Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in GI JOE / SIGMA 6?
No (I only want heroscape universe) 35 42.17%
Yes, it would rock! 46 55.42%
What is G.I. JOE? 2 2.41%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 21st, 2007, 04:22 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Well, when I started this thread, it was not for any love of Sigma 6, trust me guys.

I started this thread because I loved GI Joe growing up. I really want Hasbro to make the Joe characters for Heroscape. If that means settling for Sigma 6 versions, I don't really care. Sigma 6 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow still look like Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow to me. Destro and Cobra Commander are both still recognizable. In fact, some of the variations are actually kind of cool looking (though I won't defend Duke's visor).

However, I have seen an episode of Sigma 6, and it actually made me stupider. Fortunately, the cool thing about Heroscape figures is that they DON'T talk. And WE actually get to control the plot. And we can imagine that they are the cool characters from the comic and that Sigma 6 doesn't exist.

If you guys are voting against this idea, then you obviously didn't read the old comics, because these characters were created by Marvel, and they are cooler than nearly any character in the Marvel Universe. Wait, what about Punisher? He has NOTHING on Snake Eyes. What about Deadpool? Deadpool is Snake's illegitimate son, hacked together by Liefeld! Venom? Storm Shadow could teach Venom the real meaning of vengance and how to make a long-term rivalry interesting. Doom? Destro isn't as powerful, but he could teach Doom a thing or two about tactics, honor and finesse. Can you name a Marvel character cooler than Snake, Storm Shadow, Duke, Flint or Destro? I can't think of one.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old January 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
just buy the small sigma six and make your own they fit on the hex.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old January 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgosCap
Well, when I started this thread, it was not for any love of Sigma 6, trust me guys.

I started this thread because I loved GI Joe growing up. I really want Hasbro to make the Joe characters for Heroscape. If that means settling for Sigma 6 versions, I don't really care. Sigma 6 Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow still look like Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow to me. Destro and Cobra Commander are both still recognizable. In fact, some of the variations are actually kind of cool looking (though I won't defend Duke's visor).

However, I have seen an episode of Sigma 6, and it actually made me stupider. Fortunately, the cool thing about Heroscape figures is that they DON'T talk. And WE actually get to control the plot. And we can imagine that they are the cool characters from the comic and that Sigma 6 doesn't exist.

If you guys are voting against this idea, then you obviously didn't read the old comics, because these characters were created by Marvel, and they are cooler than nearly any character in the Marvel Universe. Wait, what about Punisher? He has NOTHING on Snake Eyes. What about Deadpool? Deadpool is Snake's illegitimate son, hacked together by Liefeld! Venom? Storm Shadow could teach Venom the real meaning of vengance and how to make a long-term rivalry interesting. Doom? Destro isn't as powerful, but he could teach Doom a thing or two about tactics, honor and finesse. Can you name a Marvel character cooler than Snake, Storm Shadow, Duke, Flint or Destro? I can't think of one.
Have you ever even read a Deadpool comic?

Come on! How can you not say that's cooler than GI Joe?
Old January 21st, 2007, 10:43 AM

krai Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joah
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSpade
I'm not against haveing some licenced charactors in the game, but if hasbro ever put that sigma 6 crap in heroscape, I would be at the hasbro office with a baseball bat within 24 hours.
I'd start making your travel arrangements DS.
"sir, do you have any liquids on you, krai?"

Nope

"anything in your shoes?"

My feet and socks.

"Don't you have any lugage?"

Nope. Just this Chainsaw."

"May I ask what the chainsaw is for?"

Hasbro is making Sigma 6 figures for Heroscape.

"Give em a swing for me, sir."

i will be there too to help you.

The first step to stoping egomainia is admiting that I have a problem...
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:47 PM

django is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Quote:
I have his first 3 issues mint.

Ądn sʇɐɥʍ
Old January 21st, 2007, 01:51 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Quote:
I have his first 3 issues mint.
You do? I only own two or three mis-matched ones in crappy condition...
Old January 22nd, 2007, 03:09 AM

ArgosCap has disabled reputation
Um...no, I am not going to Mod the 2-inch Sigma 6 characters. Three reasons. First of all, they are waaaay out of scale with Heroscape. Second, I want offical, play tested cards. Third, I don't want the goofy poses and the "special effects" around the characters. I want simplified figs, that are easy to imagine being the original joes. And like I said, I REALLY want GI Joe. I would only accpet Sigma 6 as a realistic compromise.

I've looked through a few deadpool comic books. The impression I got was that reading those comics is a lot like watching Sigma 6 on TV. Mind numbing.

Snake Eyes kills people, and doesn't say a damn thing. No jokes or wisecracks. No theatrics. Just blood. That is the way I like it.

Visit my new site, THE FREE UNIVERSE to explore the universe of public domain and freely licensed characters, settings and story concepts.
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:26 PM

JIrish780 has disabled reputation
A traditional GI Joe set is more probable than you might think. This year is the 25th Anniversary of the GI Joe vs Cobra story and toy-line that many of us grew up with, and Hasbro is releasing 25 updated figures of characters in their classic outfits. So far, they've shown Duke, Scarlett, Roadblock, Snake Eyes, Gung-Ho, Cobra Commander, Destro, Storm Shadow, Baroness and the Cobra Trooper. If that line does well, we might possibly see other related items. It's not a guarentee, but it is something to consider.

That having been said, I wouldn't exactly jump for joy if the Joes we got were Sigma Six...

Samurai, check... Spider-Man, check... Ice Dragon, check... Dwarves, che- waitasec!
Old February 4th, 2007, 11:59 PM

Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker Trav11111 knows what's in an order marker
I vote yes, but I don't want sigma 6. I'm a fan of old school G.I.Joe. infact I was going to look for the thread on what you would like to see. I don't think we will get G.I.Joe in Marvelscape, but it may come in some new scape form.
Old August 30th, 2011, 10:00 AM

cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby! cobravigon rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Official G.I. JOE/Sigma 6 Heroscape Petition!

I think now that Sigma 6 is dead, and G.I. Joe is 30 years old and a new, hopefully better, live action is in the works a G.I. Joe miniatures game would be great, even if we have to customize it into heroscape. I would buy it simply to put more COBRA forces on the field with my custom Baroness! I have been a huge foan of G.I. Joe since I was 2 when the 3 3/4" figures came out.

"Unless my victory proves my superiority it is hollow and temporary."

My Custom Terrain

My Custom G.I.Joe and Cobra units
Old January 11th, 2012, 02:04 AM

chamber is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

CLASSIC Joe please, but yes, it would rock! would love to play w/ Flint & Firefly.
Old January 11th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Holy thread-thread necro, Batman!!
Original post: October 15th, 2006

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion