Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 6th, 2019, 06:43 PM

Scud-O has disabled reputation
Re: Scud-O's Custom Units and Army Cards (Updated 6/4/2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroscaper 101 View Post
Neat customs you made on this thread.
Thank you!

I've been slowly making my way through the various active threads on this forum to check out everyone else's work and I've been very impressed. I feel like I'm definitely going to have to "up my game" so to speak.
Old June 19th, 2019, 05:56 PM

Re: Scud-O's Custom Units and Army Cards (Updated 6/4/2019)

New units and a Destructible/Interactive Object added:
Rad Counter Token Rules
Atomic Deacons
Nuclear Novices
Neutron Angel
Our Lady of the Depleted Uranium
St. Fission
The Atomic Ark

Updated units:
NextGen Strikers
NextGen Artillery
Old June 29th, 2019, 09:06 AM

Re: Scud-O's Custom Units (Updated 6/29/2019)

UPDATED OP 6/29/2019:

GORILLIGUNNERS added
Old June 29th, 2019, 05:11 PM

UPDATED OP 6/29/2019:

YULA, PRIMADON-RAISED added
Old June 30th, 2019, 01:21 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Time to play catch up! Great ideas once again Scud-O!

GorrillaGunners:
Personally I’d up their base attack to 2 right away or at least give them a chance for an autoskull at range (even if they have to hit a solo skull already). The guns might be hard to aim, but when they hit they should be able to wreck. For Assault Cannon, just say that they add 5 attack dice. Or 4 if you boost the base attack. 95 points looks like it might be a good ballpark guess, although they might need a price bump since hitting heroes for 2 attack of 6 in melee can be an absolute nightmare. 6 move helps them get to those heroes too. If I get these minis, I might end up rolling this design or something very similar.

Yula:
I’m not sure on a few things with this design. The Hybrid species doesn’t entirely make sense, unless she’s half ape or something. 2 range for a firearm wielding figure doesn’t make sense either; Maybe you could up it to a base of 5? Over-Excited can still be set to 2, because it makes sense that she’s so hyped on adrenaline that she can’t aim for squat. Turn Interuption from Monkey See Monkey Do opens a door for a bunch of rules questions, especially as you collect more figures. You could let her take the turn after another unit did, similar to reverse bonding.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 30th, 2019, 04:40 PM

First off, thanks for once again providing great feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
GorrillaGunners:
Personally I’d up their base attack to 2 right away or at least give them a chance for an autoskull at range (even if they have to hit a solo skull already). The guns might be hard to aim, but when they hit they should be able to wreck. For Assault Cannon, just say that they add 5 attack dice. Or 4 if you boost the base attack. 95 points looks like it might be a good ballpark guess, although they might need a price bump since hitting heroes for 2 attack of 6 in melee can be an absolute nightmare. 6 move helps them get to those heroes too. If I get these minis, I might end up rolling this design or something very similar.
Do you think the variable version of Assault Cannons is usable? I couldn't find any figures with powers/abilities that worked the way I imagined this one working, but I tried to make the operation clear. I think it adds some decision-making: do you engage and blast away or try to stay mid-range for a nice but not overpowering boost. I may drop their Defense to 2, actually, to make that a harder choice ("Tough" still helps them a bit). Thematically, I think it is a nice play on the combination of Primadon and Militaristic—they know they should hang back a bit but sometimes they just ca't help it and rush straight in to really pummel things.

I do like the idea of giving them an autoskull if the use a normal attack, so I'll edit "Assault Cannons" to make it a Special Attack. What is the Attack version of "Tough"? I found "Shocking Grasp" on Sharwin Wildborn, but is there a more generic version out there?

Quote:
Yula:
I’m not sure on a few things with this design. The Hybrid species doesn’t entirely make sense, unless she’s half ape or something. 2 range for a firearm wielding figure doesn’t make sense either; Maybe you could up it to a base of 5? Over-Excited can still be set to 2, because it makes sense that she’s so hyped on adrenaline that she can’t aim for squat. Turn Interuption from Monkey See Monkey Do opens a door for a bunch of rules questions, especially as you collect more figures. You could let her take the turn after another unit did, similar to reverse bonding.
Yeah, Hybrid was a flavor choice. I like the idea of her being susceptible to Werewolf Lord and such because she BELIEVES she's a Primadon, having been raised by them. But I can see going Human for simplicity's sake.

I thought the limited range mimicked her inability to focus, but maybe it would be better to let her have a standard range attack but if she gets in the thick of it (or drops a squddie near other squad figures), she might just go off.

I futzed with "Monkey See, Monkey Do" for a while. The primary reason I have it interrupting the turn where is does is thematic: she sees what the Primadons are doing and then says "I CAN DO THAT, TOO!" I'll give it a try as "after you take a turn with a Primadon squad" trigger and see how that works.

Can you point me to an example of "reverse bonding," by the way? I started reading through cards and couldn't find much like what I was thinking.
Old July 1st, 2019, 02:12 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Apparently, I’ve made a mistake! I happened to miss the “up to” part of Assault Cannons! That makes a bunch more sense, but does propel their costs upwards because they can hit way harder, especially with height. So the variable version does work, but jacks up their cost by a bit. I’m not 100% how much though.

For reverse bonding, I’m gonna link the C3V unit Tomoe Gozen. While she bonds before the target samurai squad’s turn, she still is one of the only examples of a reverse bonded hero.
https://www.heroscapers.com/communit...ad.php?t=48189

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 1st, 2019, 05:43 PM

Thanks! I actually HAVE the Brass Samurai D&D mini, so now I have Tomoe Gozen! Woot!

Also, that's about what I thought it would look like, so no surprises and easily tweaked on Yula.

I'm having so much fun making these customs and finding nooks and crannies to explore, thanks for chiming in and making me feel like continuing!
Old July 1st, 2019, 06:58 PM
I could go

I’m glad I was able to help by cheering you on!

And with constructive criticism of course.

Edit: Also, ‘gratz on Tomoe Gozen!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 8th, 2019, 07:35 PM

OP UPDATED!

CALLER IN DARKNESS added.
CROMARRO added.
GORILLILANCERS added.
GORILLIGUNNERS edited.
YULA, PRIMADON-RAISED edited.
Old July 9th, 2019, 11:17 AM
I could go

Re: Scud-O's Custom Units (Updated 07/08/2019)

2 more excellent designs!

Caller in Darkness
Lure of the Abyss is really cool. Did you mean to have the target figure roll an unblockable attack die against itself (to help prevent rules questions with units such as Deathreavers)? Even then, I’d suggest dropping his cost a bit, maybe 90? 2 defense vs ranged specials and melee attacks won’t last long at all, and since Lure of the Abyss isn’t the most reliable source of damage it might be hard for him to earn his points. I own the mini, so I’m probably just going to steal borrow yours.

Cromarro
About the only edit that needs to be made is to add in OM revealing language on the bonding since he gets bonding from Fyorlag Spiders (who are 3D printable!!!). Another solid design.

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
Old July 10th, 2019, 09:31 AM

Re: Scud-O's Custom Units (Updated 07/08/2019)

Quote:
2 more excellent designs!
Thanks!

Quote:
Caller in Darkness
Lure of the Abyss is really cool. Did you mean to have the target figure roll an unblockable attack die against itself (to help prevent rules questions with units such as Deathreavers)? Even then, I’d suggest dropping his cost a bit, maybe 90? 2 defense vs ranged specials and melee attacks won’t last long at all, and since Lure of the Abyss isn’t the most reliable source of damage it might be hard for him to earn his points. I own the mini, so I’m probably just going to steal borrow yours.
"Lure of the Abyss" is supposed to cause the target figure to roll it's full Attack against itself. For example, Frost Giant of Morh would roll 4 dice against itself and NOT roll defense dice.

Quote:
Cromarro
About the only edit that needs to be made is to add in OM revealing language on the bonding since he gets bonding from Fyorlag Spiders (who are 3D printable!!!). Another solid design.
I hadn't thought of his own possible bonding—thanks! I'll make that change and update the card image.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards