overwhelming with how much stuff we collect, right? I need to list more stuff on ebay, it's just a pain but needs to get done.
Understandable adjustment ... I've been lucky in this regard. While my wife has not been as into the miniatures games, she has gotten really into a number of fun board games and loves painting the miniatures, which doubles the pace at which I can get painted minis to the table.

I've been selling off and on thru Ebay and locally thru Facebook Marketplace (popular around here) ... When Ebay proves to be less than profitable (due to shipping or other issues), I've had positive trade-ins with Noble Knight Games (they pay for the shipping and increases our net gain compared to selling on Ebay ... and it's quick).
Old July 11th, 2019, 06:50 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Quote:
I also have to keep the gaming and hobbying on a lower scale, as it has caused problems with my wife, so adjustments had to be made.

Understandable adjustment ... I've been lucky in this regard. While my wife has not been as into the miniatures games, she has gotten really into a number of fun board games and loves painting the miniatures, which doubles the pace at which I can get painted minis to the table.

I've been selling off and on thru Ebay and locally thru Facebook Marketplace (popular around here) ... When Ebay proves to be less than profitable (due to shipping or other issues), I've had positive trade-ins with Noble Knight Games (they pay for the shipping and increases our net gain compared to selling on Ebay ... and it's quick).
Thanks for the tip regarding Noble Knight Games, I may have to check that out in a pinch, though I'm not looking to get more board games in return. This past February, I did donate some games to be part of prize support for a local convention that raises money for veterans. I may do that again with some stuff, as at some point, it becomes too much hassle to try to sell a lot of games that won't bring much in return. I have also used FB marketplace before and may try that again too.

My wife hates games. And part of her issue stems back to my days with C3G and how obsessive I was in working there back in the day. From taking pictures of minis, to playtesting, to being on the computer so much for design and discussion. It pretty much made a negative impact on things on the homefront. So I have to reign myself in now and again when I get involved in hobby and game stuff. I was getting to involved with the painting, so I have slowed it down and kept it to certain times of morning or night.

Old July 11th, 2019, 11:33 AM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the tip regarding Noble Knight Games, I may have to check that out in a pinch, though I'm not looking to get more board games in return. This past February, I did donate some games to be part of prize support for a local convention that raises money for veterans. I may do that again with some stuff, as at some point, it becomes too much hassle to try to sell a lot of games that won't bring much in return. I have also used FB marketplace before and may try that again too.

My wife hates games. And part of her issue stems back to my days with C3G and how obsessive I was in working there back in the day. From taking pictures of minis, to playtesting, to being on the computer so much for design and discussion. It pretty much made a negative impact on things on the homefront. So I have to reign myself in now and again when I get involved in hobby and game stuff. I was getting to involved with the painting, so I have slowed it down and kept it to certain times of morning or night.
My wife also hates gaming. Its not from me hobbying so much, though if I get to caught up in the shop building terrain and painting models excessively she gets a bit agitated. She will only play relatively simple party games when we have friends over. Ive thought about cutting the board game and miniature game collection down but Im just not sure what I want to scrap yet. I have a bunch of games that I just havent got to try out yet and would like to try them before scrapping them. Others I plan on getting to eventually with the brush and playing but I totally relate to excessive hobby things being a source of stress. I find when that happens I start giving away stuff as well.
@Hahma , after looking over all the extra stuff you have to pick up for the new walking dead version I think I too will pass on it. I think the only game Ill continue to pick up boosters for will be star wars legion. That is because Im a fan of how its played, can use all my terrain with it, and really enjoy starwars and painting those minis. Ive been on the fence lately about thinning my heroscape collection as well but cant pull that trigger yet.

Old July 13th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Prickly Cactus

I did a quick conversion over the past few days of some trolls from DnD Heroscape for use in Rangers of Shadow Deep. I only did minor painting, like cleaning up the loincloth (as the Scape version had skin color on the edges and no paint underneath to cover up its twigs and berries), painting the skull, metal color to the studs on wrists, painting the hairbands, fingernails and toenails. The main thing I had wanted to do was to get them off the peanut bases and onto something more appealing. I did pin their feet to the base, just in case. Nothing fancy, but another quick project for RoSD before moving on to Fallout for a little while.

Old version:

Very quick upgrade version:

Good sized minis vs. the 28mm minis for RoSD

Some quickly made fly holes I made for a specific scenario for Rangers of Shadow Deep. The giant flies are used in several scenarios however.

Old July 14th, 2019, 03:45 PM
"like" happy

Looks good @Hahma . Do you think itd be easy to play with the trolls on scape bases? Wouldnt you just measure from the base edge? We still play scape enough to not wanna rebase those. I have been holding steady to my paint at least 1 unit of legion a day. Since starting it I have painted 4 more squads of stormtroopers, 4-5 combat medics and the same amount of generic imp commanders, a squad of wookiees, 1 x23 speeder with crew, and was getting started with the other speeder crew and then more rebel troopers next.

Old July 14th, 2019, 05:29 PM
Prickly Cactus

Thanks @TREX .

It could work with the peanut bases but I just wanted to change these guys up. It makes movement and ranged attacks more consistent, but it wouldn't be out of balance if left on the peanut bases. I don't play Scape anymore, so I don't need to keep them Scape ready. Also, maybe at some point they may get used for DnD that my buddy runs.

It's cool that you are keeping up with your painting. Cracking them out I've take a break from painting Legion, as I have been on a Rangers kick and am going to be painting more Fallout stuff coming up.

I got 2 games in of Rangers and want to keep ahead to have things ready for upcoming scenarios since they have different requirements of units and terrain.

Old July 21st, 2019, 08:15 AM
Prickly Cactus

I just finished a tent, lean-to and campfire made from scratch for a scenario in Rangers of Shadow Deep, though they can be used for Frostgrave, DnD etc. I debated on buying some pre-made tents and a campfire and would just have to paint them, but I decided to be cheap, especially considering how often I might use them and said that if I can make it quickly, then I will. I didn't want to spend too much time on them, and didn't really.

I also finished making my Darkroot and Darkroot Vines for Rangers of Shadow Deep. I won't need them for awhile, but felt like getting ahead for future missions.

The Darkroot is a stationary plant that only takes a max of 2 damage from ranged attacks. It uses its vines that can pop up anywhere, to attack enemies. If you kill the main plant, the vines die, or just kill all the vines that pop up.

Old July 21st, 2019, 05:58 PM
"like" happy

As I said in the facebook post, these look pretty cool. Right now I'm printing some R4 and R5 astromech droids for legion. Im not sure why but I printed 12 of the R5 astromechs, 4 of the R4's and 5 of the Imperial Medic droids. I guess I could use extra of them as part of terrain or objectives when not using them with the trooper squads. I made a couple more star wars themed dice bowls. Just painting them as the stuff for them I'd already made. Lastly I decided to pull out the last of the miniatures scatter terrain I had in a box and painted all of it last night. It still needs a wash but makes it to where I'm completely finished with terrain.(For now) After its washed and spray varnished It will all be done, and its back to painting star wars legion minis.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures