Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old May 7th, 2007, 10:07 PM

dnutt99 has disabled reputation
The Book of Elite Onyx Vipers

The Book of Elite Onyx Vipers
Rise of the Valkyrie Walmart Exclusive Set
and Valkrill's Gambit - Collection 10 - Champions of Renown

Spoiler Alert!
If you cannot see the Army Card graphic, check Heroscapers Units Gallery Page. There is no information on this unit on the official Hasbro site.
    Yes. You can keep rolling for Frenzy after each turn until you roll less than a 16 or choose not to roll any more. If you're lucky, you can take multiple turns with the Vipers before your opponent has a chance to retaliate! (Hasbro FAQ)

- EVASIVE 8 : Applicable Attack Types
    Does the Elite Onyx Vipers' special power Evasive 8 work against special attacks like: Airborne Elite's grenade attack, Deathwalker's explosion, and Mimring's Fire Line special?
    The Evasive 8 power works against any attacking figure that is not adjacent. Normal attack or special attack does not matter in this case. (dnutt99)

Synergy Benefits Received
  • - ACOLARH : Ullar’s Amulet
    As a follower of Ullar, Elite Onyx Vipers may benefit from Acolarh’s ULLAR’S AMULET movement bonus.

- VENOC WARLORD : Frenzy Enhancement
    Having the Frenzy power, Elite Onyx Vipers may benefit from Venoc Warlord’s FRENZY ENHANCEMENT d20 bonus.

- VENOC WARLORD : Scout Leadership
    As Scouts, Elite Onyx Vipers may benefit from Venoc Warlord’s SCOUT LEADERSHIP movement bonus.

- BRAVE ARROW : Scout Melee Attack Enhancement
    Elite Onyx Vipers may add one attack die when adjacent to Brave Arrow and attacking an adjacent figure.

Synergy Benefits Offered
  • - N/A

Power Rankings

Jexik: Elite Onyx Vipers- Though hard to kill from range, the EOV fall quickly if they don’t kill their targets. C

OEAO: C

Cleon: Tier 4 (155/208)

dok (VC inclusive): C

Master Index
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSentinel
Unit Strategy Review
Note: These sculpts are from the Venoc Vipers, "Snipers and Vipers" set of Collection 1.

Last edited by superfrog; March 12th, 2019 at 02:37 PM.
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:01 AM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Another thing to note about the EOV is that they are unique rather than common like all the other Viper squads. This means that they can be enhanced by the vikings' Spirit Auras. If you have the Venoc Warlord and drop Eldgrim's spirit on them these guys have a movement of 10; the fastest in the game and twice that of most squads. With a lucky frenzy roll you should be able to hit almost any spot on the map with them on their very first turn.

Old May 10th, 2007, 12:07 PM

Riptide is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealQ
Another thing to note about the EOV is that they are unique rather than common like all the other Viper squads. This means that they can be enhanced by the vikings' Spirit Auras. If you have the Venoc Warlord and drop Eldgrim's spirit on them these guys have a movement of 10; the fastest in the game and twice that of most squads. With a lucky frenzy roll you should be able to hit almost any spot on the map with them on their very first turn.
You know, I haven't caught that yet - the spirits thing. I'll definitely have to use that next time... Backed by Raelin, and they would be a very formidable force on the field.
Old May 10th, 2007, 12:43 PM

TheRealQ has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide
You know, I haven't caught that yet - the spirits thing. I'll definitely have to use that next time... Backed by Raelin, and they would be a very formidable force on the field.
I don't think Raelin would be able to keep up with these low-flying jets. With a defense of 10 against ranged figures I don't think they have much to worry about without being engaged and their massive movement insures that they should get first strike against other melee units.

Another add-on I forgot to mention was Acolarh. If you have the EOV enhanced with Eldgrim, with the Venoc Warlord on your side, and starting next to Acolarh they have a move of 12 for their launch and a 10 for any follow up moves.

Old July 21st, 2007, 06:31 PM

cosmosis knows what's in an order marker cosmosis knows what's in an order marker
Here's a possible strategy to think about, assuming you get lucky and always draft Venoc Warlord with them:

Leave the Onyx Vipers back until you can move the 9 spaces (or 10-12 if you want to use Acolarh/Eldgrim) to get to a target (hopefully a single target or something the snakes should kill easily)... and when you hope to frenzy, you can always retreat with them as hit-and-run weapons, so it'd be best to try this strategy with the 3rd order marker, so that if you fail on the frenzy retreat, you might as well try the 1st order marker next round and just keep advancing and hopefully get lucky on your 2nd frenzy attempt.

I guess you could try this with the Venoc Vipers as well, but with no defense, why retreat anyway?
Old August 15th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Their Precise personality throws me for a loop.
All other Viper units have the Relentless personality.
Does giving the EOV the same, dominant trait make them too potent when snuggling up to the Darklord?

Love the idea of getting a viking champion spirit(s) on their card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
I have an extra set that I'd be willing to trade.
But pobably only for Sir Hawthorne seeing as how I have everything else already.
Jeez if I had multiples of the exclusives, I'd be sure you and Guerillinator owned them. Good luck, D!
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:08 PM

DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa DingoDarkly is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I like the EOV's but i think their special ability to add 8 dice to their defense is a bit zany!
Off Topic - dnutt, your avatar is freaking me out, more than Robaula's avatar ever did!
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:11 PM

Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker Grim knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hex_Enduction_Hour
That IS mighty odd.

I'm going to assume it's a mistake. Hmm, maybe it was conceived as a Unique Hero (the "1" on the back instead of "1,2,3")... who would be "Precise"? ... why, a sniper of course. And what color do snipers wear? BLACK. And of course, vipers have frenzy. So, I reckon that originally it was going to be:

XYPER THE HYPER VIPER SNIPER.

But then Wal-mart demanded 3 exclusive figures instead of 1.
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:18 PM
regurgitation cynic

Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness Eclipse wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
Quote:
That IS mighty odd.

I'm going to assume it's a mistake. Hmm, maybe it was conceived as a Unique Hero (the "1" on the back instead of "1,2,3")... who would be "Precise"? ... why, a sniper of course. And what color do snipers wear? BLACK. And of course, vipers have frenzy. So, I reckon that originally it was going to be:

They are precise. They're not a swarming, slashing, tearing unit that throws themselves forward to do as much damage as possible. They're an elite assassination unit, sliding in the darkness where they're hard to see until they reach their target and take them out. Once they've taken down their mark they rarely survive for long, but by then they've completed their mission anyway.

That's pretty much the most precise unit in the game
Old August 15th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim
Quote:
That IS mighty odd.

I could see Tricky, even Disciplined, but Precise?
Snuggling up against the oddly paired Khosumet might've made them too potent - hence the personality change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnutt99
I
Sup HEH
Miss you man... ...by the clacking sound of the D20 OF FATE!
It's been a long while since I fielded some Frenzyers. I may need to pull them out at the next game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandars_Hope
Off Topic - dnutt, your avatar is freaking me out, more than Robaula's avatar ever did!
Ditto
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:46 PM

Viking 77 Woo who?
Do you think these vipers would be useful in hunting down those annoying Krav Magna Agents?

"I only speak for myself"
Old August 15th, 2007, 11:35 PM

UtgarsWorstFear is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking 77
Do you think these vipers would be useful in hunting down those annoying Krav Magna Agents?
yes!!!!!!!! they rock at it

C3G is why I play heroscape.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units