Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Notices

Old July 22nd, 2021, 09:56 PM

redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness redstang wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Out-there Heaven (Movie, TV, and Video Game Characters)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
I think you could arguably get away with 4 life on them, they are (mostly) really exceptional athletes. But I appreciate the fact that they are pretty low attack and defense.
Sounds good to me!
Old July 24th, 2021, 03:04 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Becuase if we ever do Star Trek we are obligated to the comic version which for some reason has O'Brien randomly beefy as hell:

NAME = SWOLE-BRIEN
SECRET IDENTITY = MILES EDWARD O'BRIEN

SPECIES = WALL OF MUSCLE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = ENGINEER
PERSONALITY = SWOLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = 1 AND A HALF SISKOS WIDE

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = YES

CHEIF ENGINEER

Instead of moving Swole-Brien on your turn, you may choose a Destructible Object adjacent to an Engineer you control and either add or remove 1 wound from that Destructible Object.

WHAT CANT BE ENGINEERED CAN BE PUNCHED
When attacking a figure that is not a Destructible Object, Swole-Brien adds 1 automatic skull to his attack roll. When attacking a Destructible Object, Swole-Brien has the Super Strength special power.

ONLY ENLISTED MAN IN STAR FLEET
Instead of moving normally with a Commander or Officer you control, you may move Swole-Brien.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store

Last edited by MrNobody; November 19th, 2022 at 11:59 AM.
Old July 24th, 2021, 03:30 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

Old July 25th, 2021, 12:00 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Swole-Brien should throw down with the version of O'Brien from Chief O'Brien at Work.
Old July 25th, 2021, 10:25 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

They're like two sides of the alternate universe O'Brien coin.

My Etsy Store
Old July 31st, 2021, 02:31 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
NAME = EVANGELION UNIT-00 (the blue one)
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = EVANGELION
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = UNSTABLE

SIZE/HEIGHT = HUGE ?? (DOUBLE-BASED)

LIFE = 7

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

FIRST CHILD
Evangelion Unit-00 has the identity of Rei Ayanami and the personality of Taciturn in addition to what is listed on this card. When an adjacent figure would receive one or more wounds, you may choose to ignore Evangelion Unit-00's AT Field special power and have Evangelion Unit-00 receive those wounds instead.

COORDINATED ASSAULT SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 6. Attack 5.
When attacking with this special attack, Evangelion Unit-00 may attack with it 1 additional time. After each attack against an opponent's figure, you may move any figure you control up to 4 spaces. You cannot move a figure that has already been moved this turn.

AT FIELD
When Evangelion Unit-00 would receive one or more wounds from anything other than an attack, ignore those wounds. Evangelion Unit-00 is never affected by attacks it was not targeted for.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:
NAME = EVANGELION UNIT-02 (the red one)
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = EVANGELION
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = ENIGMATIC

LIFE = 8

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

SECOND CHILD
Evangelion Unit-02 has the identity of Asuka Langley Soryu and the personality of Brash in addition to what is listed on this card. Before taking a turn with Evangelion Unit-02, choose any other figure in your army. For this turn, add 1 to Evangelion Unit-02's Move and Attack numbers for each revealed Order Marker on that figure's card, to a maximum of +2.

COMBAT SYNCHRONIZATION
Once per turn, after attacking an adjacent figure with Evangelion Unit-02, if the targeted figure received at least one wound, you may immediately place Evangelion Unit-02 on any empty spaces within 2 spaces of its previous placement and attack a different figure.

AT FIELD
When Evangelion Unit-02 would receive one or more wounds from anything other than an attack, ignore those wounds. Evangelion Unit-02 is never affected by attacks it was not targeted for.

SUPER STRENGTH
Quote:
NAME = EVANGELION UNIT-01 (the purple one)
SECRET IDENTITY =

SPECIES = EVANGELION
UNIQUENESS = EVENT HERO
CLASS = GUARDIAN
PERSONALITY = ENIGMATIC

LIFE = 9

MOVE = 7
RANGE = 6
ATTACK = 7
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = ???

THIRD CHILD
Evangelion Unit-01 has the identity of Shinji Ikari and the personality of Troubled in addition to what is listed on this card. When a Unique or Event Hero you control receives one or more wounds or is destroyed, you may move any unrevealed Order Markers from its card to this card.

THE BEAST
Opponents' figures adjacent to Evangelion Unit-01 subtract 1 from their Defense numbers for each revealed Order Marker on this card.

AT FIELD
When Evangelion Unit-01 would receive one or more wounds from anything other than an attack, ignore those wounds. Evangelion Unit-01 is never affected by attacks it was not targeted for.

SUPER STRENGTH
The main Evangelions from Neon Genesis Evangelion.

They're big bio-mechanical mechas, basically. Took this approach over implementing them as vehicles for a few reasons. Evas are super time-consuming to actually get into. Unlike Gundams, Evas pilots aren't interchangeable; each Eva can mostly only be piloted by one person (for lore reasons I won't get into). All the thematic pilots are useless in a scrap (14-year old kids with no combat training) and don't need separate cards or figures. Also the Evas' capabilities aren't hugely different from each other, so they're a bit tricky to differentiate mechanically if you aren't playing up the pilots' personalities.

They all have a really kick-ass force field that protects them from most forms of harm (called the AT Field - the AT stands for Absolute Terror). I interpreted that as basically no-selling anything that isn't a straight-up attack (including just getting caught in an AoE). Kept that as a common power.

General aesthetic for the write-ups is that they all share the AT Field power and they each get a "pilot" power that's playing up the pilot's personality.

I went with literally including the pilot's personality as a way to nod at their characters a bit, and since it feels logical enough that the pilots' personalities would impact how they interact with stuff on the battlefield. Obviously it's a bit trinkety, though. The pilot powers are named "First Child" and so on because the pilots get referred to that way pretty often in the series; it's the order in which they were discovered as potential Eva pilots.

Anywho, so that's the one pilot power up top and the Eva power at the bottom. The middle power is intended to be a mix: something that any of the Evas could do, but highlighting something that particularly gels with the pilot's style.

Rei (pilot of the blue Evangelion Unit-00) is a supporting character and in keeping with that, tends to get the 'support' jobs in combat operations. Very self-sacrificng type. Tried to lean into that a bit on the card, with her having a way-scaled-up version of the MACH-I/Star-Lord SA and also an Aaron Cash type effect.

Asuka (pilot of the red Evangelion Unit-02) is the deuteragonist of the story and rival for Shinji. She's the most combat-capable and Unit-02 is technically the first actual combat model; Unit-00 and Unit-01 are test models. Hence the rivalry type power and giving her the best straight-up attack power.

Shinji (pilot of the purple Evangelion Unit-01) is the protagonist of the story. He's by far the most reluctant pilot, but he's piloting the scariest Eva. I think the mechanics follow from there. I wanted this one to feel the mechanically cleanest, as the lead.

They all have a generalist slant vs a factional one, since they're big hefty things you're not gonna have room to run together in a lot of games. Event Hero status should keep them from getting too wild in generalist armies though. Generally envisioned them as costing a few hundred points each, but not to the point of being one-card armies.

Throwing this in Out-There Heaven because it's not a property we've decided to tackle and I'm mostly just in it for the thought experiment vs really wanting to make it happen in C3G. To my knowledge they don't have terribly accessible figures - best you can do is $50+ model kits that take a few hours to put together. (They are cool kits though)

Last edited by Ronin; August 2nd, 2021 at 10:17 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2021, 01:05 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Seem pretty cool to me, though my knowledge of Evangelion is very slim.

If these guys are supposed to be a team/ meant to be drafted together, feels like 00 kinda thirsts for some ability to reveal X OMs. The play between the wound absorbing and the 01's OM yonk thing is neat though.

Is 00 supposed to be able to move itself with the special attack? Can currently, just checking if that's the intent.

Is 02 supposed to be able to pick itself for the OM bit of Second Child? It can right now, but you mention it being a rivalry power. Having a rivalry with yourself isn't that wacky for an anime though I guess

Would it be worth doing like.. "opponent's figures adjacent to Evangelion Unit-01 subtract.." for the Beast power instead of engaged? That would let it hit Gundams and such for Mecha crossovers.

Personally, I don't really like powers that are based on number of OMs on a card, but then also have a limiter on them. Like if I have to work to get an effect going, I'd like to have a bit more carrot to it where I could get something extra special if I go whole hog investment in it. Especially on big scary event Heroes that are only boosting themselves, seems like they'd be plenty balanceable without the caps.

Not something I'd like nay a design over or anything though

My Etsy Store
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:19 PM
Symbiotic

Good catches! Definitely no self-rivalry intended on 02, just missed that I accidentally dropped that requirement somewhere in my umpteen edits to the power.

And yeah, probably fine to drop the cap on 01's defense subtraction. My initial versions were Unique Heroes, and I was a little more spooked about shenanigans there.
Old August 14th, 2021, 03:14 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Try not to Ralph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post

NAME = RALPH HINKLEY

SECRET IDENTITY = RALPH HANLEY

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = TEACHER
PERSONALITY = UNSURE

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6-7
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = ???

GREATEST AMERICAN HERO
Ralph Hinkley has the Personality of Patriotic in addition to what is listed on this card. Once per game, at the start of any round you may choose that Ralph Hanley is a Champion in addition to the Class listed on this card for this round and you may add 2 when rolling for A Wing and a Prayer.

A WING AND A PRAYER
After moving, if Ralph Hinkley used the Flying special power for any part of his movement, you must roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 1-2, Ralph receives a wound, if you roll 3-7, roll an unblockable attack die against all figures adjacent to Ralph.

LAVA RESISTANCE

SUPER STRENGTH

FLYING

Look at what's happened to me
I can't believe it myself
Suddenly I'm up on top of the world
It should have been somebody else
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me
Just like the light of a new day
It hit me from out of the blue
Breaking me out of the spell I was in
Making all of my wishes come true
Believe it or not, I'm walkin' on air
I never thought I could feel so free
Flyin' away on a wing and a prayer
Who could it be?
Believe it or not it's just me

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old August 16th, 2021, 12:13 AM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Before my time.
Old August 16th, 2021, 07:14 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Oh and original Dr Who is not?
Old August 16th, 2021, 11:13 AM
Symbiotic

I remember basically nothing about this show besides the theme song. Seems about right though?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy