Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:17 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
The Book of Werewolf (Jacob Russoff)

The Book of Werewolf (Jacob Russoff)

C3G MARVEL WAVE 23
AROUND THE WORLD

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Amazing Spider-Man set.
Its model number and name are #015 / Werewolf By Night.

Character Bio - Victim of an ancient family curse, Jacob Russoff has battled with his bestial alter-ego for most of his life. Known simply as the Werewolf when in his savage state, Jacob fights viciously and has been known to lose control, going into a frenzy and killing the target of his rage. Jacob sought for a long time to find a way to control his bestial form, but only by embracing it as a part of himself has he been able to gain full control over both his lupine and human sides. Now he fights evil as Jack Russell by day, and Werewolf by night!

-Rulings and Clarifications-
  • N/A

-Combinations and Synergies-

Incoming Synergy:Outgoing Synergy:
  • N/A
Immunities, Benefits, and Weaknesses:_________________________________________________________________

-Strategy, Tactics and Tips-
  • N/A
-Heroscapers Community Contributions-
Card Updates:
3 January 2021 - Stealth Leap wording update

Last edited by Arch-vile; October 30th, 2022 at 12:53 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:17 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Werewolf By Night(Design Phase)

NAME = WEREWOLF
SECRET IDENTITY = JACOB RUSSOFF

SPECIES = LYCANTHROPE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = WILD
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 270

FERAL HUNTING
Before taking a turn with Werewolf, you may choose any other figure on the battlefield that is not an Android or destructible object and add 1 to Werewolf's Move number for each Wound Marker on the chosen figure's card, up to a maximum of +2 for Feral Hunting. If you do, Werewolf may attack only the chosen figure this turn and must attack once for each Wound Marker on that figure's card at the start of this turn, if possible. Werewolf cannot attack more than 3 times in a single turn.

STEALTH LEAP 12
Instead of his normal move, Werewolf may move up to 3 spaces with Stealth Leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Werewolf has the Flying special power, but may not move up or down more than 12 levels in a single leap, and will not take any leaving engagement attacks when he starts to leap.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Werewolf, remove 1 Wound Marker from this card.

Changes
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by tcglkn; December 28th, 2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:27 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Possible Comic Art
Spoiler Alert!

Personally, I think the last is my favorite, followed by the top one.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:34 AM
Now moves with Flying.

Possible Mini Backgrounds.
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:53 AM
"Let's Nut this Unit Out!"

A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth A3n is a man of the cloth

That's his name?

Don't know the character, seems a little strong in the base stats. Should he be similar to Werewolf??

Powers seem fine.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:42 AM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'd drop defense by 1. This guy's most frequent opponent is Moon Knight, right? They should be somewhat comparable in stats/survivability.

My only other concern would be that with this power set he seems like a very honed in cruise missle you point at someone and he never turns back. Is that accurate to the character? Aren't werewolves kind of known for their bloodlust and lack of discretion? (In fact, classic wolfmen were said in fact to always hurt the ones they held most dear... that's what made the curse so terrifying).

I don't know this character too well, so take it with a grain of salt.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:37 AM
Power abusing superplaytester

Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death! Viegon is hot lava death!

Feral Hunting has a couple things I'm not clear on: 1) are the additional attacks optional or not? And 2) If he was to choose an unwounded figure, then run in and wound that figure on his first attack, would he then get the additional attacks?

Otherwise, .

C3G: Taking Superheroes to a Whole New Level!
C3V: The Legacy of Classic 'Scape!
Viegon & Family's Classic Customs, Maps, and Battlefield Videos.

Enjoy App Games? Try A Day in the Life of Atlas!
Old December 2nd, 2014, 12:30 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A3n View Post
That's his name?

Don't know the character, seems a little strong in the base stats. Should he be similar to Werewolf??

Powers seem fine.
It appears that is his super name, although I have contemplated just calling him Werewolf and letting his Secret Identity differentiate the two designs. He is already pretty similar to the Werewolf design, I think Margloth may be right and a slight defense drop might be in order here, but I definitely do think he should be better than a generic werewolf.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
I'd drop defense by 1. This guy's most frequent opponent is Moon Knight, right? They should be somewhat comparable in stats/survivability.

My only other concern would be that with this power set he seems like a very honed in cruise missle you point at someone and he never turns back. Is that accurate to the character? Aren't werewolves kind of known for their bloodlust and lack of discretion? (In fact, classic wolfmen were said in fact to always hurt the ones they held most dear... that's what made the curse so terrifying).

I don't know this character too well, so take it with a grain of salt.
Honestly, I have no clue who his most frequent opponent is. From his wiki he seems to face a hodgepodge of opponents.

As to the whole go wild and attack everyone thing, he fights his feral nature but occasionally succumbs to it, so maybe something making it difficult for him to disengage someone?

I think a defense drop might actually be a good idea here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viegon View Post
Feral Hunting has a couple things I'm not clear on: 1) are the additional attacks optional or not? And 2) If he was to choose an unwounded figure, then run in and wound that figure on his first attack, would he then get the additional attacks?

Otherwise, .
1) No, they should be a must. Should probably add in that wording.

2) I'm fine with it activating if he did not get the move boost as that seems a very feral thing to do.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 12:39 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

I think just "Werewolf" is fine for his name. It's like "Amazing Spider-Man" or whatever, applies more to the comic than the character.

Could probably use a bit of a nerf but he should definitely be a class above the generics.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 02:34 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Here is where we currently stand with what changes will be made once the breathing period is up.
Quote:
NAME = WEREWOLF
SECRET IDENTITY = JACOB RUSSOFF

SPECIES = LYCANTHROPE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CREATURE
PERSONALITY = WILD
SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5
MOVE = 6
RANGE =1
ATTACK =5
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 290?

FERAL HUNTING
Before taking a turn with Werewolf By Night, you may choose any figure on the battlefield that is not an Android or Destructible Object. Add 1 to Werewolf By Night's Move number and he must attack 1 additional time for each Wound Marker on the chosen figure's card, up to a maximum of +2 for Feral Hunting. If you do, Werewolf By Night may attack only the chosen figure this turn.

STEALTH LEAP 12
Instead of his normal move, Werewolf By Night may Stealth Leap. Stealth Leap has a move of 3. When counting spaces for Werewolf By Night's Stealth Leap movement, ignore elevations. Werewolf By Night may leap over water without stopping, leap over figures without becoming engaged, and leap over obstacles such as ruins. Werewolf By Night may not leap more than 12 levels up or down in a single leap. When moving with Stealth Leap, Werewolf By Night will not take any leaving engagement attacks.

HEALING FACTOR
After taking a turn with Werewolf By Night, remove 1 wound marker from this card.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:30 PM
C3G's First Fan

Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth Spidey'tilIDie is a man of the cloth

A) I thought his name was Jack Russell, B) I loved this guy as a kid. My friend collected his adventures and would let me read them. C) He had kinda a wandering anti-hero thing, like the Incredible Hulk show in the late 70s. D) A simple answer to the name issue: when you looked him up, did you find him under Werewolf or Werewolf by Night?

Semi-Retired C3G Hero
(and first Official Member of the C3G Target Audience!)

The correct way to add C3G playtests to posts.
My favorite day EVER on heroscapers.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.
RIP George Perez
Old December 2nd, 2014, 03:42 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey'tilIDie View Post
A) I thought his name was Jack Russell, B) I loved this guy as a kid. My friend collected his adventures and would let me read them. C) He had kinda a wandering anti-hero thing, like the Incredible Hulk show in the late 70s. D) A simple answer to the name issue: when you looked him up, did you find him under Werewolf or Werewolf by Night?
I found him by the bolded. As to the whole Jack Russel thing, his birth name is Jacob Russoff but he later changed it to Jack Russell. I thought it was best to use his birth name

Do you think the whole wandering anti-hero theme comes across? If not, do you have any suggestions on that front?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library