Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Notices

Old July 31st, 2018, 09:53 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!
Kickstarter for Heroscape-Compatible STL files

There is currently a Kickstarter project running, Hyground 3D Printable Tabletop Gaming Terrain, that will deliver STL files for printing interlocking map tiles that will link to Heroscape tiles both horizontally and vertically.

They have a youtube video showing how their tiles interlock with Heroscape tiles.

Old July 31st, 2018, 10:22 PM

TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Kickstarter for Heroscape-Compatible STL files

Already a backer for this kickstarter. Jump on board guys and show some support. So many extra goodies coming it is well worth a 15 to 100 dollar pledge.
Old August 1st, 2018, 03:15 PM

srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby! srmalloy rolls all skulls baby!

The design of the lava tiles is innovative, although I wonder whether it would be more useful if you had a multi-filament capable printer to print the crust and insert as a single object. Still, it is more flexible as separate pieces; you can use different colors of filament to have a hotter lava underneath, or water. And with separate sides and caps, you're not using up surface tiles making elevations -- with the Heroscape tiles, a five-high hill has four layers of hidden surface, while the Hyground tiles just have a stack of kex sides. Less material, so you can afford to make more.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 11:33 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

I’d be more than happy to back if it weren’t for a lack if 3D printer. Those toys are expensive.

But printing new terrain is awesome!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old August 2nd, 2018, 12:38 PM

TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby! TalesOfValhallaOfficial rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameslayer93 View Post
I’d be more than happy to back if it weren’t for a lack if 3D printer. Those toys are expensive.

But printing new terrain is awesome!
understand flameslayer. But they do provide options on the kickstarter page if we do not have a 3d printer. A little bit more on the overall price but well worth it.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 01:18 PM

Brease is surprisingly tart

Thanks so much for posting this and for your support!
Old August 3rd, 2018, 01:21 PM

Just an FYI about 3D printers, You can get a really good printer now for about $200, and you'll have it to use for anything else you want to print.
Old August 3rd, 2018, 01:23 PM

The lava insert tiles can be used for many things like you said. They can be printed in any color or spray painted any color. We even have a way to put lights in the inserts!
Old August 4th, 2018, 06:35 PM

Its over 9,000!
Old August 4th, 2018, 06:42 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I'm in the camp of people without a 3D printer or much desire to get one. Even at $200, I'd rather save the money to use it on something else that I'll personally get more value out of.

I do wish the best of luck to the Kickstarter, though. The terrain definitely looks like it would be cool to own.
Old August 10th, 2018, 12:33 PM

mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness mcmeeple wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Man i really want to back this. Sadly I am still waiting on my stinking KS for a 3D printer! Darn Kodama taking forever.
Old August 14th, 2018, 06:10 AM

dukeadam is surprisingly tart

I backed this without a 3d printer, they are so common nowadays that I will be able to find someone to print it for me for a decent price I guess. Even if not, I am gonna get the files and they are not gonna age or anything, so I can print much more in foreseeable future, as the prices of 3d printers are constantly dropping. Considering how much HS terrain costs nowadays and how awesome these kickstarter maps look, I think it's a nobrainer. What's also important for me, is that they include quite a lot pieces that are not available in HS terrain, like inverse rock crowns, a lot of scatter terrain, caves, springs, walkways, crypts, desert rocks, resin accepting swamp and water tiles, 10 high base tiles, mine entrance, door sets, footbridge, cliff-side walkways, hazard tiles, transition bridge... I don't have a printer so I analyzed it thoroughly and I came to a conclusion that I don't really need to pledge 100$ to get all these marvelous items, as you can build your own pledge for 16$ or more to get all the free stretchgoals, including mine entrance, door sets, footbridge, cliff-side walkways, hazard tiles, transition bridge (Cliff-side walkways!!! they look awesome and think about all the tactical possibilities in map building!!!I would pay only to get those!). So I pledged around 25$ to get a basic swamp set (walkways!!!) and some additional crown tiles and at this point I am waiting to see free .stl files to send for valuation - I might spend much more if I don't have to buy a 3d printer and it still would be cheaper than buying stuff from ebay.

Moreover, I am a hobbyist and all this scatter terrain will be perfect for my other boardgames, wargames and rpg games.

For around 25$ I got elements to build any amount of any HS terrain, all stretchgoals, and HYground swamp set. Oh yes, take my money!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles