Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 1st, 2006, 10:07 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
Wing Attachment

Okay, so i got my RV in the mail today. I was opening it. I think hasbro is a little bit rubber-band-happy, first of all.

Mainly, i was curious about other peoples opinion of wing fastening. I prefer the method of mimring, where the can easily detach (although not supposed to) for storage, but the new method (nilf and brax) is much more secure. I was struggling for bout 2 minutes to get braxas' wings on. Not very 8-year old-friendly....
Old July 2nd, 2006, 12:11 AM

fejkl Woo who?
Actually, I prefer Nilf and Brax over Mimsy. For storage purposes, we remove his wings. When we've kept them on, they've come off anyway. I'm afraid that, over time, the little ball-and-socket joint will wear down and not lock in place anymore, so Mim's wings aren't the best constructed, IMO.

Brax and Nilf store much better, although that may be because I have a huge compartment for them. I also like how secure their wings are. No falling off during storage like Mim's.

I know what you mean about the rubber bands. I think there are about 10 or so.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 01:10 AM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Taking Mimring and Su-bak-na's wings on and off is a big no-no if you want them to stay on securely in the long run. The joints can and do wear out over time. Why not just store Mimring with his wings on, like you seem to with Nilfheim and Braxas? He's not THAT huge.

Regarding the difficulty in assembling the new wings...I don't think kids are meant to put them together on their own....I think the assembly is supposed to be one of those "parental aid" sort of things.

And a sharp pair of scissors or a knife is the least frustrating way to deal with rubber bands I find.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 01:36 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I recall the wings of Braxas and Nilf being a bit difficult to put into place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcb231
The joints can and do wear out over time.
I've noticed the looseness with the wings on one of my Mimrings. I keep all my dragons (yes, S-B-N too ) on display in the garage. I have some room in one of my big storage tubs, but they look way cool on top of my cd player, Braxas being my favorite - though I've always dug Charos's 'swagger' if you look at him from behind.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 09:00 AM
has been BANNED

i used an exacto knife to get my figs out last night, and still got irked by the rubber bands. I havent stored braxas or Nilfheim yet, but when i do, my figures typically go into a gallon-size ziploc bag, and removing the wings takes up less space. Braxas and Nilf shouldnt be too hard, as with charos; their wings dont protrude too far off their body such as mimring and S-B-N.

PS: being my first post of the day, i have to put in my complaints: It is supposed to be 97 degrees today, and we have no AC.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:48 PM

RobWeaver has disabled reputation
I store the dragons and large creatures separately because the wings are the weak point on all of them. I'm with those who say they were not designed to be taken apart repeatedly.
Old July 2nd, 2006, 05:59 PM

Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker Su-Bak-Na knows what's in an order marker
I store all the figures that won't fit in my figure contanement area on top of it (Su-Bak-Na, Braxas, Nifheim, Theracus) Mimring is on the floor next to it. I thought Braxas' wings were the hardest to get in. I also thought that there where to many ruber bands, you think youv'e found them all and you start pulling the figure up and find that there are more left so frusterating.

Never negotiate the truth. - Serj Tankian

Trade List: Please contact with offers. http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ostcount=10010
Old July 3rd, 2006, 02:54 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!
At least with Mimring, if you wear out the wings you can always get another one. And look you get a whole bunch of terrain with it!

In all seriousness we have 4 Mim's that are out of the packaging and 2 still in the packaging. Some of them have wings that just fall off right from the word go. Others, like my first one, still stay on good. I just have to keep my 5 year old daughter from taking them off after a game has started (and the dragons go undrafted).
Old July 3rd, 2006, 09:34 AM

fejkl Woo who?
I must keep my units locked up, as I have a 1-year-old running around my house. I use a rather large tackle box with a spacious top compartment. However, with the amount of winged (and other Huge) figures sitting up there, it's been necessary to remove Mom's wings when not it use. We actually only play him about once per month, so it's not a huge deal.

I think I'll rearrange today, though, and see if he will fit with his wings on.
Old July 3rd, 2006, 10:28 AM
has been BANNED

where did you get this tackle box, and how much did it cost?
Old July 5th, 2006, 04:38 PM

vernz has disabled reputation
i had a problem with trying to get braxas wings on too it was a big pain

Old July 5th, 2006, 05:51 PM
has been BANNED

jcb231 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I've lived in some small appartments in my day, but even I can't think of a time when I would have felt the need to remove the dragon's wings. How tight are your places? Are some of you living out of army footlockers or on a merhcant marine ship? If so, take off all the wings you want....but if not, how can you find room for the wings and the dragon but not find that miniscule little extra bit of room it would take to store the wings ON the dragon? I can fit all of the dragons into a plastic bag or shoebox if I want....or even a smaller container if I place them carefully. I find it hard to believe that those who can obviously afford HS don't have homes or appartments with a few square inches of storage space somewhere in a drawer, closet, under the bed, basement, attic, cabinet, etc.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units