Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old July 7th, 2010, 06:41 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Shurrak Pre-Release Discussion Thread

I think they did a much better job fitting the figures on the card in this pack than some of the others. Shurrak looks much better than Torin.

Old July 7th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

Guys, this guy is absolutley crazy! He can hit several targets in an odd manner, he's strong and I like him. The guy's sculpt is pretty good too!

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:23 PM

Roufus has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Anyone else notice that his LOS green dot on his card is the top of his helmet rather than his eyes? Or maybe his thumb. It's definitely not his eyes though, lol.
Its positioned on the middle 'rivet' of his helmet, which isn't really a rivet at all, but the light on his underground mining helmet.

Join my customs committee. Give input to my newest creations.
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=34056
Old July 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
has been BANNED

Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker Devil's Advocate knows what's in an order marker

Shurrak like almost all the other Heroes in this pack feels like a B.

I think he is decent but not great. His Abilities concern me a little.

His special attack seems worse than either Brunak's Bloodthirsty or Kaeman's Quickstrike (even if you remove the ranged part of it). Usually it isn't that tough to keep your figures separated.

Knockback seems interesting but not that great. I'd love it if it could lead to a disengagement attack but it doesn't. Many maps have no lava and even then they could avoid it unless it the map has tons of it.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:04 PM

Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun Tai-Pan is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Knockback seems interesting but not that great. I'd love it if it could lead to a disengagement attack but it doesn't. Many maps have no lava and even then they could avoid it unless it the map has tons of it.
You could:

Knock them into lava
Knock them off of height
Knock them off a glyph
Knock them into other figures
Knock them onto a snow or ice space a little ways away
Knock them into Engagement Strike/Ice Spikes
Knock them to the other side of a creek
Knock them off a cliff or wall
Knock them out of an aura
Knock an aura giver back
Knock them out of formation/adjacency
Knock them out of shadows or away from trees
Knock them into Cyberclaw or adjacency with d20 for damage abilities (Plauge, fire elemental burn, etc.)
Knock them away from your other figures
Knock your own figures into better positions

Actually, the options are quite extensive. I was looking at knocking people onto walls but then I read the same level or lower part. I like the idea of batting maybe Migol or Crixus over an enemy line to get a cheerleader.

Jugger

It's like football with swords or LARPing without the geeky stuff. In other words, it's awesomely perfect!
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2010, 2011, & 2017

dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth dok is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
It just has to be clear sight, but notice his head is down and arms are up; there are many hexes behind and to the side that he simply cannot see. So his sculpt does limit it from being just anywhere.
Sure, however, he could always advance on enemies butt first, and then "knock them back" in front of him; i.e. on the opposite side from where the opposing figures started.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:26 PM

Kroz knows what's in an order marker Kroz knows what's in an order marker

He could knock back someone off of a castle wall...wait a second...he couldn't be up there though. Oops!

Being immune to fire, he could be good in a FE army.
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
It just has to be clear sight, but notice his head is down and arms are up; there are many hexes behind and to the side that he simply cannot see. So his sculpt does limit it from being just anywhere.
Sure, however, he could always advance on enemies butt first, and then "knock them back" in front of him; i.e. on the opposite side from where the opposing figures started.
Sounds like a viable tactic to divide and conquer.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old July 7th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil's Advocate View Post
Shurrak like almost all the other Heroes in this pack feels like a B.

I think he is decent but not great. His Abilities concern me a little.

His special attack seems worse than either Brunak's Bloodthirsty or Kaeman's Quickstrike (even if you remove the ranged part of it). Usually it isn't that tough to keep your figures separated.

I'll say one thing. I think you at least realize that Knockback is not some all powerful game changer. What it is is a nifty little trick for Shurrak to use. He is best at clearing himself of engagements, and flinging opponents heroes around.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:12 PM
Gets It!!!

Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness Xn F M wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroz View Post
He could knock back someone off of a castle wall...wait a second...he couldn't be up there though. Oops!
That's what Saylind is for.

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.
Old July 7th, 2010, 10:14 PM

Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness Chardar wears ripped pants of awesomeness

If it was like the scenario that came with FotA he could start up there, but that would be really stupid.

Old July 7th, 2010, 10:31 PM

BurnyFlame has disabled reputation

Sweeping Sword and Knockback are cool, but Lava Resistant is his best power. I am not kidding. I thank the game designers very much for making more Lava Resistant figures. Hopefully we will see more maps which use Lava because of it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units