Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old August 8th, 2012, 09:14 AM

Bloo is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Smile Bloo's customs

Hey, longish time lurker (maybe a year) and decided to start participating in the community .

So without further ado, my first custom, Vornak the Orc Scout
Spoiler Alert!

Agent OJ, the Reckless Agent
Spoiler Alert!

Hokori Takaki, the Honorable Samurai
Spoiler Alert!

If you guys have any suggestions I'm all ears.

I'll probably be uploading a few more once I make the cards for them.

Last edited by Bloo; August 10th, 2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: new version of unit
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Bloo's customs

I like it..

Just a few pointers... The range/sight is unlimited on Orc Rally 4. Which means, the orcs you move, can be 20 spaces away, and inside a castle...
Maybe you did this on purpose, maybe not, just pointing it out.

Just a helpful tip for your next custom, if you want to; The power names, and species (Orc), Rarity, (Unique hero), "Job", (Scout) "Personality", (Precise) and Size, (Large) are in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.

Also I'm kind of curious... Not usually one to critique chosen miniatures, but where is he getting his range from?

I might make Cheap Shot, a melee special attack, but maybe thats just me..

Welcome to the site Bloo!

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old August 8th, 2012, 09:52 AM

isaacgutierrez is surprisingly tart

I really like him, probably because I love being able to move and activate squads and heros outside of turn.

I think his stats are ok for the price, as he can do some decent damage and defend from most squads, and he is just a little bit better than other heroes and a bit more expensive.

Probably his range could be reduced to 1, as it has a stronger ranged special attack, and he is very fast with movement 8. He has right now a treat range of 13 (mov ´7+ range 6) with 2 dice, or treat 11 (mov 7 + range 4) with 3 dice. There is really no reason to attack with 2 if you can do it with 3.

I really like the orc rally ability, but as it was pointed out, it affects any orc squad you have, no matter how far they are from Vornak. In terms of playability his creates a bond within Vornak and he squad of orcs he is going to be moving. If that was your intention it is great.

If what you want is make the idea that Vornak yells and the orcs around him follow, then you may change it to "you may move (n) orcs within (n) spaces of Vornak up to 4 spaces" This way, it doesn't matter if they are squad or heroes, but it matter that they are close to Vornak. Worded like this it has a lot more potential, as it would allow you to move unique heroes with it, and if that is not your intention, then you can add "squad" or "not unique" somewhere.

The figure has a lot of convertive potential, as you can take any orc and mount him on a toy dinosaur fairly easily.

I really like this hero, so with your permission, I would like to test it in my next game as it is, and tell you about it

Caothic good: "saving people I don't like for reasons I don't quite understand"

Last edited by isaacgutierrez; August 8th, 2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:12 PM

I'd be incredibly happy if you tested him! Since my group of friends doesn't have a lot of orc squads (1 squad of archers and 1 grut orc squad) I wanted to make a hero that was compatible with both.

I'll probably change him around a little bit based on both of your suggestions.

Also I have him on a single base at the moment. (The dinosaur is a little small for a peanut, and barely fits on a single). More so because I had the extra single sitting around while I would have had to saw off grimnak/mimring for a peanut.

EDIT: @SamuelFrost Its hard to see from the picture I used but he has a bow in one hand, and an arrow in the other.
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Bloo; August 8th, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: forgot to reply to someone
Old August 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

You can't say "move 1 common squad"-it has to be a certain number of figures. I know it will be different, but "moving a squad" isn't real heroscape wording. Also, Cheap Shot should be worded "Figures roll 1 fewer defense die against Cheap Shot Special Attack."

Otherwise, looks pretty good.

Old August 8th, 2012, 05:27 PM

Just finished up a second card, will be adding to OP

Thoughts?

EDIT: and another one

Last edited by Bloo; August 9th, 2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old August 11th, 2012, 12:35 PM

isaacgutierrez is surprisingly tart

I just playtested }Vornak and I liked him.

500 point battle in an intersting playground

I used:
Vornak (110)
Blade Gruts (40)
Heavy gruts (50)
Grimnak (120)
Gothmog (110) one of my customs and
Orc warriors (70) another of my customs.

I played against:

Capitan America, Ana Karrinthon and a bunch of other customs, one that made soldiers move if another soldier is attacked and a world war 2 soldier unit.

What I found is that orcs, being cheap and strong, and having the bondings and the extra movement from Vornak are a very fast force. They work perfectly to gain position and eventualy falling on the enemy on the right place and time.

Vornak is quite fast, so no need to activate him to keep up more than once. But this way I could keep one turn on him and one on each one of my units, as the blade gruts and heavy gruts where moving Gothmog and Grimnak.

Secondly, I found that the way the rule is written makes for great versatility. One turn I moved both my other heroes and got them in position to deal with the monster that Capitan America is.

In the end I lost, but that was a given. Capitan America with Ana Karinthon is freakishly strong, as he has high defense already and she heals him and gives him bonuses in that area.

now, What I was really playtesting was your Vornak, and he proved to be a great adition to any orc army. It fills the theme (which is a horde moving together in mass) and in game terms is very very helpfull.

Will playtest him again against a troop heavy army or something less broken than what I faced.

By the way, I love orcs and you did a great job with Vornak.

Caothic good: "saving people I don't like for reasons I don't quite understand"

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards