Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions
Other Customization & HS Additions Everything from new ways to play to modded figures

Notices

Old May 13th, 2020, 04:41 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Burnout - Alternate Format

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
I wonder how well it would work for the armies already on the board to stay in place?

Too much board control for them? Too much fighting uphill for the incoming armies?
I think that's too strong for the army that stays. The boards for this format are all really small, so on OM1 you're shooting with height into your opponents start zone.

For multiplayer free for all, I think this format has more reason to 'gang up' on one player, and if they start as the only one in their start zone then you have even more reason to hit their start zone from height.

Last edited by Chris Perkins; May 13th, 2020 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Added more detail for 3+ players
Old May 13th, 2020, 05:05 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
I think that's too strong for the army that stays. The boards for this format are all really small, so on OM1 you're shooting with height into your opponents start zone.

For multiplayer free for all, I think this format has more reason to 'gang up' on one player, and if they start as the only one in their start zone then you have even more reason to hit their start zone from height.
In a multiplayer FFA, the players aren't going to gang up on the guy that just came out of his start zone; they're going to gang up on the gal blasting everyone from height. Unless the dude starting in the start zone is way ahead of everyone, I suppose.

Probably best to reset.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 13th, 2020, 05:10 PM

Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Chris Perkins is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Ah, I was envisioning free-for-all where you get points for how much you kill (rather than last player standing wins), which is what I'm more familiar with. Hence my first thought to shoot down at the newly spawned player.

Yeah those incentives would be a bit different if you're just playing for last player standing.
Old May 13th, 2020, 05:22 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Ah, I was envisioning free-for-all where you get points for how much you kill (rather than last player standing wins), which is what I'm more familiar with. Hence my first thought to shoot down at the newly spawned player.

Yeah those incentives would be a bit different if you're just playing for last player standing.
Well in Burnout the goal is to kill your opponent's third army. In a FFA format it would turn into last man standing. It might be worthwhile to let eliminated players draft much smaller armies to join the fight to wreak havoc, just to stay in the game instead of turning into spectators.

--
--
--

--
Old May 13th, 2020, 09:49 PM
Sir Formerly Known As adoney

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:

Well in Burnout the goal is to kill your opponent's third army. In a FFA format it would turn into last man standing. It might be worthwhile to let eliminated players draft much smaller armies to join the fight to wreak havoc, just to stay in the game instead of turning into spectators.
Yeah, when I do larger group games with FFA type formats, I try to do things that keep people engaged and participating as long as possible. Maybe give em like 1 80pt-100pt hero to run around with to mess with the other players.

Sir Heroscape's Content
Customs, Maps, Battle Reports
YouTube Channel, Trade List,
'Scaper of the Month, Burnout Format
Tourney Record: 309 - 141
Online Record: 19 - 22

Last edited by Dysole; May 20th, 2020 at 09:37 AM.
Old May 23rd, 2020, 11:50 PM

Swung by to say that Dignan's scraps could also be good in this format.

@Dignan designed them for a semi-similar format; except for his format, you play lots of games against lots of different opponents.

--
--
--

--
Old March 5th, 2021, 10:46 PM

mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby! mtl1998 rolls all skulls baby!

Are any of these maps (or any burnout maps for that matter) available for online 'scape? I was looking for them in the maps and figures google doc but couldn't find any.

Thanks!
Old March 6th, 2021, 01:05 PM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Spoiler Alert!

I actually think with the way Spirits work it's ok if you place them on future armies. Similar to placing a spirit on not-yet-Dropped Airborne (which could even be your opponent's not-yet-Dropped AE).

I remember playing this mode whenever your figures stayed in place. The reset seems better, although having to draft/order your armies to prepare for an uphill fight is a nice nuance. Maybe give them the spawning army automatic initiative for "Round 1".

Either way, I want to play this mode soon. I'll probably build a map or two soon and post them. I'll echo the Online Scape question about whether any of the current maps are available.

Have you considered single BftU maps? What about M:TCB?

Oh, and the mode should be called “Gauntlet”.
Old March 6th, 2021, 02:56 PM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I’m curious if you have any post tournament thoughts on this mode, anything you would change or tweak after seeing it in a whole tournament. I agree that Gauntlet is a really good name also.

Tournament Record:126-52 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old March 7th, 2021, 11:55 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

My fiancée and I played a game last night on this map I built:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Storm
Requires: 1/2 RotV, 1 TJ, 1 RttFF (no trees)
We actually did a draft of these armies in a 1-2-1-1-1 order:

Army 1:
220 Mok
290 Axegrinders of the Burning Forge
300 Isamu

Army 2:
185 Nilfheim
245 Greenscale Warriors
295 Marro Warriors

Army 3:
200 Heracles
100 Krav Maga Agents

Army 4:
210 Braxas
290 Deathreavers x2
300 Otonashi

Army 5:
230 Bramcephys
300 Phantom Knights

Army 6:
140 Knights of Weston x2
250 Alastair MacDirk
300 Me-Burq-Sa

I picked first, and draft order went like: 2, 4/3, 5, 1, 6

Armies 4v2
Leftover: 7 Deathreavers and Otonashi

Armies 4v5
Leftover: Bram (5-life) and Phantoms

Armies 5v3
Leftover: Heracles (3-life) and 2 KMA

Armies 3v6
Leftover: 7 KoW and MBS (1-life)

Armies 6v1
Winner: MBS (1-life)
Old March 16th, 2021, 11:53 PM

Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth Sir Heroscape is a man of the cloth

Dang! Now that looks like it was a close and fun game !! ^

Sir Heroscape's Content
Old March 16th, 2021, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
I’m curious if you have any post tournament thoughts on this mode, anything you would change or tweak after seeing it in a whole tournament. I agree that Gauntlet is a really good name also.
Good question...I’ll give it some thought and respond.

Sir Heroscape's Content

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Other Customization & HS Additions