Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News
HeroScape News Sightings, HeroScape.com updates, official news, etc.

Notices

Old June 26th, 2022, 10:21 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth
Re: Hasbro crowd funding - could Heroscape be reprinted?

There are people around, in Maryland. Send PMs to @JohnnyFrisbee and @Earl_of_Sandwich . There are others around, too. The first person in the area who wants to run an event will get all my support, and people will show up.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old June 27th, 2022, 10:20 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elven Lord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I think if they brought it back, it wouldn't be as a mass market game. It'd be as a Kickstarter like the Heroquest reprint. And they'd be appealing to people your age and up with money and selling a bloated package of things for hundreds of dollars a pop.

The gaming industry has really transformed into a niche marketing and money up front deal.
Hmm, I'm in my late 20s and don't exactly have anyone to play with out here in Maryland (that I know of). Another issue is that the avid scapers might be too spread out...?
I'm introducing new friends to the game all the time. It's not that difficult if you prebuild an army pool and let people pick between your pre-built armies.
Old June 27th, 2022, 01:01 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
There are people around, in Maryland. Send PMs to @JohnnyFrisbee and @Earl_of_Sandwich . There are others around, too. The first person in the area who wants to run an event will get all my support, and people will show up.
If you build it they will come

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 27th, 2022, 01:28 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

That is the truth.

I built it for years. People always came. Every single time. I just want someone else in the area to pick up the gauntlet. The people are here; they'll show up.

= =
Old June 28th, 2022, 03:34 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Quote:
That is the truth.

I built it for years. People always came. Every single time. I just want someone else in the area to pick up the gauntlet. The people are here; they'll show up.
speaking of showing up...we gunna see you at a ScapeCon one of these days?

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22
Old June 28th, 2022, 08:30 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

I hope so. I discussed it with Brad; we thought about it. Maybe next year. I miss my buddies!

= =
Old June 29th, 2022, 04:54 PM
That's right! He can be taught!

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
I'll do it. We're a few months out though. First I have to rescue my scape collection from my brother's house. Somehow all my stuff got mixed in with all his stuff under questionable circumstances.

Not really, I had stored it in my closet and left it at home when I moved out several years ago. He rescued it before my mother threw it away, God bless him. But he was none too careful about storing it himself.

I plan to retrieve it this weekend and start refamiliarizing myself with it. Must be nearly 10 years now since I last actually played the game.

Also have no idea what condition the terrain is in. I had a A LOT of terrain pieces but my father didn't like it being stored in the basement so it got moved to the garage. The uhh, errr, non-insulated garage, so many of them became too brittle to use.

Is it bad form to ask participants to come build maps with their own pieces?

*on a side note. Does anyone have a rough estimate of active scapers in the US?

In progress fan fic; Kaia Vendetta

Slink's story can be found here.
Old June 29th, 2022, 10:23 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Of course you'll ask people to bring maps. Check out the link in my sig on how to run your first event. You'll be fine.

= =
Old June 30th, 2022, 03:40 PM

Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby! Elven Lord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Of course you'll ask people to bring maps. Check out the link in my sig on how to run your first event. You'll be fine.
It seems I broke my own rule; to be informed before asking questions. I've now asked you two or three questions without reading your thread.

I've now read your thread and have no further questions

EDIT: Refer to my tag. Tis true. Sometimes takes a few wacks with a hacksaw but it does happen from time to time.

Old June 30th, 2022, 10:52 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Don't worry about it! I'm here and happy to answer questions, whether you read the thread or not. I just thought it might help.

= =
Old July 5th, 2022, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Don't worry about it! I'm here and happy to answer questions, whether you read the thread or not. I just thought it might help.
I guess the big announcement for the weekend aside from "Hey! We won! Happy Fourth Y'all!" Is I got my heroscape back, well most of it. My brothers and I haven't played the game in over 10 years so there was some confusion about who's was who's and what was what. I'm pretty sure my younger brother absconded with all my elves of the crimson sigil and a goodly portion of the rest (given that I have over 200 unit cards and figurines for only about 75 of them), but hey! If anyone wants a matchup against the ashigaru or the knights templar, I still have a cohesive army of those guys.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape News