Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures
Other Miniatures Miniatures games besides Heroscape.

Notices

Old February 15th, 2008, 04:30 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Field of Glory: historical mini wargaming w/ 28mm plastics

I recently started a thread for Command & Colors:Ancients as I researched wargames set in ancient times (there's a "mass army" itch that HS is not quite scratching).

However, in that research I stumbled upon a brand new (release date: 2/19/08 ) historical miniature wargaming rules system coming out called "Field of Glory" by Osprey Publishing.

They look to have partnered with a hard plastic (polystyrene) multi-part 28mm miniatures company called Wargames Factory.

This all looks very exciting! Products look very cool and the idea of getting in at the beginning (just like I did with HeroScape) is very appealing.

Anyone have any more info/opinions on this game?

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.
Old February 15th, 2008, 04:45 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
I can't comment on the rules system or the minis, since I haven't seen either. My personal preference is to play C&C:A and not go the route of miniatures (painting, terrain, etc). Miniatures look beautiful when they are done well, but I barely have enough time to play games. I definitely don't have the time to create the game components. Give me blocks/counters and hexes any time.

But this certainly has the potential of being a great gaming system if you are looking for minis. At $30 for 48 figures the start up cost won't be too bad (an army of 480 figs for $300). But that's a lot of painting.
Old February 20th, 2008, 09:45 PM

Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby! Mythic rolls all skulls baby!
Looks like online retailers are listing this as "in stock" now and initial reviews are good...

I was EyeOfSauron back in the day.
Now I'm Mythic.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Miniatures