Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project
C3G Project A Place to gather C3G threads without interfering with other Marvel Customs creation

Old March 31st, 2021, 10:52 PM

Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby!
Splash's C3G Mods, Repaints, and Alternates

Hey y'all, thought I'd start my own thread to show off display some customs I've done! I've actually never painted minis before this and hardly painted anything at all really, but it's pretty fun and the art of modding is also something I've come to enjoy as well. Hope you like 'em.

An aside: Going back to my early memories of the Tarn Viking Warriors and Rise of the Valkyrie, I remember at first thinking they didn't make as much sense because they all looked different. It was easy at first to mistake them for Thorgrim or Finn. Of course I quickly came around (I usually do), and now I love the individual feel each figure has, and the same goes for all squads. All that said, I've definitely developed a way I like things.

Soo, in addition to the mods/paints, here are a couple notes:
- I like every Squad to have different figures and I also like Uncommons to be a different sculpt each time if possible.
- Some figures I like better than the official ones, this especially comes into play when the originals are from those first couple waves. I usually pick "battle ready" stances over "in action" sculpts and I don't like anything where the air "whoosh" is a solid chunk. I might give a few other reasons per character. I added a minor price guide; $ (1-5), $$ (5-10), and $$$ (10+) for how much it'll send you back over the standard.
- I also like to use just one iteration of each character secret identity/cardwise, so excluding the Iron Man suits with Slave Circuit, I had a few choices to make. Usually I favor what feels like the most iconic version of the character. This also kinda helps me limit my card printing and figure buying. I do like playing stuff I don't have online though.
-All the clix on the flying stands I have glued feets to base because the glue I use is strongk. Currently, I am not going to take a pic of every one of these minor mods.
-I almost always like two feet on the ground. Although I don't like solid air whoosh, it is more acceptable when they are a powerful cosmic hero, Captain Marvel or a Lantern or something. Another exception is I actively use figures emerging from waves/water for cards with water space powers, both as a memory cue and cause it looks cool. Also elementals like fire wielders and Electro and stuff it's alright, but I don't like effects for transparent things like magic, energy fields, and tech projections.

TLDR - Essentially I prefer not to reuse figures.

note: If anyone wants the mini info and can't find it just by typing in the character on a mini site, just post here or pm me and I'd be glad to share.

edit: Also check out my Raiden mod!

Last edited by Splash; April 13th, 2021 at 12:15 PM.
Old March 31st, 2021, 10:53 PM

Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby! Splash rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Splash's C3G Mods, Repaints, and Alternates

Indie/3rd Party
Thanks to all the amazing folks who figured out the mods and put together those detailed tutorials!
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; April 10th, 2021 at 01:42 AM.
Old March 31st, 2021, 10:53 PM

Mortal Kombat/DC Adjacent
Thanks to all the amazing folks who figured out the mods and put together those detailed tutorials!
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; April 10th, 2021 at 11:13 PM.
Old March 31st, 2021, 10:54 PM

DC
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; April 13th, 2021 at 02:14 PM.
Old March 31st, 2021, 10:55 PM

Marvel
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Splash; April 11th, 2021 at 12:54 AM.
Old April 1st, 2021, 08:55 AM
Looking where the light is better

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Cool stuff!
Old April 1st, 2021, 09:44 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Nice! Be sure to post a link to this in the Hangout Cave or Welcome to C3G thread (either would be fine, I think).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 1st, 2021, 12:43 PM
One time at band camp...

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Good job on all the slashers and MK! I don't have the ambition to make them all for myself at this point in my life, hah. Nice job on Spawn, you got those colors to really pop.
Old April 1st, 2021, 04:46 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Sweet stuff!
Old April 1st, 2021, 07:14 PM

Thanks everyone!
I'm hoping to finish it up when I get some more free time.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G Project