Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Old November 28th, 2009, 01:10 PM
BBQ-er of Beer Bathed Brats

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!
Re: Competitive Unit Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrLivingston View Post
Jeez, sorry Dignan.

Thought it was only the vote itself that was to remain secret!

After reading your post I understand what you mean about group think a lot better.

Oops!

Won't be doing that again!

No big deal, this is a new process and I'm still trying to see what works. I think that keeping everything secret might give us better results. I'd like to try it for a vote or two and see what we get. It might not be that big an issue. Maybe in the future we'll find out that public discussion during playtesting isn't that bad. We'll see.

Again, I'm glad you got some good playtesting in and I'm glad you're excited about the process. It's all a good sign.

Dignan's Maps - Dignan's Multiplayer Maps
Competitive Unit Congress
"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 28th, 2009, 06:26 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Such a tyrant. You can tell you really hurt his feelings because he didn't put some funny comment in his Edit line...

Last edited by CheddarLimbo; November 28th, 2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: But really, I'm glad Dignan is doing this, and I have faith in him to run this well.
Old November 28th, 2009, 09:14 PM

Killz is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Hey, I'm interested in joining, except for 1 small problem. I don't have a lot of those units.
Well, that does pose a problem as having reasonable quantities of the units is required to properly playtest them. Maybe a future proposed change will involve a unit that you have more of and can properly test.
Or you can proxy the units. Just use similarly shaped units and print off the cards then play with the changes presented here. It's no big deal and shouldn't be problem unless you run into LoS issues. People do it all the time before purchasing new units to get a good idea of how well they play.

If you have the protectors of ullar they are close enough that it shouldn't matter size wise. Just about medium figure is close enough in size to use as the gorrillas, marro drudge should do fine.
Ok, i'll do that.

Killz is kicking it as...

Ne-Gok-Sa, the original OG and stuff

in the
Perth Keep...
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Colorblind Kid

southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby! southwest ninja rolls all skulls baby!

Would you mind if we posted army ideas that involved the units we are testing? I wouldn't see that as influencing anyone's opion, just maybe allowing them to look at the unit from an angle they may not have considered.
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:09 PM

Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death! Dignan is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southwest ninja View Post
Would you mind if we posted army ideas that involved the units we are testing? I wouldn't see that as influencing anyone's opion, just maybe allowing them to look at the unit from an angle they may not have considered.
Yeah, that's not a bad idea as it might help other people with their testing. I don't see a problem with something like that.

"It doesn't matter how you find the pot of gold, all that matters is that you beat the leprechauns".

Old November 30th, 2009, 06:23 PM

Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby! Arcus rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, that's not a bad idea as it might help other people with their testing. I don't see a problem with something like that.
Excellent! I will be testing the following:

Gorillinator Test Army: 500 pts
Gorillinators x3 - 270
Nakita Agents - 390
Krav Maga - 490
Isamu - 500

EI Test Army: 500 pts
EI x2 - 280
Kiova - 370
Krav Maga - 470
Guilty - 500

My Maps
Upcoming M.A.R.S. (Mid-Atlantic Regional 'Scapers - PA/MD/NJ) Events Thread
Old November 30th, 2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcus View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Excellent! I will be testing the following:

Gorillinator Test Army: 500 pts
Gorillinators x3 - 270
Nakita Agents - 390
Krav Maga - 490
Isamu - 500

EI Test Army: 500 pts
EI x2 - 280
Kiova - 370
Krav Maga - 470
Guilty - 500
Looks good. Keep in mind that you dont have to pick one army build and stick with it throughout testing. As things progress, feel free to adjust your build and see how the units perform with different cheerleaders.

Old November 30th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Here is the first army I will be testing a varient unit with (today, hooray!):

G'nators x4
Skahen
Otonashi
Isamu
500/15

With the bump in Attack and Defense the G'nators seem to become a legitimate threat on their own and less reliant on the Nakita's Movement Bonding. I plan on taking advantage of their awesome speed by either seizing key points on the map and sniping, or, if facing a WTF or slow melee army, constantly moving out of my opponents range. I thought of wrapping them in Bacon, but my strategy would be severely hindered if I tried to keep them in an aura, so I took an additional squad instead.

I had an EI army, too, until I remembered that they were 140 points, not 110.

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Runa's favorite Minion

rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness rednax wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Just a few other G'Nator armies:

Nakitas 120
Skahen 120
G'nators x3 270
Total 510

Nakitas 120
Laglor 110
G'Nators x3 270
Total 500

I'm not sure if Laglor is right for the G'Nators, but it's worth a try. The Nakitas allow you to get your ranged pod in action easier, through Movement Bonding. Set it up early, and they should have ease keeping height.

Or what about testing the two together?

EI x2 280
G'Nators x3 270
Total 550

Old November 30th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Good is Dumb

Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Gulp is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Just curious, do you think we're going to get a different playtesting result if we stray too far from a 500-pt army? Are some non-viable units going to become viable in 700-pt situations?

Overall, my question is less about 700-pt armies and more about whether or not we should agree that armies should be between 500-540 points.

Check out Gulp's Glyphs Not Worth Grabbing and Gulp's Abilities Not Worth Activating! Very Useful Thread: The Heroscape Library

"Heroscapers.com is not a charity site for the illiterate." -Gbob
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:40 PM
Who Bummed Woo

rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla rym is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

That makes sense to me, Gulp. Seems we'd be wanting to test armies that fall into the viable, tournament-worthy categroy, and 700 points would be too much for that.

I'd think you could make anything viable at 700 points.

I'd say anywhere from 450 points to 550 points, as I don't know many tournaments that run (much) higher or lower than that.

"Chewie should move 6, lumbering or not. He's got long-ass legs"-
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:40 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I agree. The original Errata thread Dignan created was done so with the intent to make figures more playable in a tournament setting specifically. I think 450-550 is a good spread.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions