Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old May 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM

RedPower Woo who?
Re: C3G Question Dump / Advice Column: Ask your questions he

This may be a stupid question and I could probably post it in the Black Panther thread, but I just wanted to clarify his Stealth Pounce power. The underlined sentence is where my question originates.

STEALTH POUNCE
Before taking a turn with Black Panther, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure on the battlefield. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Black Panther, or if Black Panther currently occupies a Shadow space, add 1 automatic skull to his normal attack against the chosen figure this turn.

So does this mean that Black Panther must begin his turn behind some figure,structure,terrain feature, so that he can't be seen by the chosen figure, or can it also mean that if Black Panther starts his turn behind the chosen figure he also gets the attack bonus?

For me, checking for clear line of sight meant checking 360 degree visibility, but I have played with others who insist that it is the figure's theoretical peripheral vision which is checked for clear line of sight, something less than 180 degrees.

By the way, I think the Black Panther design is sweet, and I love the comic art on the card. Can't wait to draft him onto Cap's team and give him that bonus.
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:58 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I'm 90% positive that line of clear is 360 degrees around a figure's head.

Last edited by Lord Pyre; May 15th, 2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPower View Post
This may be a stupid question and I could probably post it in the Black Panther thread, but I just wanted to clarify his Stealth Pounce power. The underlined sentence is where my question originates.

STEALTH POUNCE
Before taking a turn with Black Panther, if he is unengaged, you may choose a figure on the battlefield. If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Black Panther, or if Black Panther currently occupies a Shadow space, add 1 automatic skull to his normal attack against the chosen figure this turn.

So does this mean that Black Panther must begin his turn behind some figure,structure,terrain feature, so that he can't be seen by the chosen figure, or can it also mean that if Black Panther starts his turn behind the chosen figure he also gets the attack bonus?

For me, checking for clear line of sight meant checking 360 degree visibility, but I have played with others who insist that it is the figure's theoretical peripheral vision which is checked for clear line of sight, something less than 180 degrees.

By the way, I think the Black Panther design is sweet, and I love the comic art on the card. Can't wait to draft him onto Cap's team and give him that bonus.

360 degrees for clear line of sight.

So knowing that is half the battle and helps answer part of your question regarding him having to start behind an enemy figure.

Stealth Pounce allows Black Panther to get an attack bonus of +1 auto skull if one of two criteria are met:

1) If the chosen figure does not have clear line of sight to Black Panther.

We've established that the chosen figure can sight 360 degrees. So what this criteria is meant to do is to coincide with Black Panther's Stealth Leap 12 power. Thus, an enemy figure might be on the other side of a ruin or something and doesn't have clear sight of Black Panther. But Black Panther can use Stealth Leap 12 to leap over the ruins and attack that enemy figure and get the +1 auto skull added to his normal attack.

or

2) If Black Panther currently occupies a Shadow space.

This is pretty self-explanitory. So now, even if the chosen enemy figure can have clear sight of Black Panther, if he starts his turn on a shadow space, he gets +1 auto skull to his normal attack against an enemy figure.

In both cases, Black Panther must start his turn unengaged.

Hope this helps.

Hand of fate is moving and the finger points to you
...Iron Maiden - The Wicker Man

TUTORIAL FOR RE-BASING FIGURES

3hrs 43mins 32secs = 1242nd of 8808 overall - 1988 Honolulu Marathon
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:25 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Whoops, I meant 360, typed 180. Sorry to cause confusion.
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Man, I so want more buildings so Black Panther can leap a small part of one and BAM! POUNCE!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Prickly Cactus

Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth Hahma is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Whoops, I meant 360, typed 180. Sorry to cause confusion.
I wasn't confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Man, I so want more buildings so Black Panther can leap a small part of one and BAM! POUNCE!

Try HYDRA Base Gehenna map for once mister man, some genius designed it.

Has walls to leap over and there are plenty of shadow spaces as well. Nice little playground for Black Panther

Old May 15th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Promotable Material

Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun Hellfire is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Has there been any consideration for designing official custom buildings? I saw the buildings designed by Grishnakh (made them in fact but haven't tried them out yet) but does C3G have any plans? . . . maybe I'll go look at the custom terrain threads (I don't venture that way often enough).
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:17 PM
guy who got blown up over Yavin, The

Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth Porkins is a man of the cloth

OK, for Black Panther...since the defending figure has 360° LOS (though I'm still not sure about this one since FAQ's state that Q9's shoulder thingies block LOS ) what is the difference between the defending figure not having LOS to Black Panther, and Black Panther not having LOS to the defending figure? Why not word the power, "...if Black Panther does not have LOS at the start of his turn blah blah"? I'm having trouble thinking of an example, but it's probably because I'm running on 3 hours sleep no thanks to the airlines.
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Business Casual

SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth SirGalahad is a man of the cloth

Black Panther may be able to see the figure's toe, etc., and the enemy might not be able to see Black Panther at all (not likely, but it could happen). Plus, think thematically -- the opponent can't see the attack coming!

I know that I do not know.
C3G INDEX - SSE 92 - JSA GENERATIONS
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:51 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahma View Post
360 degrees for clear line of sight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGalahad View Post
Black Panther may be able to see the figure's toe, etc., and the enemy might not be able to see Black Panther at all (not likely, but it could happen). Plus, think thematically -- the opponent can't see the attack coming!
I am 100% positive that these answers are correct. Guaranteed.
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:53 AM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
OK, for Black Panther...since the defending figure has 360° LOS (though I'm still not sure about this one since FAQ's state that Q9's shoulder thingies block LOS ) what is the difference between the defending figure not having LOS to Black Panther, and Black Panther not having LOS to the defending figure? Why not word the power, "...if Black Panther does not have LOS at the start of his turn blah blah"? I'm having trouble thinking of an example, but it's probably because I'm running on 3 hours sleep no thanks to the airlines.
A figure, like Q9 can block it own LOS, but that LOS is still 360°, it is just being blocked.
Old May 16th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Prickly Cactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins View Post
A figure, like Q9 can block it own LOS, but that LOS is still 360°, it is just being blocked.

Yeah, Q9 is a rare instance where the location of the sighting dot is such that when you try to look through it for sighting, there are places (shoulder pads) that will block his LOS. Now if his head were sitting on top of his shoulders and the dot were above his shoulder pads, then he'd have 360 degree sighting.

To expand on what Sir G said, Black Panther might not have clear sight of the enemy figure, but that figure might be able to see Black Panther's toe and not be surprised when he pounces. So ultimately, the theme is totally about the element of surprise from Black Panther. Shadow spaces offer thematic cover, and using his Stealth Leap allows him to get to figures that couldn't see him previously.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy