Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers
Meet Other Scapers Find other scapers in your area

Old September 10th, 2007, 08:27 AM

TOG knows what's in an order marker TOG knows what's in an order marker
I really think metamaps would be the way to go next time, and would definitely reduce our schleping requirements.

I looked and looked for that thread though, and can't find it.
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:57 PM

BassAckwardz has disabled reputation
Just wandered into a Walmart in Kansas off I-35 between 75th and 87th on the east frontage road. They have 3 Swarm if the Marro sets on the shelf. Also picked up the Einar, Ullar, and Vydar flag bearers to complete my set at the TRU across from Oak Park mall...unfortunately that was the last of each on the shelf...

Bass
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:02 AM

Location: Kansas City metro area (Grain Valley, Blue Springs)
paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
recruitsCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassAckwardz
Just got back from the RecruitCon. Had a great time playing HS with you all. Dan thanks for showing us the ropes. Looking forward to getting together to play a couple times a month, thanks guys.

Bass
Hey Bill, guys,

Yeah thanks for the game, I enjoyed getting my butt kicked by you and your friends 1000's of marro. Grumble Grumble Damn Ornak and his red flag of fury..LOL

I too agree with the others that smaller 2 player maps might be the way to go in future battles; so that more people could meet and play together, and no one gets left out. They also take less time to construct. Tog? what exactly is a meta-map? I don't recognize the term...

All of you that provided me with your email addresses should have recieved an email from me regarding bi-weekly game days. If you didnt, please send you email addres to me via a private message here on Heroscapers.

Also, so that we can post other topics to each other and not clog the meet other scapers thread here on the site, I created a yahoo message board for us to use. its called KCHeroScapers. Here is a link if you like to join us: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/kcheroscapers/

If I don't hear anything from the owner of Pulp Fiction Comics and games soon then we'll have to discuss other options for a meeting place. I'll let you guys know in a few days.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old September 11th, 2007, 08:21 AM

Re: recruitsCon

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox22
Tog? what exactly is a meta-map? I don't recognize the term...
A map 14 x 14 hexes or less, using only 1 Master Set, and no more than 1 of any terrain expansion. Amazingly though, it is possible to cram almost 5 master sets into a 14 x 14 footprint.

There are some threads around here somewhere talking about meta-maps, as netherregions ran a contest for them. There are also smaller maps, which names escape me, that would fit on a TV tray, and pack into a shoebox.
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:24 PM

paradox22 knows what's in an order marker paradox22 knows what's in an order marker
sounds cool... even if we just said that maps can use only one of each master set... I think that would be good too... just so long as we have multiple maps running and everyone gets in on the death and destruction...um... I mean... action.

Get your Kansas City Metro Scaping fix here: http://kcheroscapers.getphpbb.com/forum.html
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:36 PM

madmuppet is surprisingly tart
Re: recruitsCon

Quote:
If I don't hear anything from the owner of Pulp Fiction Comics and games soon then we'll have to discuss other options for a meeting place. I'll let you guys know in a few days.
Can anyone join in on this?
How often are you planning on getting together?
Are you focusing in the Lees Summit area? (that's a bit of a drive for me)

I imagine the answer to all of these would be for me to join this Yahoo group of yours....
Old September 11th, 2007, 06:03 PM

Hey MadPuppet... yes anyone can and should join in ... this is just an attempt to get a steady group together for regular games of heroscape, and network so we will know all the players in the area.

Currently we are discussing possible meeting locations in the KC metro area (Blue Springs, Independence and Lee's Summit).

Old September 11th, 2007, 06:56 PM

Silver1327 has disabled reputation
Ok that's good because I'm trying to get my friend to join in.
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:05 PM

madmuppet is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Hey MadPuppet... yes anyone can and should join in ... this is just an attempt to get a steady group together for regular games of heroscape, and network so we will know all the players in the area.

Currently we are discussing possible meeting locations in the KC metro area (Blue Springs, Independence and Lee's Summit).
Well I must say our definitions of Metro Area are very different But it would be nice to use all the Heroscape I bought and can hardly ever get my friends to play so I'll consider making the trip and keep an eye out.

In case you need more suggestions - I ventured out to the Game Cafe out in Independence once, seemed like a nice place. http://playgamecafe.com

If you want suggestions for places farther West, let me know.

EDIT: oh now that I've gone to the yahoo group I see that you are already more familiar with the Game Cafe than I am.
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:26 PM

Yep, we are considering the game cafe... we just arent sure if their gaming area is large enough to hold 10-15 people... But your right... it is an extremly nice place of business...

Old September 11th, 2007, 09:21 PM

I'm driving from Raymore, so FAR is all a matter of perspective.

I might bring this next time. I call it "The Arena". Scenario: Be in control of the Glyph of Gurda at the end of 6 rounds.

Old September 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM

Barbell hero drove like 3 hours to attend sundays RecruitsCOn!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Meet Other Scapers